2018-2019 NBA Thread

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s coming. I’ve said for years on here what a disaster that crew is. They are totally incompetent. They landed Drew Brees, Payton and Benson went senile at the same time. They are as inept a grip as there is but have won despite it.  Having worked in sports for some time and knowing a zillion people that work for them it’s kind of sad (but inevitable). 

They will I’ll get an elite package in return it still... It is going to be something like Kuzna, Lonzo, Ingram and a 1st or Tatum, Smart, Horford and a 1st (or something like that). It will be the biggest return a team has ever received but you can’t trade generational players for future All-Stars but that’s what will happen.

I’m kidding about the Celtics.. I do think he’s headed to LA. Lebron has been all over him. Too bad for the Pelicans that they couldn’t make this work! He’s the guy you build a team around. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m kidding about the Celtics.. I do think he’s headed to LA. Lebron has been all over him. Too bad for the Pelicans that they couldn’t make this work! He’s the guy you build a team around. 

It’s their own fault. They will need to win a round to keep him. They will try (which could end up even worse). They may add someone like Beal this year to try to make a run. It will cost them something like Niko and a 1st. If it doesn’t work they’ll trade AD for something like that Lakers package. As bad as it will be you could start next year with a worse core than Lonzo, Holiday, Beal, Ingram, Randle, and Kuzma. They’ll need some size but that’s a nice young team. It still won’t matter though. That’s like being Denver. You can’t win with a bunch of fringe all-stars. You win with MVP candidates.  

• Like (+1) 1

The NBA is hurting itself, teams used to play three different types of defense in the course of a season. 

Regular season defense 

All Star Game Defense

Playoff defense

This season it looks like regular season and All Star game are now combined. 130’s in regulation, oh come on, put a hand up, move your feet!

16 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

The NBA is hurting itself, teams used to play three different types of defense in the course of a season. 

Regular season defense 

All Star Game Defense

Playoff defense

This season it looks like regular season and All Star game are now combined. 130’s in regulation, oh come on, put a hand up, move your feet!

back the 1980s again

the whole regular season is a joke

the only question is who is going to sit out to "rest" the night you spend over $200 on tickets to go to a game

must be tough playing a third game in a week in the NBA

i tape three games and see the starting lineup and then decide what single game to watch

On 1/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s their own fault. They will need to win a round to keep him. They will try (which could end up even worse). They may add someone like Beal this year to try to make a run. It will cost them something like Niko and a 1st. If it doesn’t work they’ll trade AD for something like that Lakers package. As bad as it will be you could start next year with a worse core than Lonzo, Holiday, Beal, Ingram, Randle, and Kuzma. They’ll need some size but that’s a nice young team. It still won’t matter though. That’s like being Denver. You can’t win with a bunch of fringe all-stars. You win with MVP candidates.  

Tatum has more potential than any of the Lakers youths, so I’d be on the phone with the C’s first.

11 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Is Luka Doncic the goat ? 

Im thinking yes.   

I’m dreaming of an all Euro squad, JJ Barea, Luka, Frank Nkitillina, KP, Jokic with TP off the bench.

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Lebron missing out on PG, Kawhi AND AD may cause him to retire a few years early.

It’s crazy but I think that it’s likely he misses on all 3. Maybe he can get Boogie, Kemba or Klay? It is either that or he is going to force the Lakers to start trading these young guys in a desperation move. Maybe Lonzo, Ingram and a 1st for Lillard? Maybe they try for Beal or (gasp) Wall?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s crazy but I think that it’s likely he misses on all 3. Maybe he can get Boogie, Kemba or Klay? It is either that or he is going to force the Lakers to start trading these young guys in a desperation move. Maybe Lonzo, Ingram and a 1st for Lillard? Maybe they try for Beal or (gasp) Wall?

AD I think was the best fit. Lebron needed a player that wears down the interior D, and a guy that will win 1-1’s down low while he stands there or is off the floor. Anyone else is settling.

He will panick and jettison Ball and Ingram before long. Incredible that they were considered to be a fair Kawhi package not too long ago.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

AD I think was the best fit. Lebron needed a player that wears down the interior D, and a guy that will win 1-1’s down low while he stands there or is off the floor. Anyone else is settling.

He will panick and jettison Ball and Ingram before long. Incredible that they were considered to be a fair Kawhi package not too long ago.

AD would instantly be the best player LeBron has ever played with (including Wade in his prime). They just don’t have the chips to get it done IMO. Their best hope is that the Celtics think the asking price is too high and pulls out. Otherwise, it’s going to be exactly as you said. He will be all over Magic and Pelinka to start sending those young guys off for vets (most likely ends up being bad contracts). He then has a 3-year window to try to win another one.

The one wild card in all of this is KD. KD is a different dude. I could see him walking away from GS. I don’t think it’s likely but possible.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

AD would instantly be the best player LeBron has ever played with (including Wade in his prime). They just don’t have the chips to get it done IMO. Their best hope is that the Celtics think the asking price is too high and pulls out. Otherwise, it’s going to be exactly as you said. He will be all over Magic and Pelinka to start sending those young guys off for vets (most likely ends up being bad contracts). He then has a 3-year window to try to win another one.

The one wild card in all of this is KD. KD is a different dude. I could see him walking away from GS. I don’t think it’s likely but possible.

I would love to see KD leave the West entirely.  Warriors, Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets would be a fun top 4 next season.  If KD joined, say, the Knicks (please), and we had Raptors, C's, Knicks, and Pacers in the East?  Lots of potential contenders.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I would love to see KD leave the West entirely.  Warriors, Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets would be a fun top 4 next season.  If KD joined, say, the Knicks (please), and we had Raptors, C's, Knicks, and Pacers in the East?  Lots of potential contenders.

KD heading to the Knicks would make the East a lot more interesting especially if AD goes to the Celtics. The East would have AD, KD, Giannis and Kawhi. When was the last time 4 MVP caliber players were in the East?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not even close as you note.  AD is so freaking special.  

AD to the Celtics is a no-go until Kyrie opts out in the offseason so this is the only window the Lakers could offer a package that might tempt NO.  If it goes to the offseason, I can't see the Lakers offering close to what Boston could do.  

I think he's gone.  The Warriors are Steph's team and will always be.  The Clippers are a serious contender if he stays in the West.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, stony said:

Not even close as you note.  AD is so freaking special.  

AD to the Celtics is a no-go until Kyrie opts out in the offseason so this is the only window the Lakers could offer a package that might tempt NO.  If it goes to the offseason, I can't see the Lakers offering close to what Boston could do.  

I think he's gone.  The Warriors are Steph's team and will always be.  The Clippers are a serious contender if he stays in the West.

Some interesting thoughts stony!! If KD went to the Clips that Clippers/Lakers dynamic would be nuts.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Celtics can’t trade for him until July because of Kyrie/the Rose Rule

i think this is AD’s agent just getting him to the Lakers. Isn’t rich Paul lebron’s agent too?

Rich Paul met Lebron while selling jerseys out of his trunk. Lebron hired him as a “personal assistant”, as their relationship grew he became his agent. He is now a power player in the NBA. 

I dont like Lebron but he takes care of those around him. Paul’s original salary was 50k, I’m sure he is making bank now.