2018-2019 NBA Thread

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

See you in a year KL

THANK GOD we did not trade Ingram and Hart....now KL can play alongside them along with Labron in a year.

Ingram and Hart stink 

Someone needs to teach Ingram about food.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Ingram and Hart stink 

Cool story sir

Except they dont.....Hart was already good BEFORE he won the Summer League MVP and played like a lottery pick last year.

Ingram....I think he is going to end up being an all star.....my question now is because he and KL play the same position is do the lakers want to hang onto him to find out or do they want to trade him so they can keep KL going to the clippers from happening.

I guess I am good with either......but my perfect scenario is keeping all the young talent we have accumulated from years of badness and adding KL to the team.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Cool story sir

Except they dont.....Hart was already good BEFORE he won the Summer League MVP and played like a lottery pick last year.

Ingram....I think he is going to end up being an all star.....my question now is because he and KL play the same position is do the lakers want to hang onto him to find out or do they want to trade him so they can keep KL going to the clippers from happening.

I guess I am good with either......but my perfect scenario is keeping all the young talent we have accumulated from years of badness and adding KL to the team.

Summer league mvp = the key to irrelevancy

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Cool story sir

You fall so hard John.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

thanks for the reminder of noobie fans who insist that someone is gonna dominate the NBA based on 2 epic dunks in the Summer Leagues...

Not sure if you are referring to me and Josh Hart......

Been a lakers fan for as long as a bills fan....which means more then some of you have actually lived.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Not sure if you are referring to me and Josh Hart......

Been a lakers fan for as long as a bills fan....which means more then some of you have actually lived.

no, i didn't know you specifically even existed when i typed that in, more of a general observation from hearing, for example, last year that Dennis Smith was a no-brainer MVP winner heading into the season based on his dunking power.

i welcome you fully to chat with about hoops on here, never enough good fans, I'm in Toronto but can't bother watching the team here, usually watch West games on tape delay

i go back to 1973 for sports addictions, the gold standard would be the 1977 and 1978 seasons for all sports to me....

27 minutes ago, row_33 said:

no, i didn't know you specifically even existed when i typed that in, more of a general observation from hearing, for example, last year that Dennis Smith was a no-brainer MVP winner heading into the season based on his dunking power.

i welcome you fully to chat with about hoops on here, never enough good fans, I'm in Toronto but can't bother watching the team here, usually watch West games on tape delay

i go back to 1973 for sports addictions, the gold standard would be the 1977 and 1978 seasons for all sports to me....

Got it tx Row

This years Summer League MVP was Josh Hart....he is good at finishing around the rim but would not call him a power dunker per say

He was not just good in Summer League he was also good in the regular rotation for the lakers last year....and many believe that by the end of the year he had surpassed the starter Caldwell Pope

How do you feel about KL going to Toronto?   Most feel that he will only be there for the year.

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Got it tx Row

This years Summer League MVP was Josh Hart....he is good at finishing around the rim but would not call him a power dunker per say

He was not just good in Summer League he was also good in the regular rotation for the lakers last year....and many believe that by the end of the year he had surpassed the starter Caldwell Pope

How do you feel about KL going to Toronto?   Most feel that he will only be there for the year.

thanks!!

it's good to watch Summer League during a day off to veg, but i won't let my heart and brain be moved by greatness out there

DeRozan isn't a leader, he has done what he can and it's not good enough for winning "it all", i didn't care much for him, he didn't make anyone better on the court, he just chipped in 20 without influence each night

Kawhi is hopefully going to want to play here

trouble is they will hype the Raptors winning 50 or so easily, when it's not really a top team overall in the NBA, this will be six(??) years running of a great regular season and a total flop in the playoffs.... 

• 1 month later...

Big fun watching Toronto go 53-29 this year while nobody wants to be here or feels like giving more than minimal effort....

can't hlame Butler for wanting out, playing for a coach deemed a super genius (when he really hasn’t done a damn thing to deserve it) must suck