Looks like the Josh Gordon mentoring program is paying off for Antonio Callaway

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I watched the TMZ report with the dashcam video.This video should be required training for officers and offenders. The encounter was remarkably non-confrontational.

• Like (+1) 2

The Browns are "trusting" his story, that he didn't check the contents of the car. :lol: If the cop smelled weed you know damn well a pot smoker smelled that ish in his car when he got in too. The Browns are just hoping he doesn't fail a test at this point. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/7/2018 at 5:36 PM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

how it marijuana still ruining lives? i live out West. people aren't going crazy because it's legal. it might as well be alcohol at this point.

Must be due to MJ that players cannot stop using it even though it may cost them millions.

Appears to be mentally addicting despite addicts and advocates claims.

On 8/7/2018 at 6:38 PM, YoloinOhio said:

You don’t say...

Did he mention that Gordon borrowed his car yesterday?

On 8/7/2018 at 7:30 PM, Logic said:

The saddest part is that marijuana testing day in the NFL is on the same day EVERY SINGLE YEAR. 

For regular players with no history of pot offenses, you get tested once a year, and its always the same day. That's it. 

Players can literally smoke all they want for 9-10 months a year, so long as they stop 2-3 months in advance of the test each time. Even THAT is too hard for some. Sad.

And some claim it is not addicting.  I knew people who if they did not get their bong hit in morning they could not go to work; one was fired because customer smelled it on worker's breath. 

32 minutes ago, H2o said:

The Browns are "trusting" his story, that he didn't check the contents of the car. :lol: If the cop smelled weed you know damn well a pot smoker smelled that ish in his car when he got in too. The Browns are just hoping he doesn't fail a test at this point. :thumbsup:

I love how they justified taking him in the 4th rd by announcing they would have a “zero tolerance” policy with him due to his high risk background .... ?

NFL teams are well aware of his repeated run-ins with the law. Whether it be a credit card scam, issues with marijuana or a sexual assault allegation (he was later cleared), Callaway hasn’t been able to stay out of trouble.

“He is super talented. The tape from his sophomore season’s really good,” a scout told Pelissero. “But he is a train wreck when it comes to some of that off-field stuff. Poor decision-making at every turn.”

Another scout said the drug issues are a higher concern, and he reportedly admitted to smoking marijuana about six weeks before the NFL combine, per Pelissero.

“He’s not a bad kid, either. He’s just been around a lot of trouble,” an AFC scout told Pelissero. “And he admits to the fact that trouble finds him. He just hangs with the wrong people. It’s a shame, because he’s ridiculously talented.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/nfl-scout-calls-florida-wr-antonio-callaway-a-train-wreck-with-off-field-issues

1 hour ago, Buffalo86 said:

NFL teams are well aware of his repeated run-ins with the law. Whether it be a credit card scam, issues with marijuana or a sexual assault allegation (he was later cleared), Callaway hasn’t been able to stay out of trouble.

“He is super talented. The tape from his sophomore season’s really good,” a scout told Pelissero. “But he is a train wreck when it comes to some of that off-field stuff. Poor decision-making at every turn.”

Another scout said the drug issues are a higher concern, and he reportedly admitted to smoking marijuana about six weeks before the NFL combine, per Pelissero.

“He’s not a bad kid, either. He’s just been around a lot of trouble,” an AFC scout told Pelissero. “And he admits to the fact that trouble finds him. He just hangs with the wrong people. It’s a shame, because he’s ridiculously talented.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/nfl-scout-calls-florida-wr-antonio-callaway-a-train-wreck-with-off-field-issues

His reason for denying the sexual assault was that he was too high too have sex so it couldn’t have happened. 

On 8/7/2018 at 2:36 PM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

how it marijuana still ruining lives? i live out West. people aren't going crazy because it's legal. it might as well be alcohol at this point.

You can buy an OZ for 30$ in Oregon and it's legal, just don't be stupid and drive when you smoke.

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Must be due to MJ that players cannot stop using it even though it may cost them millions.

Appears to be mentally addicting despite addicts and advocates claims.

Did he mention that Gordon borrowed his car yesterday?

And some claim it is not addicting.  I knew people who if they did not get their bong hit in morning they could not go to work; one was fired because customer smelled it on worker's breath. 

It's 100% habitual.  And I've seen lives of people close to me destroyed from it.  Have a friend who wont leave a job he can't support his family with because he can't pass a drug test.  Had another friend shot to death selling it.

Freely admit both of those things would probably mitigated if it were legal.  I also don't think its a direct health hazard like harder drugs.    Its addicting, but I also like to have a drink of beer or wine more than once a week so I can't judge.