California (again)

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is actually at a point that I look at where a package is coming from before I order now. If it is coming from LA or further west I look to see if there is another similar priced option.

It's gotten to the point that Union Pacific Railroad has informed the County of Los Angeles that they are contemplating pulling as much of their operation as possible out of the county.  

• 3 weeks later...

https://ktla.com/news/california/ca-lawmakers-bill-would-mandate-school-officials-search-backpacks-lockers-under-shooting-threat/

State Bill 906 proposes (among other things) the following:

Require parents or guardians upon registering a student for public or charter school to disclose whether any firearms are in the student’s home and provide details on ownership, storage, and accessibility of those firearms to the student.

Awesome!  :rolleyes:

• Angry 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, B-Man said:

vote to order!

who here has not prepared a excuse when caught breaking the mandates? 15 people!? come on guys its not like it has to make sense to these fools. reuse the holding breath one during pictures (everyone laughs)

now what was it we were really voting on?

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

State of Emergency??   Continue??  I didn’t even know we were in one to begin with.  I’d stick around and chat guys but I gotta load up on toilet paper and handI wipes. 🙄

Exactly 

The only way any of this overreach is possible is because they’re calling it a State of Emergency. The ruling class has found themselves a brilliant loophole! Just keep calling everyday life an emergency and you’re free to trample on the rights of the governed forever. Ingenious and really, really sick.

https://abc7.com/gas-tax-california-prices-legislature/11573771/#:~:text=California taxes gasoline at 51.1,the Federation of Tax Administrators.

Well what do you know.  I agree with Newson on this.  

Newsom, a Democrat, in his January budget proposed stopping the increase, at least for this year. That move would cost the state about $523 million in lost revenue that would otherwise go for things like roads and bridges. Newsom said that money can come instead from the state's $45.7 billion surplus.

The bolded is exactly what I said to my wife when they were talking about this on the news this morning.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As our gas here in California is over $6 Gov Newsom has proposed $400 debit cards for all residents (regardless of immigration status of course) per registered vehicle.  So this should help people of course but I have a couple questions regarding this proposal  for Mr Newsom. 

1.  Why will registered owners of electric cars be getting this $400 per vehicle?

2.  Why are you giving money to those that take public transportation for three months?  What if they also have register vehicles?  Do they get a double dip?

3.  If I have a two registered vehicles and never drive them why do I get $800?  It’s not clear if the $400 debit card can be used for anything or just gas. 

4. Why are you proposing dropping the gas tax on diesel vehicles only.  Why do they get to double dip?

5. Republicans just want to suspend the $.51 per gallon tax we pay but Democrats say that would benefit the oil companies. Please explain that?  Dems also say the rebate is better because it goes straight to the consumer. Excuse me??  Immediately reducing gas by $.51 per gallon does NOT go directly to the consumer?  They have no clue if they really feel this way. 

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/california-news/california-car-owners-gas-prices-rebate-gavin-newsom/2854596/?amp

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

As our gas here in California is over $6 Gov Newsom has proposed $400 debit cards for all residents (regardless of immigration status of course) per registered vehicle.  So this should help people of course but I have a couple questions regarding this proposal  for Mr Newsom. 

1.  Why will registered owners of electric cars be getting this $400 per vehicle?

2.  Why are you giving money to those that take public transportation for three months?  What if they also have register vehicles?  Do they get a double dip?

3.  If I have a two registered vehicles and never drive them why do I get $800?  It’s not clear if the $400 debit card can be used for anything or just gas. 

4. Why are you proposing dropping the gas tax on diesel vehicles only.  Why do they get to double dip?

5. Republicans just want to suspend the $.51 per gallon tax we pay but Democrats say that would benefit the oil companies. Please explain that?  Dems also say the rebate is better because it goes straight to the consumer. Excuse me??  Immediately reducing gas by $.51 per gallon does NOT go directly to the consumer?  They have no clue if they really feel this way. 

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/california-news/california-car-owners-gas-prices-rebate-gavin-newsom/2854596/?amp

What’s all this about? I thought the President said we all needed to sacrifice for the war effort. Is the war over? Or is this one more thing to toss on the transient inflation pile? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As water runs short in California, commission rejects $1.4 billion desalination plant 

Eleven members of the California Coastal Commission voted against the facility, which water treatment developer Poseidon Water has been trying to build for decades.

Poseidon said the plant would be capable of producing up to 50 million gallons of drinking water a day, helping to make the region more drought resilient. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/12/us/california-water-desalinization-vote-drought-climate/index.html