Kelvin Benjamin looking good ... where does he rank among AFCE WRs?

Best WR in AFC East  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Who is best WR in AFC East?

• Kelvin Benjamin, Bills
    • Julian Edelman, Pats
    • Danny Amendola, Fish
    • Terrell Pryor, Jets
    • Robby Anderson, Jets
    • Jermaine Kearse, Jets
    • Chris Hogan, Pats
    • Kenny Stills, Fish
    • Other

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

He has a good 5 inches and 40 pounds on most corners, they are coming in low, same as Gronkowski. Sure, he isn’t as agile as smaller WRS and that only hurts his chances of staying healthy.

He runs higher than other WR's his size.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I say Edelman because he has the production and has made some big time plays. At the same token Brady has made many a WR rich in the NFL. Benjamin has the potential to be the best WR in the AFC East, but we have to see him stay healthy and put it all together on the field. 

What I find interesting is the trends of fans complaints

This year the trend seems to be "our guys dont run 4.3's so they are not fast enough"

It was not that long ago that the trend was "we have a WR core full of smurfs....nobody with any size"

Now we have several players that run 4.4 and a HUGE WR in KB........but it is a cast of no names

When healthy, both Edelman & Benjamin are pretty even, although they offer completely different skill sets.

If Brandin Cooks was was still in the AFCE, I'd throw him a notch above both, but I think it's a tossup between Edleman & Benjamin. 

However, when it comes to consistency & making clutch plays, I'd take Edelman. It's not always the big TD or 50 yard bomb that makes the difference in the game, but picking up those small first downs in crucial moments, or being able to elude one tackle and eek out that extra yard that can change a game. Edelman does that every game, while Benjamin is more like Watkins & disappears for stretches at a time.

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What I find interesting is the trends of fans complaints

This year the trend seems to be "our guys dont run 4.3's so they are not fast enough"

It was not that long ago that the trend was "we have a WR core full of smurfs....nobody with any size"

Now we have several players that run 4.4 and a HUGE WR in KB........but it is a cast of no names

Kolby Listenbee didn’t teach you anything John? For months you said he would make a difference and the guy never even made it on the field. Albeit for different reasons but speed by itself means nothing, it never did and it never will. 

That’s why a guy like Goodwin had potential when healthy, he could get off the line and get into his route. Kerley and Benjamin are the only proven guys and neither of them are speed demons. 

Heres to hoping one of the young guys continues to impress during TC and then into the season.

4.4/4.3 means nothing 

42 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Kolby Listenbee didn’t teach you anything John? For months you said he would make a difference and the guy never even made it on the field. Albeit for different reasons but speed by itself means nothing, it never did and it never will. 

That’s why a guy like Goodwin had potential when healthy, he could get off the line and get into his route. Kerley and Benjamin are the only proven guys and neither of them are speed demons. 

Heres to hoping one of the young guys continues to impress during TC and then into the season.

4.4/4.3 means nothing 

We will never know what Kolbe could have been to the team because we never got to see it.....the "idea" of his speed was enticing.

I agree that Kerley and Benjamin are the only two known quantities at this point.

In a way this is what is making this offseason exciting......the thought that some of these no name guys might actually have something to offer.

And dont dismiss streeter.....I watched him as a Raider and he does make plays

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

When healthy, both Edelman & Benjamin are pretty even, although they offer completely different skill sets.

If Brandin Cooks was was still in the AFCE, I'd throw him a notch above both, but I think it's a tossup between Edleman & Benjamin. 

However, when it comes to consistency & making clutch plays, I'd take Edelman. It's not always the big TD or 50 yard bomb that makes the difference in the game, but picking up those small first downs in crucial moments, or being able to elude one tackle and eek out that extra yard that can change a game. Edelman does that every game, while Benjamin is more like Watkins & disappears for stretches at a time.

funny most sites have Edelman and Benjamin ranked between 35-39 best wr.  Not a lot of star wr's in the afce....

15 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just hope he pulls in  a few TD’s this year ..they are paying him $8 mil..

Whilst that isn’t going to break any League WR payment records, it’s quite a lot next to most of his team mates..

why wouldn't he ? Honestly. If you look back at all the factors of last season as a Bill , it was highly unlikely he could have much success besides being a red zone threat.
Playbook, injuries , Tyrod * , injuries.

gets a mulligan for sure.
Nice to see some good reports coming out !
Keep in mind where he was drafted, and his impressive physical presence. Look at his first season maybe ?
 Lets hold out some hope for him.

Thinks he is a solid two. and could be for some time because he can line up anywhere for a mismatch.

Health and developing the skills to keep those knees from harm are his keys to the game.

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

why wouldn't he ? Honestly. If you look back at all the factors of last season as a Bill , it was highly unlikely he could have much success besides being a red zone threat.
Playbook, injuries , Tyrod * , injuries.

gets a mulligan for sure.
Nice to see some good reports coming out !
Keep in mind where he was drafted, and his impressive physical presence. Look at his first season maybe ?
 Lets hold out some hope for him.

Thinks he is a solid two. and could be for some time because he can line up anywhere for a mismatch.

Health and developing the skills to keep those knees from harm are his keys to the game.

I am hoping KB is just that.....a solid 2

And then hoping one or two of these young guys looks like a 2a.

Just enough to keep ups going until next year's big cap and free agency to find that 1

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It is...I still consider him a #1 WR but he's not in the upper half IMO.

When I think of #1, the upper echelon, these guys are difference makers and big time playmakers like an Antonio Brown, OBJ, Julio Jones etc....those are tier 1 guys.

I think Benjamin is a tier 2 #1.

Fair statement. 

As of right now , i think his only advantages are size and strength. He does "get" the ball when contended.
all about the matchup. 

expecting Daboll and Co. to develop his route skills. such as break and separation ( could improve his method ala playoff game ) get lean and get some speed back.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

4.4/4.3 means nothing 

Streater ?

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just enough to keep ups going until next year's big cap and free agency to find that 1

if Bills could put 2+ and a two and 2 3s i would be delighted for now.
Lest us not discount Kerley. I feel he is a solid pickup for this Offense. Not because i know Brians Off.

Just because i think they had eyes on him all along as a fit and were pleased to score him.
Seeing a stocked PS as long as it does not get poached. UDFA Bills WRs FTW !

Cam Newton loved Kelvin Benjamin and says he was their number one receiver at 1:15:

AFAIC, he is the top WR in the NFL, better than AB, better than Julio. Josh or AJ are so lucky to have him. Combined with Zay, those two will be unstoppable.

Edited by mileena

23 minutes ago, Bills Wilk said:

Never heard of Robby Anderson

He was a udfa out of Temple, he was second year guy last year who became their #1 wr. He’s fast and a good player. Beat Tre white on a TD on TNF I believe. He’s kind of a headcase type. Maybe why he wasn’t drafted 

21 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

). It just shows how dependent the receiver position is. Edleman might not be in the nfl if he didn’t land with the Pats. Now, he might be the “best” receiver in the division

Edelman has a ton of talent, don't discount that because he plays for the Pats.

I think it's more about chemistry with a quarterback. Tyrod had chemistry with Watkins, would never have liked a guy like Benjamin. Wilson has really never used Graham to the max. He wants his guys OPEN. Not "I'm not open but I'm running and I promise I'll fight for the ball because that's my thing".

Then you have mccown who is a quarterback dependent to his receivers. Remember when they were going to bench Cutler because he was lobbing 50 TDs to Alshon Jeffrey? Or when he did the same with Terrell Pryor?

Then watch Kirk not gel with Pryor the year after. Cutler with Jeffrey.

35 minutes ago, Bills Wilk said:

Never heard of Robby Anderson

Dude just Google him

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

9 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Edelman has a ton of talent, don't discount that because he plays for the Pats.

I think it's more about chemistry with a quarterback. Tyrod had chemistry with Watkins, would never have liked a guy like Benjamin. Wilson has really never used Graham to the max. He wants his guys OPEN. Not "I'm not open but I'm running and I promise I'll fight for the ball because that's my thing".

Then you have mccown who is a quarterback dependent to his receivers. Remember when they were going to bench Cutler because he was lobbing 50 TDs to Alshon Jeffrey? Or when he did the same with Terrell Pryor?

Then watch Kirk not gel with Pryor the year after. Cutler with Jeffrey.

Dude just Google him before you out yourself as not knowing the best rookie WR season last year

He actually wasn’t a rookie last year, he was signed as a udfa in 2016.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He actually wasn’t a rookie last year, he was signed as a udfa in 2016.

Dangit I immediately edited that post!

I will say that mccown has a knack for being dependent on the receiver when others don't. It seems a few receivers best seasons (Jeffrey, Pryor, Anderson) are with mccown. Pretty remarkable.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Dangit I immediately edited that post!

I will say that mccown has a knack for being dependent on the receiver when others don't. It seems a few receivers best seasons (Jeffrey, Pryor, Anderson) are with mccown. Pretty remarkable.

Mccown is Fitz-like. Fitzy did that for Stevie, Brandon Marshall, even TO loved him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

...if 100% healthy, it's a realistic expectation especially in his contract year.....if he really excels, he could be your #1 next year with some of the $85 mil in FA bucks....