Terrell Owens Declined His Invitation to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

In terms of just football, I think Ray Lewis had a much bigger impact on the nfl and won 2 SBs.  TO Alamogordo single handedly destroyed 2 good football teams by himself.  

Which teams and how?

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Which teams and how?

Wow, autocorrect is drunk early today! 

The 49ers (called out Garcia all the time and said he was gay) and the Eagles coming off a SB.  

I actually used TO to write a psych profile on him.  If you know about his childhood, he was super insecure.  Dude is a freak athlete but seems to have never been to escape that insecurity.  My god, he still wants to play in the nfl.  He’s like a Kardashian.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s just ironic you talk about leadership and TO in the same sentence. 

Yes I get the irony and don’t disagree. But I can’t use Owens’ childish behavior at times to justify the HOF’s vindictiveness and unprofessional behavior.

TO was just a player. A transcendent wideout and one of the best on the field ever, but still just a player. The voters and HOF officials are supposed to be stewards of the game and its history as a whole. I don’t think it is out of line to hold them to a higher standard. 

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Hall of Fame won't mention Terrell Owens at induction ceremony

customerservice@sportingnews.com (Sporting News)

There will not be any mention of Terrell Owens during the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony in August.

In fact, the Hall of Fame is excluding Owens from the event entirely, according to executive director Joe Horrigan.

“The focus is on the guys who are here," Horrigan told Talk of Fame Network. "There’s no reason to bring him up as an individual. He’s not here.”

Owens will have to wait a little longer to get his gold jacket as well. Players typically receive their gold jackets at Friday's Gold Jacket dinner that will happen Aug. 3, but the Hall of Fame will instead mail Owens' gold jacket to him the following day.

I love the hypocrisy of the last line... This is the Hall of Fame, where you are enshrined (INDIVIDUALLY) for your (INDIVIDUAL) efforts. Although you have the (INDIVIDUAL) choice to choose which team represents you, the honor is of individual recognition... 

Not one of these guys played for the Canton Gold Jackets...

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Does anyone really GAF about the HOF much less the induction ceremony?

re-visited a few years ago, it lost about 99% of the enjoyment I had visiting it 30 years prior

told them I was a Bills fan, the woman at the entrance searched awhile and then was able to click on Buffalo.

Th HOF should take a higher road. Announce TO. Show highlights or whatever. Treat him as if he was there, then move quickly past the inductee speech part and on to next man up. To not even mention his name puts the HOF on the same pettiness level as TO.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wow, autocorrect is drunk early today! 

The 49ers (called out Garcia all the time and said he was gay) and the Eagles coming off a SB.  

I actually used TO to write a psych profile on him.  If you know about his childhood, he was super insecure.  Dude is a freak athlete but seems to have never been to escape that insecurity.  My god, he still wants to play in the nfl.  He’s like a Kardashian.

The eagles couldn't make a Superbowl without him.

What planet are you on? The guy was playing on a broken leg while a healthy McNabb was literally throwing up on himself.

I don't mind what TO is doing at all. Some people just hate him and they'll never change, why waste the time. People praise kids for doing what they want instead of attending the draft, a personal accomplishment. 

Yet people are going to insult TO for doing what he wants to do during his personal accomplishment? Some people are so hypocritical and antiquated. He had his character assassinated by these people who vote on this, !@#$ doing what they think he should.

The comments about his insecurities, you're certainly not someone I want judging people. You're writing psych profiles for what? If you know his childhood you conveniently left out the story about how he met his dad. You'd be awful at that line of work.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

Many greats didn't make it in on the 1st ballot.  Who cares!  Go celebrate with the rest of the 2018 class. 

Terrell Owens Explains Why He's Skipping Hall Of Fame Ceremony (2:04)

Terrell Owens says if he was voted into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot, he would have had his ceremony in Canton with the rest of the class ... but since he wasn't, he won't.

Simple as that.

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Many greats didn't make it in on the 1st ballot.  Who cares!  Go celebrate with the rest of the 2018 class. 

Terrell Owens Explains Why He's Skipping Hall Of Fame Ceremony (2:04)

Terrell Owens says if he was voted into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot, he would have had his ceremony in Canton with the rest of the class ... but since he wasn't, he won't.

Simple as that.

Not only many, but most.

He's being a !@#$ing idiot.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Not only many, but most.

...NOT to worry my friend...this is NOT contrived....it comes NATURAL and now he could be the CFL's headache........BUT....Trump put a tax on Sharpie exports to Canada so be may have to tone it down a bit....:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

Not only many, but most.

He is being that.

A requirement to actually be enshrined should be having to show up and giving an appropriate acceptance speech.....unless that enshrinee is ill, dead, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I think it's a little childish that T.O is skipping the HOF ceremony, it was also childish for the voters (media) to prevent him from being a first ballot selection. Terrell Owens was one of the greatest WRs to ever play the game. His passion for the game at the wide receiver position was second to none, Steve Smith Sr. a close second. I, personally, would like to see a current Bill HOFer i.e. Thurman, Lofton, wear a #81 Bills jersey underneath their HOF jacket to honor TOs time in Buffalo and to show the voters that their decision to delay his induction into the Hall was wrong.

2 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Although I think it's a little childish that T.O is skipping the HOF ceremony, it was also childish for the voters (media) to prevent him from being a first ballot selection. Terrell Owens was one of the greatest WRs to ever play the game. His passion for the game at the wide receiver position was second to none, Steve Smith Sr. a close second. I, personally, would like to see a current Bill HOFer i.e. Thurman, Lofton, wear a #81 Bills jersey underneath their HOF jacket to honor TOs time in Buffalo and to show the voters that their decision to delay his induction into the Hall was wrong.

....happens quite a bit and they're safe because votes are not disclosed.....if you're not a media darling, they will punish you to teach you a lesson....Thurmal was delayed.......think you can include Art Monk....and I'm sure there have been others.........why did they make a guy like Jerry Kramer wait so long?.........

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....happens quite a bit and they're safe because votes are not disclosed.....if you're not a media darling, they will punish you to teach you a lesson....Thurmal was delayed.......think you can include Art Monk....and I'm sure there have been others.........why did they make a guy like Jerry Kramer wait so long?.........

rebels who aren't true immortals and/or media buttkissers must wait their turn....

baseball is the same way as football

TO could be denied, Steve Carlton not a hope

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

rebels who aren't true immortals and/or media buttkissers must wait their turn....

baseball is the same way as football

TO could be denied, Steve Carlton not a hope

...PERFECTLY stated.......force the urinalists out from under their desks and publish the votes......would be interesting to see who the "hanging chads" are.......