Does good customer service still exist?

Another Fan

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Thanks but sometimes that doesn’t help.  Supervisors will apologize and say on  that reference number you got the wrong info.  It does help though 

Cybil?

1 hour ago, Ned Flanders said:

Immediately thought of them (c'mon open on Sundays will ya!) and of course, Wegmans.

Saw a meme the other day that made me laugh it said 

I trust Chic Fil A so much I don't even check the bag at the drive through, if they left something out I just assume they know what's best for me  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

So I just got off the phone with an insurance company after an hour.  The whole call was a Who’s on First session where I got nowhere.

This seems to be a trend though almost everywhere.  Call centers I guess are outsourced overseas.  Had to vent before I Shout and not like after a BillsTD. 

The good economy has led places to hire whoever they can get. People with bad verbal and people skills are in many cases the only ones left. Nursing homes are filled with these people. That's sad! And scary

Just now, Tiberius said:

The good economy has led places to hire whoever they can get. People with bad verbal and people skills are in many cases the only ones left. Nursing homes are filled with these people. That's sad! And scary

upside is if you don't like your current job now is the time to trade up.   

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Kind of a tangent here, but I have Comcast cable. I have to call more than I would like to discuss billing, service interruptions, and such. Its usually a minimum of a 10-15 minute wait on the line before you get to speak with an individual. One thing I learned is that they seem to respond quicker when you choose "upgrade service" from the automated menu. I choose that then start complaining  as soon as someone picks up the line.

If you walk into Home Depot, would you go to a cashier if want to talk to someone the different products they have in the garden supply area? The reason the automated systems are in place is to guide you to the right agent for your issue. As someone who's worked on both the Sales and Repair teams, I can understand someone wants to get to someone faster yet at the same time ends up getting transferred and/or more irritated because the person they reached couldn't help them yet it could have been avoided had the caller told the system the true nature of the call. Or nowadays most businesses have self help apps or chat agents you can reach for problems too or you can even ask for a call back if their automated system recognizes it's going to be a long wait. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

If you walk into Home Depot, would you go to a cashier if want to talk to someone the different products they have in the garden supply area? The reason the automated systems are in place is to guide you to the right agent for your issue. As someone who's worked on both the Sales and Repair teams, I can understand someone wants to get to someone faster yet at the same time ends up getting transferred and/or more irritated because the person they reached couldn't help them yet it could have been avoided had the caller told the system the true nature of the call. Or nowadays most businesses have self help apps or chat agents you can reach for problems too or you can even ask for a call back if their automated system recognizes it's going to be a long wait. 

If I need something I don't go to Home Depot, I send the wife.   I could wander around that dump for hours, but if she walks in, 4 guys ask if she needs anything getting out of the car.    Same with Ace Hardware, I stood at the paint counter for 30 minutes waiting for help.  She walked in and immediately got help.   so she complained because I stormed out of there and got a free propane tank.   You don't know true wealth until you look in your garage and you've got 3 spare propane tanks.   That's what rich is.  :D 

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

If I need something I don't go to Home Depot, I send the wife.   I could wander around that dump for hours, but if she walks in, 4 guys ask if she needs anything getting out of the car.    Same with Ace Hardware, I stood at the paint counter for 30 minutes waiting for help.  She walked in and immediately got help.   so she complained because I stormed out of there and got a free propane tank.   You don't know true wealth until you look in your garage and you've got 3 spare propane tanks.   That's what rich is.  :D 

Ha! I only have two propane tanks in my garage ;)

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Ha! I only have two propane tanks in my garage ;)

I had one i bought for the grill, then i bought another for the turkey fryer I never use.  She got one from complaining and then I bought a grill 2 months ago that came with a freebie.   They're probably all empty now 

Call centers suck.  I got a letter from my utility company saying they were going to charge me $25 because they hadn't been able to come inside to read my gas meter (which was my fault.  Letter said I could get by with calling in the reading.  So I did.  Fast forward a month, I get another letter saying that I failed to get the meter reading in so they put the charge on my account.  So, I called them up and asked them what happened.  At first, the lady tried telling me I didn't get the reading in on time.  I asked her to provide the date of when I called it in (as I have the record that I called on my phone).  She then said that they had no record of me calling in (again, on my phone).  Wouldn't listen to me and told me I would still have to pay the charge.  Well, that is until I asked for her supervisor.

19 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

You also dont know how many local and federal Officers may also be watching an monitoring your house now too wondering what you have planned.......

I always found when going to places like best buy and future shop, if I was looking at things like car stereos, spend more time looking at and testing the more expensive units, they come right over, then tell them you want one of the cheaper ones and take them over to those units. I found you could stand there for hours and no one does anything, but once you get near the top units theres always someone that asks if they can help you.

Edited by apuszczalowski

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

You also dont know how many local and federal Officers may also be watching an monitoring your house now too wondering what you have planned.......

Here in FL I don't think it's all that uncommon to have multiple tanks.  I've seen people lined up with 4-5 of them when a hurricane is on it's way here.    Reminds me I need to get mine filled just in case, last year we had no power for a week.   That was fun.   

On 7/19/2018 at 11:18 AM, Cripple Creek said:

had an issue w a grocery store lately and they dropped the ball at the store. I got a call from the DM and we talked for probably 30 minutes. He gave me time to say my piece, didn’t offer excuses and provided thoughtful answers. He offered me a GC at the end of the call & I thanked him but declined the offer. I just needed to “be heard” and that is something that most today won’t allow.

And that's the real key to proper customer service.  Most customers with a problem don't want to get there way so much as they want to 1) know someone is listening, and 2) know someone respects them.  And it really doesn't take that much to convey that.  

22 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I actively avoid talking to anyone at Home Depot.  In fact, my local Home Depot is so persistently chaotic I usually end up restocking shelves myself to find what I need.

Last time I asked for anything there, it was some joist hangers.  They had 8 on the floor, I needed 20, I asked if they had any more in stock anywhere.  Guy checks the computer, computer said, including the eight I had in my hands, that they had negative 36 in stock.  I drove 15 more miles to the nearest Lowes instead.    

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/19/2018 at 10:18 AM, Cripple Creek said:

Went into a Field & Stream recently to purchase an item that was significantly cheaper on Amazon. I was ready for a fight, but they matched the price without even confirming that it was the same item (it was) at the price I quoted (it was). It’s rare to be believed and I found that refreshing.

had an issue w a grocery store lately and they dropped the ball at the store. I got a call from the DM and we talked for probably 30 minutes. He gave me time to say my piece, didn’t offer excuses and provided thoughtful answers. He offered me a GC at the end of the call & I thanked him but declined the offer. I just needed to “be heard” and that is something that most today won’t allow.

Snowflake...   

Million young (well in your case old) poets
Screamin' out their words 
To a world full of people
Just livin' to be heard

?

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, apuszczalowski said:

My friends mom was a manager at one of the other stores and she would get people all the time coming in to complain about things just cause they knew of they did, and threatened to go to head office, would get free things (like complaining a chicken sandwich wasnt cooked, but when asked to see it said they couldn't cause they ate it already)

I was at a sit down restaurant a few years ago. Overheard another customer complaining about her food to the manager. Manager says something about taking care of it. After she walks away, I overhear the customer tell her son "If you complain, you get stuff for free". I did inform the manager of what I heard, but I think at that point she didn't care.