[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Made the “I hate starting the period with a powerplay” comment to the wife. Should do that more often 

Is that because the power play gets split up and they have to set up twice? 

39 minutes ago, bbb said:

Is that because the power play gets split up and they have to set up twice? 

They never feel like they have any continuity or momentum to them. The defense is completely fresh. And the center ice faceoff always feels weird to me. 

3 hours ago, shrader said:

They never feel like they have any continuity or momentum to them. The defense is completely fresh. And the center ice faceoff always feels weird to me. 

I always thought about the momentum breaking of it........I didn't even think about the defense and the faceoff, but now I will like them even less when I think about that!

12 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I'll find the Meetup site. It'll be easy to find me:. Big dude in blue throwback style hoodie with zubaz on and a blonde half his size in a navy sabres hoodie. 

Sorry, you’ll have to be way more specific than that to stand out in that crowd.

42 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Sorry, you’ll have to be way more specific than that to stand out in that crowd.

I was the only one wearing zubaz in that place. 

"Are those pajamas?  I really like them" walking in w ticket taker

" Oh, I don't need to see your ticket.  I remember the pants" while returning to my seat

"Those pants, where did you get them. They look comfortable and thin" says employee who starts feelings them. 

"Those are awesome."

"Nice pants" she didn't follow up with wanna *****, tho.

Seriously, it was funny. 

@shradereasily found me because of the pants. And then critiqued me for leaving my girlfriend in tbe dust going down the stairs.  I just like stairs. Good footwork drill. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Three fluke goals for Carolina. That's hockey! We just don't have enough collective scoring within the lines to  compensate for bad luck. I don't see that situation changing this season. That's the reality. The playoff chase is going down to the wire. This loss was a crusher because of the failure to take advantage of a less or equally talented team and cushion us when we face the challenges of going against the big boys. 

We need to keep the Eichel-Skinner-Reinhart line in tact. 

The big question is whether Plenzmd can handle the vicissitudes of a season and season-long playoff chase? He is usually almost normal but when stressed with hockey disappointments he becomes insanely frantic. Chill pills when used judiciously can be effective!  :)

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I was the only one wearing zubaz in that place. 

"Are those pajamas?  I really like them" walking in w ticket taker

" Oh, I don't need to see your ticket.  I remember the pants" while returning to my seat

"Those pants, where did you get them. They look comfortable and thin" says employee who starts feelings them. 

"Those are awesome."

"Nice pants" she didn't follow up with wanna *****, tho.

Seriously, it was funny. 

@shradereasily found me because of the pants. And then critiqued me for leaving my girlfriend in tbe dust going down the stairs.  I just like stairs. Good footwork drill. 

Is this the close up?

zubaz_ful.jpg&f=1

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Three fluke goals for Carolina. That's hockey! We just don't have enough collective scoring within the lines to  compensate for bad luck. I don't see that situation changing this season. That's the reality. The playoff chase is going down to the wire. This loss was a crusher because of the failure to take advantage of a less or equally talented team and cushion us when we face the challenges of going against the big boys. 

The big question is whether Plenzmd can handle the vicissitudes of a season and season-long playoff chase? He is usually almost normal but when stressed with hockey disappointments he becomes insanely frantic. Chill pills when used judiciously can be effective!  :)

Here’s the thing, Ulmark  needs to be the number one. End of story! It is plain and simple the Sabres win when he’s in goal, they lose when Hutton plays. 

By the way, the bar a block from the arena was Buffalo south after the game last night.

Tons of fun, I had a great seat where I could stand the whole game.,In the bar afterwards till about 1 AM was just Kickin

• Like (+1) 1

I read somewhere that since the 10 game win streak, the Sabres have played at a low 70 point clip. That just plain sucks and isn’t good enough. Keep that up and nothing is going down to the wire. We will be joining Philly as the only team in history to miss the playoffs after having a 10 game win streak. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Here’s the thing, Ulmark  needs to be the number one. End of story! It is plain and simple the Sabres win when he’s in goal, they lose when Hutton plays. 

By the way, the bar a block from the arena was Buffalo south after the game last night.

Tons of fun, I had a great seat where I could stand the whole game.,In the bar afterwards till about 1 AM was just Kickin

I won’t go as far as making him the #1, but Ullmark definitely needs to be given a bigger share of the workload than he’s currently getting. Hutton consistently gives up those fluke goals because he loses the puck when it’s behind the net. At this point, I don’t think that’s going to change with him. You better believe that the other teams are well aware of it. I understand that they want to slowly build Ullmark up, but we’ve reached the point of needing him to take his next step.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The difference between the play of Hutton and Ullmark isn't performance. It's just that the team seems to score more when Ullmark is playing. Maybe Hutton is jinxed with those fluky goals? Both seem to play equally well. The goaltending this year has been the most consistent part of the Sabre games. 

I'm glad that you had a good time in Carolina. At least this year there is some meaning and more entertainment in the games. By the way did you buy Boyz62 a beer or two? Were his pants so funky that you didn't want people to think that you were associating with him and his odd fashion habits? 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

The difference between the play of Hutton and Ullmark isn't performance. It's just that the team seems to score more when Ullmark is playing. Maybe Hutton is jinxed with those fluky goals? Both seem to play equally well. The goaltending this year has been the most consistent part of the Sabre games. 

I'm glad that you had a good time in Carolina. At least this year there is some meaning and more entertainment in the games. By the way did you buy Boyz62 a beer or two? Were his pants so funky that you didn't want people to think that you were associating with him and his odd fashion habits? 

Sometimes things are easier than they appear. Ullmark starts, Sabres win. ( prolly not tonight). 

Hutton starts, they most likely lose. 

I dont care why, I don’t care how, I only care bout the W. My coach in college was a huge fan of “ ya ride a fast horse till it dies”. After tonight, play Ullmark every friggen game till he loses one. 

Edited by plenzmd1

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

Idk if they were fluke goals as much as they were self inflicted. There were some pretty poor defensive plays that gave them scoring opportunities capped off by unlucky bounces. Not all, but some. 

Just seems like they should not have lost that game. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Really?! 

26 seconds. Not a good start. 

I hope its it’s not one of those games.... 

How'd it happen? Have the colts beat down on