Dolphins will suspend and/or fine any player who displays anthem protest

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

I agree that nonviolent drug charges clogging up the jails is counter productive.  Look at the Violent crimes though.  Totally understand that POC are most likely residents in inner city areas.  I obviously only look through the eyes of a white male, so I don't understand a lot of POC struggles

I won’t pretend to be an expert in statistics, criminology or day to day life as a black man.

but I think there’s compelling data out there that the war on drugs found us kicking down inner city doors while conversely finding a health epidemic in the suburbs. 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I won’t pretend to be an expert in statistics, criminology or day to day life as a black man.

but I think there’s compelling data out there that the war on drugs found us kicking down inner city doors while conversely finding a health epidemic in the suburbs. 

Point taken!

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

They certainly accepted advertising dollars- like they would from most willing advertisers. Why should the nfl be the charitable recruiting arm of the military anyway?

Reread my post. IMO, the NFL and by extension the DoD should disclose this deal & not engage in paid patriotism. 

It took Sen McCain Sen Flake exposing this. 

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/259120-mccain-flake-slam-so-called-paid-patriotism-at-sporting-events

I have no issue with this deal provided it was disclosed to the public. 

Edited by Dr.Sack

This whole argument misses the two main points imo:

1) you do not get to protest while at work- I can not protest at my school I teach at-and my impact would be much more powerful than these guys.

2) kneeling during the anthem is protesting the entire country not just the parts they dislike. 

If you want to improve the police brutality situation then make an effort during days off. This kneeling is not informative or effective. I have to tell my students all the time that if you want things to change you better be able to speak up for your cause and work a hell of lot harder than just kneeling in TV.

• Like (+1) 2