Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice 5 - Closed to the Public

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Nothing about shaq? Had a nice opportunity with murphy out today too. Great.

Allen missing short easy throws scares me. It seems like that could plague him, you scratch your head one minute and then he comes back with a beauty. 

That is really frustrating. Its still early though

He's got the pop on his throws to have really great quick throws too. Hopefully we're working on getting him reps in those situations. Also, i feel like he doesn't have a great screen pass. it requires touch. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep.  

IMO, his camp performance so far has been better than EJ Manuel ever was.  You never really heard Manuel making great throws every practice.

Allen is still missing targets he should hit but also making a lot of great plays.  Definitely encouraging.

Yes, the one that stands out the most to me was when it hit the tent way off in left field somewheres lol

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Allen missing short easy throws scares me. It seems like that could plague him, you scratch your head one minute and then he comes back with a beauty. 

3 things to know from Day 5 at Bills camp

1 - Red zone work raises intensity

2 – McCarron fares well

3 - Playmakers

Shaq Lawson had a tackle for no gain on a check down pass to a back and had a batted pass, as he didn’t buy the play fake.

Buffalo Bills training camp day: QB battle, tempers heating up (7 observations)

Pittsford, N.Y. - The Buffalo Bills' fifth day of practice was closed to the public and started slowly. However, things picked up toward the final 30 minutes when the team began 11-on-11 and 7-on-7 drills. 

There were touchdown passes from all three quarterbacks, a few heated exchanges between both the offensive and defensive line, and more. Read about it in day five our observations.

Quarterback competition as tight as ever

Tempers flare on both lines

Tremaine Edmunds on the pass rush

Jordan Poyer demonstrating ball skills

Ryan Russell makes camp debut

Chris Ivory starting to show burst

Sean McDermott impressed with Harrison Phillips

45 minutes ago, Pete said:

It sounds like Shaq and Adolphus are on shaky ground.  Who else  is left from Whalley's picks?  John Miller....

Amd Miller apparently threw Poyer to the ground today after a pick.

I honestly struggle to pick my favorite player from this draft class... 

I like Allen cause he went to Wyoming and I used to live in Wyoming. 

Edmunds grew up right down the road from where I live. 

Phillips is essentially the most likable player. 

2 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

It’s the EJ/JP syndrome...so we should all be pretty numb to it by now. ?

Joe B: 7 observations from 2018 Buffalo Bills training camp - Day 5

(WKBW) - The Buffalo Bills, through their first official day off during training camp, came back to St. John Fisher College on Tuesday for a practice that brought along some change throughout the depth chart, as well as some interesting personal performances.

And for the second straight practice, we had a training camp fight -- this time with punches thrown. It was between left tackle Dion Dawkins and defensive end Eddie Yarbrough and occurred because Yarbrough felt Dawkins continued their 1-on-1 rep just a bit too long.

Outside of the fight, what happened on Tuesday? Seven observations from the day of work:

1) McCarron has his best day of camp
2) Edmunds shows both flashes and room for improvement
3) Is Adolphus Washington in roster trouble?
4) Kerley getting moved around
5) Kyle Williams looks refreshed
6) Signs of the 'big nickel' are here
7) Full change along the second-team OL

Day 5 MVP: QB A.J. McCarron

- He threw the interception early on, but he was great in team drills from that point forward. He has gotten better day by day.

Day 5 LVP: G De'Ondre Wesley

- After two days of struggles at left tackle, the Bills moved Wesley back inside to guard. Wesley seemed a bit more comfortable inside at guard during the first two days of camp, but he served up some bad losses on Tuesday as well. If the decision is between Wesley and Newhouse, Newhouse has him at this point.

Up Next: Day 6 on Wednesday, August 1 at 8:45 am.

6 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Pretty cleat the Thad Brown does not like Allen.  All his misses are brutal or awful and his completions are decent.  Great reporting Thad!

You sure about that?

Pittsford - The Bills passing game had a good day on Tuesday.

It wasn't just the quarterbacks. The whole receiving group--running backs, tight ends, wideouts--all won battles all morning long.

Unsurprisingly, the quarterbacks had a good day right along with their receivers Tuesday. AJ McCarron and Josh Allen were especially good. They seem to be separating a bit from Nate Peterman in the three man quarterback derby.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You sure about that?

Pittsford - The Bills passing game had a good day on Tuesday.

It wasn't just the quarterbacks. The whole receiving group--running backs, tight ends, wideouts--all won battles all morning long.

Unsurprisingly, the quarterbacks had a good day right along with their receivers Tuesday. AJ McCarron and Josh Allen were especially good. They seem to be separating a bit from Nate Peterman in the three man quarterback derby.

Yes, but I am not going to cut and past the shots from the last couple pages.  Hopefully he's coming around, a bad pass can just be a bad pass, doesn't have to be "brutal".  Plus I think Thad is the one that said he had a brutal throw in his first or second practice, when it was a throw away.  at any rate, not going to get in a pissing match, not that big of a deal.  But if you look at his comments early on, you will see a pattern.

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 3