Bills Offense ‘17 vs ‘18

SCBills

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Try this one.  Here are 2 back to back non read and run followed by Hotrod taking it in himself.  and for those saying Holmes isn't good, check out that catch on the first play.

If/when Allen puts a drive like this together we'll be measuring him for his gold jacket I suspect.

I can find others if you need to see more. 

Again, I understand why people don't like him, but you don't gotta make stuff up.

He SUCKS 

On 8/5/2018 at 11:45 PM, SCBills said:

Projected ‘18:

‘17 Dawkins/Incognito/Wood/Ducasse/Mills

’18 Dawkins/Ducasse/Bodine(Groy)/Miller/Mills

-Replace Incognito/Wood with Miller/Bodine(Groy)

’17 McCoy/Tolbert/Cadet

’18 McCoy/Ivory/Cadet

-Replace Tolbert with Ivory

’17 DiMarco

’18 DiMarco

’17 Clay/O’Leary/Thomas

’18 Clay/O’Leary/Thomas

’17 KB/Zay/Thompson/Holmes 

‘18 KB/Coleman/Kerley/Zay

-Replace Thompson with Coleman/Kerley

’17 Tyrod/Peterman 

‘18 McCarron/Allen (or vice-versa)

-Replace Tyrod with AJ or Allen

On paper, which offense do you prefer?

Don't forget about Dennison out and Daboll in.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:25 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Reality is the offense probably will be worse this year, at least in total points scored...BUT the changes made weren’t about this year, they were for the future.

TT haters fail to recognize the weapon his legs were.  Our new QBs, need to be quite a bit better than TT as a passer to make up for what he did with his legs.  If they are only slightly better than TT as a passer, then our offense will drop off because our OL is a big question mark right now and they won’t be able to make the plays TT did with his legs.  Not to mention McCoy is older too.

I much prefer our 2018 team, but that doesn’t mean it will actually better this year, and it’s ok if it’s not.  We got young QBs, this is about the next 5 to 10 years.  I fully expect and offense heavy offseason and draft next year to give Allen the protection and weapons to succeed.

NFL is a passing league in which the Bills ranked 31st out of 32 teams. TT's legs didn't make up for the lack of a passing game IMO.

There's almost nowhere to go, but up.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Figster said:

NFL is a passing league in which the Bills ranked 31st out of 32 teams. TT's legs didn't make up for the lack of a passing game IMO.

There's almost nowhere to go, but up.

Exactly this.    You can't just depend on a guys legs.    It's not hate. It's a reality.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Try this one.  Here are 2 back to back non read and run followed by Hotrod taking it in himself.  and for those saying Holmes isn't good, check out that catch on the first play.

If/when Allen puts a drive like this together we'll be measuring him for his gold jacket I suspect.

I can find others if you need to see more. 

Again, I understand why people don't like him, but you don't gotta make stuff up.

Fun drive. Tyrod's kind of similar to Allen in a sense that he'll make plays no one else would. He just is not very good overall. Average QB.

This gets me so excited for Bills football.

Allen is more of a gunslinger than Tyrod. I'd much rather see crazy plays from a QB's arm than his legs.

Whatever happens, it'll at least be entertaining.

The biggest change has to be Dennison for Daboll. As mentioned by several in the thread above Dennsion forcing the zone blocking scheme for the running game on personnel that didn't really fit it hurt the offense a lot last season.

I heard Daboll the other day in an interview say that his offense is still a work in progress as he evaluates what type of players he has on the team. That would seem like a pretty obvious approach but based on some of the coaches we have had in the past who want to run their systems regardless of the team's skill sets the obvious approach isn't always the case.

It is refreshing to at least hear a coach say his offense will be based on his personnel and change as need dictates. If Daboll stays true to his word that will go a long way towards the offense's possible success this season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Metal Man said:

The biggest change has to be Dennison for Daboll. As mentioned by several in the thread above Dennsion forcing the zone blocking scheme for the running game on personnel that didn't really fit it hurt the offense a lot last season.

I heard Daboll the other day in an interview say that his offense is still a work in progress as he evaluates what type of players he has on the team. That would seem like a pretty obvious approach but based on some of the coaches we have had in the past who want to run their systems regardless of the team's skill sets the obvious approach isn't always the case.

It is refreshing to at least hear a coach say his offense will be based on his personnel and change as need dictates. If Daboll stays true to his word that will go a long way towards the offense's possible success this season.

1) McDermott hired Dennison knowing his background.  He should be criticized too then.

2) Daboll has a terrible nfl resume.  It’s worse than RD.  

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

So... we replaced two pro-bowl O-linemen with scrubs and a somewhat average QB with a backup and left basically everything else the same... 

And everybody thinks we got better... is this a joke?

When Buffalo was almost last in the league throwing the football last season?

14 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

So... we replaced two pro-bowl O-linemen with scrubs and a somewhat average QB with a backup and left basically everything else the same... 

And everybody thinks we got better... is this a joke?

I expect them to throw for more yards per game but to turn the ball over much more than Tyrod did. I couldn't tell you whether the point differential between the Bills and their opponents will be worse or better. 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So we’re going to be double last this year then. :(

Cheer up fellas, 

When you look at all the talent that was released last season only to see Buffalo reach the playoffs for the 1st time in 17 years its a good indication the Bills 2nd year HC and GM know what their doing IMO.