Trump, Eagles, TSW TDS goes all in !

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

One unsourced picture = all conservatives. 

The dishonesty is off the charts right now... wonder why that is. Must be something big coming down the tracks.

And you know dishonesty! 

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

Your the perfect example of everything I am talking about. A smart person who has completely excepted trolling as a political way of life. 

Samantha Bee calling Ivanka Trump a feckless c*nt..somebody called the Trump boys morons.  Do you really want to contend that no more outrageous things have been said about liberals from the people who apparently represent you?  Ted Nugent?  Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, any handful of Republicans who have been busted for sending around emails suggesting that Michelle Obama is a gorilla. Hillary Clinton runs a pedophile ring out of a pizzeria...   Your hypocrisy strips your arguments of any dignity.  And your so gleeful to sell yourself out.  It is really disheartening. 

Maybe you are right...Trump runs away with the 2020 election because liberals are a bunch of emotional pansies...is that anything hang your hat on?  No need to answer, the evidence is everywhere on the PPP board.  You can't raise the bar, so lower it...

So, he's against trolling?

7 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

No reason to.  Trump is Trump.  If you think the guy is going to show anything that could be perceived as weakness in this stage of the game, you aren't paying attention. 

I don't think a willingness to confront or practice a bit of diplomacy with your philosophical adversaries is showing weakness.  Quite the opposite IMO, but agree with your point that it's not Trump's way.  Given the extent to which he is under attack each day and what his true priorities are or should be, it's not unreasonable to cancel the Eagle visit.  I still think it was a missed opportunity for him and for them.  At the very least it results in Sarah Sanders telling the press corps the next day that the President made the offer to have some dialogue and nearly all chose not to show up. 

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I don't think a willingness to confront or practice a bit of diplomacy with your philosophical adversaries is showing weakness.  Quite the opposite IMO, but agree with your point that it's not Trump's way.  Given the extent to which he is under attack each day and what his true priorities are or should be, it's not unreasonable to cancel the Eagle visit.  I still think it was a missed opportunity for him and for them.  At the very least it results in Sarah Sanders telling the press corps the next day that the President made the offer to have some dialogue and nearly all chose not to show up. 

“Elections have consequences.”

50 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Nor do I, but it could certainly be perceived that way, which is what I was trying to say.

Agreed.

12 hours ago, Gary M said:

the government should not have been subsidizing your daughters education in the first place.

I think it was a great program that was helping an autistic kid get an opportunity to find a vocational career. How do u make huge cuts to that type of program? 

16 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it was a great program that was helping an autistic kid get an opportunity to find a vocational career. How do u make huge cuts to that type of program? 

Because you benefited from it at the expense of everyone else.  I find no value in it.  The federal government should not be subsidizing the cost of anyone's higher education.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Because you benefited from it at the expense of everyone else.  I find no value in it.  The federal government should not be mr. epsysubsidizing the cost of anyone's higher education.

I think it's time to take a step back here. You somewhat fall on the conservative side and we conservatives have never sided against programs for people with special challenges. Tell us more mrEpysYtown. Make your case.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think it's time to take a step back here. You somewhat fall on the conservative side and we conservatives have never sided against programs for people with special challenges. Tell us more mrEpysYtown. Make your case.

The federal government should not be in the business of subsidizing college education.  Full stop.

It has nothing to do with anyone's disabilities.  No one, disabled or otherwise, should receive these sorts of benefits.

These sorts of decisions should be made at the state level.

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The federal government should not be in the business of subsidizing college education.  Full stop.

It has nothing to do with anyone's disabilities.  No one, disabled or otherwise, should receive these sorts of benefits.

These sorts of decisions should be made at the state level.

It's so easy to be right.  It really is.

personal politics aside this was a smart/consistent to his type move by trump.  the old culture war issues the republicans failed with have been replaced with new ones they should be winning with (they aren't called the stupid party for nothing), and trump is winning with.  his off the cuff and obtuse nature is a feature, not a bug.  the media in nearly its entirety is left leaning politically and socially, and 1990s republican right/globalist leaning economically, both of which are clear opposites to trump's mandate.  since he ran against both the establishment of the GOP and the Dems (and both of their arms of the media, obviously the Dem's is much larger and more prestigious) he basically relies on his over the top statements and twitter to control the narrative.  rescinding the offer to the eagles, who clearly had planned on embarrassing him, and turning it around helps drive the wedge on the culture war issue of outward displays of patriotism and support for military/police.  

43 minutes ago, colin said:

personal politics aside this was a smart/consistent to his type move by trump.  the old culture war issues the republicans failed with have been replaced with new ones they should be winning with (they aren't called the stupid party for nothing), and trump is winning with.  his off the cuff and obtuse nature is a feature, not a bug.  the media in nearly its entirety is left leaning politically and socially, and 1990s republican right/globalist leaning economically, both of which are clear opposites to trump's mandate.  since he ran against both the establishment of the GOP and the Dems (and both of their arms of the media, obviously the Dem's is much larger and more prestigious) he basically relies on his over the top statements and twitter to control the narrative.  rescinding the offer to the eagles, who clearly had planned on embarrassing him, and turning it around helps drive the wedge on the culture war issue of outward displays of patriotism and support for military/police.  

good post

i'll add that on the other hand.... appearance and faulty memory get into people's heads

and probably 90% of the populace doesn't even think about politics until a few weeks before the next election

they will vote with their wallet each time