[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

Unless you're Tampa.  It's hard to believe that Buffalo was actually ahead of them about a month ago.

Please tell me just what on earth makes Tampa this good....

I don't watch them, I have no idea at all.

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Speed and skill.  They have a ton of both.

They are certainly loaded with talent. Because there are so many elite players it is going to be difficult keeping all of them because of the cap constraints. Their organization realizes that because they have that short window to keep their players together they are aggressively going for the Cup. Toronto is also another team that has accumulated a lot of top tier players who are entering their big contract years. So they will also be aggressive in going for the Cup before they have to juggle contracts and shed talented players. It's the natural cap cycle of accumulating good young players, then paying them at their rich value, and then when the window closes you where have to start the cycle again. Chicago is going through the change of being a young elite team and then becoming a mature elite team that starts to decline. 

The key to successful organizations is having a smart GM who knows how to manage that cycle. I believe we have a good GM who knows how to work within the cycle and deal with complexity of understanding the relationship between talent and contracts. Because of that understanding I don't see him dealing young assets/talent for a short term gain. He is an astute big picture guy.  We are fortunate to have him. 

friggen Islanders get one shot in the 3rd..yes one freaking shot..and its the game winner!

Hurricanes beating Tampa now 1-0.. a nice soul-crushing loss with a long trip back to Raleigh would be nice.

(edit) 2-1 now Tampa..just what we want!!!! 3 minutes left!

Think this comes down to Sabres and Habs

ROR great play on a 5-3 kill

Edited by plenzmd1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hurricanes beating Tampa now 1-0.. a nice soul-crushing loss with a long trip back to Raleigh would be nice.

(edit) 2-1 now Tampa..just what we want!!!! 3 minutes left!

Canes played very a good first two periods trying to win 6 in a row, then took a couple of penalties in the third and Tampa was Tampa.

i agree with you, I like that they played very hard and still lost going into tonight’s Sabres game. We will catch a tired, disappointed team. 

Okay fellas..game day! Man, this season is crazy..40 games to go and seems like every game is crucial! Chance to bury the Hurricanes today...and put a good chunk of distance between us and them, and also the Canadians. Gotta figure tomorrow a loss, so tonight is huge!!!!!!!

Going to first game there since that Sunday afternoon game back in Skinners rookie year..that OT affair when the two of these teams were fighting for last playoff spot! Went with BIL, a Canes fan..and lord did he hate me, my kids and all Sabres fans that day!!!!

They gave out posters or something of Skinner that day, he was super pissed when back at his house my son and I were using as targets with his .22

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Okay fellas..game day! Man, this season is crazy..40 games to go and seems like every game is crucial! Chance to bury the Hurricanes today...and put a good chunk of distance between us and them, and also the Canadians. Gotta figure tomorrow a loss, so tonight is huge!!!!!!!

Going to first game there since that Sunday afternoon game back in Skinners rookie year..that OT affair when the two of these teams were fighting for last playoff spot! Went with BIL, a Canes fan..and lord did he hate me, my kids and all Sabres fans that day!!!!

They gave out posters or something of Skinner that day, he was super pissed when back at his house my son and I were using as targets with his .22

The playoff quest is gong to the wire. If your nerves are jangled now you are going to be a neurotic mess as the season advances to its end. Try to be mellow and go with the turbulent flow. Don't get too excited when the inevitable up is up and the inevitable down is down. 

This message is offered in the spirit of keeping you stable and sane. You have a tendency to get zany when confronted with troubled waters. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The playoff quest is gong to the wire. If your nerves are jangled now you are going to be a neurotic mess as the season advances to its end. Try to be mellow and go with the turbulent flow. Don't get too excited when the inevitable up is up and the inevitable down is down. 

This message is offered in the spirit of keeping you stable and sane. You have a tendency to get zany when confronted with troubled waters. :)

@eball and @shrader are going to quite my nerves tonight by buying me beers..each has pledged one between periods!

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I bet Skinner gets a very warm welcome from the few Canes fans who will be in attendance tonight.  If he scores, I dare say the whole building will cheer.

42 minutes ago, eball said:

I bet Skinner gets a very warm welcome from the few Canes fans who will be in attendance tonight.  If he scores, I dare say the whole building will cheer.

If five people cheer, does it make a sound?

• Haha (+1) 1

Let's be loud tonight!  Dad (me) and the three F boys have had this one marked on the calendar for a while.  We have an 11 game Canes package but this will be my first game of the year due to travel.  We need a W.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

If five people cheer, does it make a sound?

What do you call a Sabres Game in Raleigh?  A home game for the Sabres....