Skynyrd vs. Young

RaoulDuke79

Skynyrd vs. Young  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which camp are you in?

Never got into LS, guess I was too spoiled listening to the Allmans back then. Do like the first Outlaws album quite a bit though as far as southern rock goes.

So, easily Neil Young for me... plus there is all of the Buffalo Springfield material too.

Autumn, for me, is Neil Young’s season.  I love a lot of Neil, but the On The Beach record (my personal favorite of his) always gets played a bunch in the fall.

i got nothin’ against Skynyrd, but I like Neil Young better.  So many great memorable songs.

Also, in defense of Les Pauls, they’re a fine guitar.  In fact Neil’s favorite electric, “Old Black,” is a ‘53 Les Paul.

Edited by Cugalabanza
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Autumn, for me, is Neil Young’s season.  I love a lot of Neil, but the On The Beach record (my god resonated favorite of his) always gets played a bunch in the fall.

i got nothin’ against Skynyrd, but I like Neil Young better.  So many great memorable songs.

Also, in defense of Les Pauls, they’re a fine guitar.  In fact Neil’s favorite electric, “Old Black,” is a ‘53 Les Paul.

I take it you are in this group too... https://www.facebook.com/hippiesofthe60sandbeyond/?hc_ref=ARQ5VvdYwDtdff3hPGvav7_wCidHqqqugU1-M_bO3nxZGj9h3CvTsUFuA9aTeyCwNts&fref=nf

2 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Haha, no, I wasn’t aware.  I’m not on face book.  But may they fly on, fly on little wing.

Actual name of the group is 
Not Necessarily Stoned, but Beautiful: Hippies of the 60s and Beyond

Amazing some of the pics, concert artwork, etc they have on there. Don't know where he/they get it but I see new stuff all of the time.

10 minutes ago, T&C said:

Never got into LS, guess I was too spoiled listening to the Allmans back then. Do like the first Outlaws album quite a bit though as far as southern rock goes.

So, easily Neil Young for me... plus there is all of the Buffalo Springfield material too.

Some of the Stills and Young stuff later on during the CSNY years was magic.  So different, but so complimentary.  

2 minutes ago, stony said:

Some of the Stills and Young stuff later on during the CSNY years was magic.  So different, but so complimentary.  

No doubt. Really like Stills stuff too, another long catalog of music.

55 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Autumn, for me, is Neil Young’s season.  I love a lot of Neil, but the On The Beach record (my personal favorite of his) always gets played a bunch in the fall.

My fav Neil has changed over the years, but for the past 8 years or so, mine has also been On The Beach, especially the title track.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:06 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

The boys buried the hatchet in the classiest of ways with Neil wearing a Skynard tee-shirt and Ronnie Van Zandt responding with one of Neil's concert T's.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Rumor has it, Ronnie was burred in that shirt. As far as the "rivalry" goes, they were both right in a sense. You're a fool if you deny that there was heavy racism in the South, especially at the time. All Ronnie was saying in Sweet Home Alabama, was that there was much more to the South than just racism, and not to paint that part of the country with such a broad brush.

I'm happy to tip the scale to Neil, even if only momentarily

I used to dislike his voice a long time ago.  But then again I also once disliked the taste of beer!  I saw him rock a whole bunch of shows over the years, but it became especially clear when I started picking up the guitar.  Neil Young songs are some of the best to play when first learning because they are familiar and often use simple open chords with just one little hook somewhere that you need to learn, and will make you a better player

Highly recommend Neil if you like his songs and are also thinking about learning to play an acoustic guitar   use hyperrust.org for tabs

• Like (+1) 3