Early indications: The Bills will actually have a modern offense ?!

Logic

Seeing reports from camp so far of the Bills' offense featuring multiple RPOs, sprintouts, triple option looks, ample pre-snap motion, empty sets out of 21 personnel, formations that force mismatches...

Could it be that for the first time in what feels like, I dunno...20 years or so...the Buffalo Bills could actually run a modern NFL offense?!

I know, I know, it seems impossible. But I am absolutely LOVING what I'm hearing/seeing so far in terms of formations, concepts, and personnel. Very encouraging!

• Like (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Wanted to see RPO. If it helped beat the Pats I was going to ask why we wouldn't use it if we didn't institute it.  

Going to to be nice to see a QB that throws the ball and an offense that is modern.  

This is why people were happy to see Nate actually look like a real passing QB even though it turned ugly in that game.   

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

Seeing reports from camp so far of the Bills' offense featuring multiple RPOs, sprintouts, triple option looks, ample pre-snap motion, empty sets out of 21 personnel, formations that force mismatches...

Could it be that for the first time in what feels like, I dunno...20 years or so...the Buffalo Bills could actually run a modern NFL offense?!

I know, I know, it seems impossible. But I am absolutely LOVING what I'm hearing/seeing so far in terms of formations, concepts, and personnel. Very encouraging!

Ground and pound!  Pound the rock!  Build a bully! 

Run and stop the run!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

In the NFL a variety of offensive systems succeed. Some are more complex than others. The biggest determining factor for success for an offense is the level of talent on the unit and the caliber of qb leading the offense. For the most part how you execute a play is more important than outsmarting a defense. Teams intensely watch game tapes. Offenses have a good sense what the defense is doing and defenses have a good sense what the offense is doing. Right now, regardless who is coaching the offense this offense is going to have problems. And it will be due to a lack of talent on that side of the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The irony is this is the EXACT type of offense that they should have been running for the last 3 years. They had the personnel to do it. I’m glad to see it.

i'm not convinced the guy that was under center would have been able to run it though.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The irony is this is the EXACT type of offense that they should have been running for the last 3 years. They had the personnel to do it. I’m glad to see it.

Just now, Foxx said:

i'm not convinced the guy that was under center would have been able to run it though.

Agreed to both u guyz

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Ground and pound!  Pound the rock!  Build a bully! 

Run and stop the run!

Let's go eat a #£%%¥@& snack!

EDIT:  I finally realized there is an unspoken sentence to follow that:

"Before my brother Rob eats them all!"

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Brainstorm. Ouch.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

There is no doubt that our play calling the last few years did not put Tyrod in the best possible position to succeed.

We could have done so much more with scheming and play calling to harness his natural athleticism, which was as high as anyone on the team.

Better late than never.

• Like (+1) 2

Here's the thing: It is possible to scheme up inferior offensive talent and get production out of them.

Everyone knows the Bills offense lacks playmakers. With creative offensive playcalling, though, the likes of which Daboll is already demonstrating in camp, you can scheme guys open. Players like McCloud, Foster, Dupre, and Reilly are making plays in camp against a good defense because the playcalls are creative, the formations are put together with intent to create mismatches, and the playmakers we DO have (McCoy, Benjamin, Clay) are being moved around the formation.

So anyone who says "Schemes don't matter, its all about execution!"...I disagree. I think schemes DEFINITELY matter. I think you're going to see the Bills offense improve from last year not based on upgraded talent, but based on creative playcalling and exploitation of mismatches. That's Daboll.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2