Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 11 - 8:45 AM

16 hours ago, Dan said:

So you've already decided that Allen was the best QB in preseason game 1?   

I think it's funny how everyone blames past regimes for not properly developing our previous QBs, but now so many people have decided that mid way through training camp, Allen has had enough development time and is ready to start.   There's a ton more to being an NFL QB than just throwing the ball.   In fact, I think you could argue that throwing the ball is pretty far down the list of things an NFL QB needs to do well. And I would suggest that AJ is most likely miles ahead of Allen when it comes to all those other QB duties.   How much do people really think you're going to asess Allen's ability to read a defense and handle the pressure and speed of the game in the 2nd half of preseason game 1?  (Assuming that's when he plays)

I would just hope everyone is able to calm down, trust that this coaching staff and GM actualy know what they're doing and are taking a more methodical and fact-based approach to developing Allen.  One good pass or series late in a preseason game does not make or break anyone.

Hey, I don't have a crystal ball. But after going over a lot of the reports, and listening to the opinion of people I trust who have been there, is that Alllen easily has the most latent talent of the three. Whether or not he ever achieves that, well, we are going to find out. But while, yes, he is a work in progress I have heard a lot that he really is working on fine tuning stepping up to the line to change plays and signs of progress on short throws (his knock) while throwing some gorgeous deep balls. An then, a lot of the incompletions that we have heard about are drops from receivers, because he is spending so much time with the third team.

I am not saying we annoint him starter, but it has been infuriating hearing about the dropsies while he is progressing. I wold love to see him at least moved up to the 2s for a bit.

25 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Love how patient they're being with Josh Allen. I want to see him on the field but this is the best POA. Let him master the little things first and then give him more and more. 

They are definitely protecting him right now.  The proverbial schitt will hit the fan, though, if he performs at an equal or better level than AJM and NP during the preseason games.  If the "veterans" can't outplay him, there's no reason to keep him on the bench.

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

why is it called midseason form? i want these guys ready for game 1....shouldn't it be regular season form?

Because all sportswriters rehash tired old cliches.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think it's just to imply he's ahead of schedule and looking good

I get it.....so many cliches in sports and I like to point them out

1 minute ago, eball said:

Because all sportswriters rehash tired old cliches.

yep

1 hour ago, eball said:

They are definitely protecting him right now.  The proverbial schitt will hit the fan, though, if he performs at an equal or better level than AJM and NP during the preseason games.  If the "veterans" can't outplay him, there's no reason to keep him on the bench.

If that is really the case that Peterman & AJM 

cant beat a rookie who still needs time to develop , maybe we need a better veteran QB instead of throwing a rookie to the fire ?!

6 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Hey, I don't have a crystal ball. But after going over a lot of the reports, and listening to the opinion of people I trust who have been there, is that Alllen easily has the most latent talent of the three. Whether or not he ever achieves that, well, we are going to find out. But while, yes, he is a work in progress I have heard a lot that he really is working on fine tuning stepping up to the line to change plays and signs of progress on short throws (his knock) while throwing some gorgeous deep balls. An then, a lot of the incompletions that we have heard about are drops from receivers, because he is spending so much time with the third team.

I am not saying we annoint him starter, but it has been infuriating hearing about the dropsies while he is progressing. I wold love to see him at least moved up to the 2s for a bit.

Points taken.  I completely agree as well that its nice to hear how he's progressing.  My only hesitation is its harder for us fans to know how he's doing with other areas of the game.  So I'm not going to scream to get him in.  For once, I feel like the coaching staff is thinking about what's best for the team's development long term and not their own interests week to week to try and look good.