Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

55 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not the “rest of us were wrong” 

some of you were wrong.  

From the Ravens app 

Allen may eventually be the starter in Buffalo this season, but the Bills are avoiding having a rookie make his first career start in M&T Bank Stadium.

Per ESPN, the Ravens are 14-2 against rookie quarterbacks at home. Under Head Coach John Harbaugh, Baltimore has allowed four touchdowns to rookie signal-callers at M&T Bank Stadium while forcing 13 interceptions in 10 games.

The Bears' Mitchell Trubisky won in his first NFL road start in Baltimore last year, though he went 8-of-16 for 113 yards and a touchdown and fumbled twice.

No pre excuse just sharing what I read

Stop being such a weeny, Shady.

The OP gets credit for his prediction.

You're one of those posters who always walks a fine line saying nothing of substance and then riding on the coattails of others claiming you knew it all along.

You didn't make the prediction. You didn't make a prediction.

58 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

...if we're going to go by numbers the only place that had a poll from the start of preseason indicated most people thought McCarron would start next was Allen then Peterman so most of us seemed to of been wrong.

23% of the 479 people on this board who voted even as of 3 days ago thought Peterman would start.

That means 77% of the board was wrong.

On May 21, 2018 at 6:16 PM, BurpleBull said:

Nathan Peterman will win the starting QB position barring injury. He'll be much improved from last season.

Excited about Josh Allen as the starting QB, but Peterman is the guy people aren't talking about right now who will have everyone talking by the end of training camp.

He's worked on his mechanics, is said to have added velocity to his throws, has a lot to prove and is no stranger to struggling early in his career and picking himself up.

A little talked about fact concerning Peterman is that he's right up there with Allen as Bills QB's who've scored high on the Wonderlic test for those who equate the test to mental sharpness.

I still hold to the belief that Peterman was at the very least a third round prospect in his draft class.

Peterman will be the guy.

So this is how I have it panning out... 

1. Peterman

2. McCarron

3. Allen

With Allen at three for his protection as he starts out his young career.

Good call, Burple.  Congrats.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Soooo... over/under at 6.5??? :blink:

From preseason where he's had a couple close calls with limited time I'd say that 2.5 is around a safe place to guess.

But things are different in the regular season and from what people have said here it seems his weakness might be worse in it. That being said he's got to know his problem and Daboll has to know it too. So it depends if they can clamp down on it he might keep his number low but if not it could be really terrible.

10 hours ago, mannc said:

Then why did Wawrow just report that one of the reasons McCarron was traded was to give Allen more practice reps?

10 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

When? After he hurt his shoulder?  That's obvious...

Graham: For clarity, if not for the Raiders, you would have kept McCarron.

Beane: Yes, and if not for the Raiders giving what they gave, we would be talking right now, and I’d be telling you how great it was to still have AJ McCarron here. He did nothing wrong.

Tim Graham: There’s a belief out there by some that the fourth preseason game was a showcase for a McCarron trade.

Beane: That’s not it. We were narrowing down where we were. If he had played in that third game, then someone else would have helped him in that fourth game. It was not a showcase. It was probably, going into that game, leaning toward him being the [third-stringer on the 53-man roster]. We had most of our ones and most of the twos out, but it was not determined at that point for sure where we were. That’s the tough part of the business and definitely not easy for him or for us.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Only if you picked Josh or AJ.  

5% is the chances Trans gave Nate.  

5%.  Only a select group thought that.

At the start of the season I thought AJ but as time went on and games played my vote went to Nate based on his effectiveness with the 1’s 2’s and 3’s. 

Shady... is it just that you're in love with me?

It must be. This is borderline obsession.

Okay...

867-5309 :wub:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 5/21/2018 at 6:58 PM, keepthefaith said:

It'll be tough for Nate to beat AJ for the starting job unless AJ gets hurt IMO, but I do think Nate will be a starter in the league at some point in his career, not likely in Buffalo though.  Obviously the SD game last year will be hard to overcome in the minds of many including the coaches.  He'll have to have some period of sustained improvement before people will have confidence in him and if you don't play it's hard to demonstrate that, but I think he'll get his chance somewhere at some point. 

Josh waiting a year is not a bad thing. 

On 5/21/2018 at 8:58 PM, Steptide said:

I've stated here many times that I'm a Peterman fan. While I dont know if he's ready to be the starter, I do think he's gonna impress people this year. He's the only qb we have that has any experience with our current offense. McCarron might be good, he also might be terrible. As crazy as it sounds, Peterman is the most proven qb we have on our roster currently. Yes, 5 interceptions I know, but let's let by gones be by gones. Either way, I just want the best qb starting 

On 5/21/2018 at 9:21 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

I think that there's a very solid chance that Peterman is better than McCarron.

On 5/21/2018 at 9:29 PM, Logic said:

I agree with Burple. 

Peterman is the surprise of camp and wins the job outright.

Just as his first college start was a disaster and he came back to become a good player for Pitt, so too will he come back from his disastrous first NFL start and become a quality NFL quarterback.

So it is written, so it shall be. 

On 5/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, Wily Dog said:

I cannot believe the narrow mindless of some Bills fans and i say fans with some disbelief. The TRUE Bills fan would want Peterman ,McCarron and Allen to  in a  contest for the starting job whereby there is a high level of progress for each one  and the coaches have trouble determining who is going to start. That said , i believe Peterman , if he beats out McCarron,, will start game one and McCarron will be traded. Allen will come in when he is ready..

On 5/21/2018 at 11:00 PM, Lfod said:

Honestly I would want Peterman to beat AJ because Buffalo is Petermans birthplace into the NFL. I just won't say it out loud often. He might be a bust but he's our bust dammit. 

On 5/23/2018 at 7:30 PM, billsredneck1 said:

He wouldn't last 5min. On the p.s. they need to keep 3spots this year.

His  ball placement is outstanding.imo

On 5/31/2018 at 9:51 AM, JohnC said:

If Peterman turns out to be bad as many believe then it will play out that way. It's not going to take long to see where the chips fall. I have no criticism for those who don't believe that Peterman is going to make it in this league. I believe that he can be a functional backup in this league. Where I disagree with the critics is that because the rookie was overwhelmed in a game in his rookie year that he should be dismissed as a player. There may be a backup role for him or they may not. I'm willing to give him the opportunity to demonstrate what he is capable of. If he surprises the critics and becomes a backup for the Bills or another team then he will have done well for himself.

With respect to Tyrod it won't take long before the Tyrod of Buffalo will become evident in Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mayfield on the field sooner than you think. In my mind Rosen was the most pro ready qb and Mayfield was the next ready. When the Cleveland coaches see Taylor missing passes and Mayfield hitting passes in practice they will quickly alter their preconceived plans. 

On 6/15/2018 at 6:29 PM, McNubbins said:

I actually think people are sleeping on Peterman.  This is entirely possible.

HOWEVER...if this was a part of the process why trade up to get Allen?  Or did he miraculously get significantly better during the offseason unbeknownst to McBeane?

On 7/28/2018 at 4:47 AM, BullBuchanan said:

I agree with you @BurpleBull I think this kid is going to rise to the top. I love the tenacity that he plays the game with, and the staff may view McCarron as too safe, coming off of Tyrod.I could see Peterman leading us back to the playoffs if he makes a couple plays a game.

On 8/11/2018 at 7:05 PM, fridge said:

I can honestly say that I've never once seen anyone bring up throw velocity in a serious QB argument until this thread.  Nathan Peterman has an NFL arm. It's on the lower spectrum, sure, but it's good enough or he wouldn't be here.

As long as he focuses on his strengths, like pre-snap reads and getting the ball out quickly, he'll do just fine.  It does seem like some Bills fans are genuinely rooting against him or at the very least cannot get past their confirmation bias.

Right now, all three QB's should give you hope.  For the first time in many years, there's not a QB like Yates, Kolb, Cassell, etc. in our camp.

Nathan-Peterman-gif.gif

On 8/26/2018 at 11:40 PM, major said:

Time to admit I was wrong- for all my peterman jabs over the past few months. He deserves to start week one and I hope he does well the entire season 

On 8/27/2018 at 9:03 AM, DJB said:

Nice call op. You likely nailed it!

13 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Nailed it.      

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Impressive prediction! 

13 hours ago, MJS said:

I think I remember disagreeing with the OP back in the day.

I was wrong. You were right. Good job.

13 hours ago, crack said:

great call!

12 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Congrats to the OP for his prediction and for winning his bet which I would have thought was about a 25/1 shot at the time..

Hopefully now that the decision is made we can all move positively forward..

12 hours ago, McBean said:

Nice call.

12 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Strong call Burple!??

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Credit to @BurpleBull for sticking with his prediction well before most fans thought there was a realistic chance. When McDermott said it was an open competition, I'm not sure why so many posters thought he was lying.

9 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Nice call OP. 

I was giving you 5-1 on the first page, did you ever end up taking those odds? :)

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9602869

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Congrats to BurpleBill - NAILED IT!!

8 hours ago, QCity said:

Two kinds of people in this thread:

1) BurpleBull

2) Those that are wrong. Dead wrong.

Take your victory lap.

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

You were right Burple!

eating crow.png

7 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Kudos to Burple for laying it all out .  Hopefully Peterman does justice to the starting nod .

6 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Got to give major props to BurpleBill. Congrats.

I hope NP plays well and wins some games. 

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

Burple should get some kind of award, he called this back in May. Congrats B.B. 

Give the man his due

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'll give him cheers also for keeping his retorts civil, and friendly. There were some pretty interesting debates on this thread, and I will say that I learned a few things. These threads, where actual football is discussed, are the reason I frequent this site.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Good call, Burple.  Congrats.

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

you got it right all along Burple, and I learned about the drink.

congratulations?

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Congrats to @BurpleBull on his bold prediction. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Shady... is it just that you're in love with me?

It must be. This is borderline obsession.

Okay...

867-5309 :wub:

Transplantbillsfan is Jenny?  And only costs a dime?

2 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

(reposts a bunch of congratulatory back-pats)

You surely deserve a nod, but don't pat yourself on the back too hard lest you break an arm.  Kind of ruins the spirit as well.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Transplantbillsfan is Jenny?  And only costs a dime?

You surely deserve a nod, but don't pat yourself on the back too hard lest you break an arm.  Kind of ruins the spirit as well.

I don't think it's me patting myself on the back as much as it is me giving props to some of the other posters who made calls on Peterman and acknowledging those who congratulated me. 

It's been a long summer, a fun summer, but I'm thinking it's time to bring the thread to an end and look forward to Sunday. 

Don't know if it would be too an abrupt an ending, but if the Peterman supporters find it fit...

You can do the honors.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BurpleBull said:

I don't think it's me patting myself on the back as much as it is me giving props to some of the other posters who made calls on Peterman and acknowledging those who congratulated me. 

Fair enough.  You do deserve it.  You called it - congrats.

Just now, BurpleBull said:

It's been a long summer, a fun summer, but I'm thinking it's time to bring the thread to an end and look forward to Sunday. 

Don't know if it would be too an abrupt an ending, but if the Peterman supporters find it fit...

You can do the honors.

As you wish!