Political And Racial Agendas Ruining Sports

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

The welfare state and the breakdown of the inner city family has brought about this conundrum. Thank LBJ et al for securing Blacks for his party.

Correct.  LBJ's policies led to the death of the black family as they incentivized fatherless homes.  Families, no longer bound together by shared economic need, began shifting men out of the home by replacing their presence with a government paycheck.

The has systemically led to generations of shiftless, purposeless black men; and a legacy of fatherless black male children doomed to repeat the cycle.

destroyed by the millions, we have to try to rescue people one by one

telling people they can do whatever the hell they want and let other people worry about their mess is just setting up horrible karma

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Correct.  LBJ's policies led to the death of the black family as they incentivized fatherless homes.  Families, no longer bound together by shared economic need, began shifting men out of the home by replacing their presence with a government paycheck.

The has systemically led to generations of shiftless, purposeless black men; and a legacy of fatherless black male children doomed to repeat the cycle.

"I'll have those ni****s voting democratic for the next 200 years."---LBJ

i would enjoy what the honest polls are for the vote for the GOP by various demographics

everyone has learned to not admit they voted for Trump, and the media crows about 99.9% in the Dems pockets

i doubt it though....

28 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i would enjoy what the honest polls are for the vote for the GOP by various demographics

everyone has learned to not admit they voted for Trump, and the media crows about 99.9% in the Dems pockets

i doubt it though....

Yes, it will be interesting. The denial of Trump by all the Peters of this country will give the dems false hope. Those Peters will end up voting for Trump and the dems/media will be scratching their heads once again.

Edited by 3rdnlng

39 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

It plays a factor, but I would argue that the education system is the #1 factor. 

There are some major differences in quality of educators, athletic programs, music programs and facilities between city schools and wealthier suburbs, at no fault of the kid. 

Look what happened in Baltimore. 60 schools couldn't even heat their buildings properly this winter. Think that happens in some nicer areas outside the city ? Nope. 

Yes, look what happened in Baltimore.  Schools couldn't find money to heat their buildings (and are cutting staff) but found money to bus kids to an anti-2nd Amendment protest.  Curious, isn't it?

You're a smart dude.  Look past the bull ****.

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Schools are not created equal. Not every kid gets to go to the nice districts with new computers and athletic programs. 

Yep. 

Tough one to solve, that may take generations to correct. 

That's really not the issue. There's very little correlation between school funding and outcome. The culture within the schools and communities is far more predictive of outcome.

43 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

It plays a factor, but I would argue that the education system is the #1 factor. 

There are some major differences in quality of educators, athletic programs, music programs and facilities between city schools and wealthier suburbs, at no fault of the kid. 

Look what happened in Baltimore. 60 schools couldn't even heat their buildings properly this winter. Think that happens in some nicer areas outside the city ? Nope. 

As usual, you're looking at the wrong end of the education problem.  Fact remains that bad school districts aren't failing because they lack sufficient funds.  They fail because many of the parents in those districts expect the school to be the parent, while taking away the disciplinary powers of the parents.

Can't have it both ways.

• Like (+1) 1

Off the top of my head, DC's schools are some of the most heavily funded with some of the worst outcomes.

https://ballotpedia.org/Analysis_of_spending_in_America's_largest_school_districts

Actual per-pupil expenditures

Highest actual per-pupil expenditures[1]
School district Actual per-pupil expenditures ($)
Newark Public Schools, New Jersey 23,946
East Orange School District, New Jersey 21,263
Camden City Public Schools, New Jersey 21,100
New Rochelle School District, New York 20,750
Half Hollow Hills Central School District, New York 20,707

Lowest actual per-pupil expenditures[1]
School district Actual per-pupil expenditures ($)
Joint School District, Idaho 5,273
West Covina Unified School District, California 5,323
Alpine School District, Utah 5,412
Bonneville Joint School District No. 93, Idaho 5,489
Jordan School District, Utah 5,558

See more at the link above.

Edited by 3rdnlng

28 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Yes, look what happened in Baltimore.  Schools couldn't find money to heat their buildings (and are cutting staff) but found money to bus kids to an anti-2nd Amendment protest.  Curious, isn't it?

You're a smart dude.  Look past the bull ****.

A protest fueled by a dozen teenagers getting mowed down while sitting in their classroom.   

Anti 2nd Amendment? Maybe. We all have our opinions on what needs to happen next to minimize school shootings. I think better enforcement of existing firearms legislation, and possibly some new ones, are a small part of the solution. 

I'll just have to bow out. Once this turned into "inner city black people are the problem", I stand no change. 

10 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

A protest fueled by a dozen teenagers getting mowed down while sitting in their classroom.   

Anti 2nd Amendment? Maybe. We all have our opinions on what needs to happen next to minimize school shootings. I think better enforcement of existing firearms legislation, and possibly some new ones, are a small part of the solution. 

I'll just have to bow out. Once this turned into "inner city black people are the problem", I stand no change. 

Firearms laws wasn't the point of my post. 

Best.

17 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Fully acknowledging that people don't start in the same place, and the truly disadvantaged have the tallest hills to climb, individuals absolutely shoulder the blame for the poor choices they make; and the choices people make are even more important when their is less margin for error.  Poverty, like wealth, is intergenerational.  If you are poor, and you do not graduate from high school, do not have a job, and/or have children out of wedlock you are far more likely, by multitudes, to normalize that lifestyle for your progeny, and pass down your poverty to them.

This is a fact, and regardless of how uncomfortable it may be, it does not change the reality.

There is no substitute for an involved two parent family who takes an active involvement in their child's education.  None.

Worse, you won't even begin to solve the problem until you accept this absolute truth.

Black Americans have agency.  They are responsible for the choices they make.

The change needs to begin in black communities, where black community leaders must advocate for intact black families who embrace upright social responsibility.  There has to be a massive cultural change. 

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Fully acknowledging that people don't start in the same place, and the truly disadvantaged have the tallest hills to climb, individuals absolutely shoulder the blame for the poor choices they make; and the choices people make are even more important when their is less margin for error.  Poverty, like wealth, is intergenerational.  If you are poor, and you do not graduate from high school, do not have a job, and/or have children out of wedlock you are far more likely, by multitudes, to normalize that lifestyle for your progeny, and pass down your poverty to them.

This is a fact, and regardless of how uncomfortable it may be, it does not change the reality.

There is no substitute for an involved two parent family who takes an active involvement in their child's education.  None.

Worse, you won't even begin to solve the problem until you accept this absolute truth.

Black Americans have agency.  They are responsible for the choices they make.

The change needs to begin in black communities, where black community leaders must advocate for intact black families who embrace upright social responsibility.  There has to be a massive cultural change. 

What about the millions of poor white Americans who are on welfare and commit a disproportionate amount of crime? You feel the same way about them right?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

What about the millions of poor white Americans who are on welfare and commit a disproportionate amount of crime? You feel the same way about them right?

Of course it's the same.  Read Hillbilly Elegy

Just now, GG said:

Of course it's the same.  Read Hillbilly Elegy

Just checking. The word black was thrown around a lot there. Lower socioeconomic areas and inner cities aren’t comprised of all black people and those cultural issues Tasker pointed out are found across the board.

3 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

Just checking. The word black was thrown around a lot there. Lower socioeconomic areas and inner cities aren’t comprised of all black people and those cultural issues Tasker pointed out are found across the board.

Because that's the topic of the discussion and the usual landing spot for discussion of the underclass. Makes it easier for liberals to brand everyone a racist when the opposing side starts a discussion about lifting intergenerational poverty. 

The rural white economic underclass exhibits the same bad habits.  

10 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

Of course.  Over time LBJ's policies, originally targeted  at the black community, have spread into other communities and are impacting them in the same way.  Fatherless children born out of wedlock are on the rise across the entire spectrum of race, because our federal policy incentivizes it, and our culture no longer considers it shameful. 

The conversation was about inner city children, however, which tend to be black and minority communities, while white poverty tends to pool in rural areas.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

You mean the basket of deplorables?  We don't give a **** about them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

It's much more open minded to declare suburban white people are the problem.

• Like (+1) 1