Interesting developments in Italy

47 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I never discussed the Atlantic slave trade, you dumb !@#$.  Your ignorance is matched only by your inability to read.

Right here. -You lying sack of sh_t.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:40 PM, DC Tom said:

I always like the "White Europeans enslaved Africans" narrative.  Who the hell do people think sold the slaved to the Europeans?

Hell, this is the first time in human history that slavery isn't considered acceptable.  Records of slavery go back as far as records go back.  People who treat it as an aberration of the human condition are massively ignorant.  The current human condition is the aberration.

And this guy....

2 hours ago, OJABBA said:

that's "I don't have an answer".

Like hell it is.... You asked who had "my endorsement"

My answer was:

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Anyone willing to work toward the center...

You have to realize that there are ALOT of players in this theatre... -Especially in Germany which had a sizeable immigrant population without the refugees.

If you think only one perspective is valid, then go ahead and pick your team.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Why should any European surrender anything to the invaders?

1)Because they aren't going to deport them all...

2)Many of the "invaders" are already citizens or legal residents of the host country.

This is a done deal... Europe can't go back. -Only forward.

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Your rebuttal was nothing more than calling people white supremacists and Nazi sympathizers, claiming they were wrong, and offering nothing at all in the way of an explanation. 

My rebuttal consisted of two simple questions you had no answer for.

You said:

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, TakeYouToTasker said:

Terrible agendas like maintaining the intellectual and moral culture which brought us the Enlightenment,

I just asked: 

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, #34fan said:

What about the thirty-year war that preceded it?. -You know... The one that killed nearly ten million ethno-Europeans... -Who's culture was that?

Why should we "maintain" above all, the same "moral" culture that brought us Auschwitz, Dachau, Babi Yar, Guernica, and Oradour Sur Glane,?

Ancestral pride is one thing, but your Ethno-European highlight reel left ALOT of sh_tty  scenes on the cutting-room floor.

Admit it, -you were exalting European culture as a whole, while omitting centuries of war, horror, and atrocities that dominate the continent's history.

I don't have to call you a racist anymore -Everyone already knows that to be true. -I'm just here to give notice that PPP no longer belongs to you

and DC Tom... I like it here, and plan to be involved in alot more of these conversations. :)

14 minutes ago, #34fan said:

You said:

I just asked: 

Admit it, -you were exalting European culture as a whole, while omitting centuries of war, horror, and atrocities that dominate the continent's history.

I don't have to call you a racist anymore -Everyone already knows that to be true. -I'm just here to give notice that PPP no longer belongs to you

and DC Tom... I like it here, and plan to be involved in alot more of these conversations. :)

Oh goodie, that’s all this site needs, a cherry picking advocate.

11 hours ago, #34fan said:

Right here. -You lying sack of sh_t.

And this guy....

Like hell it is.... You asked who had "my endorsement"

My answer was:

You have to realize that there are ALOT of players in this theatre... -Especially in Germany which had a sizeable immigrant population without the refugees.

If you think only one perspective is valid, then go ahead and pick your team.

1)Because they aren't going to deport them all...

2)Many of the "invaders" are already citizens or legal residents of the host country.

This is a done deal... Europe can't go back. -Only forward.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/africa/an-african-country-reckons-with-its-history-of-selling-slaves/2018/01/29/5234f5aa-ff9a-11e7-86b9-8908743c79dd_story.html

You're as boring as you are stupid.

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

imagine this much energy and mind power and not having anything productive all day long...

10 hours ago, #34fan said:

You said:

I just asked: 

The only people who would call me a racist are unthinking, abject morons who don't have the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between racial and racist, lack the skill require to understand complex ideas, and reflexively vomit up baseless charges of racism in lieu of making an argument.  People who do that are not good people.  They down grade the conversation, and make it impossible to move forward or achieve any sort of racial harmony.  You are the problem.

As for your "rebuttal", no... that's not a compelling argument.  Exactly one culture brought us the Enlightenment, which is a living moral philosophy as opposed to a fixed piece of history.  The fact that you've defined it as a fixed piece of history, and then sanitized the brutal tribal history of the entire world outside of Europe paints you as a clown, which is why I said that no serious person should debate this with you.

Not only are you not equipped to do the heavy lifting, you can't even handle the basic, high level elements of the conversation.

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He's too dumb to even realize that he's the one making a racist argument.  Denying the African nations' massive role in the slave trade directly denies them agency.

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

He's too dumb to even realize that he's the one making a racist argument.  Denying the African nations' massive role in the slave trade directly denies them agency.

he's eating up hours of your day...

16 hours ago, #34fan said:

:lol: What does that even mean?

Basically it means that I view antiquity as a clash of cultures in the Mediterranean world. The culture of the West proved supreme. Western culture/civilization is superior to all others. I firmly believe that. Now, that doesn't mean that other cultures aren't civilized in their own way -- I think certain aspects of Japan's culture are just stupid but I don't recognize them as not being civilized. But bar none, the culture of western civilization is superior to all others and a debate on the matter is laughable. 

During antiquity there was a clash of cultures in the Mediterranean world. One dominated and reigned supreme. Even after the fall of the Western Roman Empire, the culture that was establish was supreme. 

There's a reason America and Europe aren't third world shitholes -- it's our culture. However, liberalism is doing a fantastic job of eroding that culture.

Edited by The_Dude

6 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

During antiquity there was a clash of cultures in the Mediterranean world. One dominated and reigned supreme. Even after the fall of the Western Roman Empire, the culture that was establish was supreme. 

In Europe.  The Middle Eastern/Persian culture persisted just fine for several more centuries, until the Mongols wrecked it.  

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

In Europe.  The Middle Eastern/Persian culture persisted just fine for several more centuries, until the Mongols wrecked it.  

Until after the Antonine's I'm a huge believer it was a settled dispute. It's my belief that the Romans stopped where they stopped because they were big into believing in long and dug in defenses for the frontiers and how would you take the Parthian/Sassanid empire and hold it? I mean seriously, the Danube and Rhine legions had some forts and such that back in their day were kinda like the ancient worlds equivalent to the Maginot Line, only the Romans would actually fight the invaders unlike the cowards of the Maginot. 

And my god -- the Mongol's and the Huns.... Stirrups....had they figured out stirrups by then I wonder how that would have gone? But, by the time the Hun's showed up the Legions truly weren't what they used to be. I argue one reason is that they were more diverse. The Germanization of the legions was bad. Or, the way the Romans handled the Germanization of the legions was bad. The truth is it was a bit of both. I wonder what would have happened if the Goths could have been settled like business as usual. 

But anyways, when it comes to the Persians and Arabs now, I helped end that debate. Granted I had way more toys than Haj, such as NVG's, and infrared lasers attached to my M-4, it was our cultures economic success that outfitted me so well while I skull dragged Haj for 30 magical (non consecutive) months. Our culture is better/superior to all others and we do not need to dilute it more than Chuck Schumer already is. 

Another thing on the Romans -- their slavery was awesome. For the time it was extremely humane and how they would do it is they would destroy their slaves culture by splitting them up and sending them into the Roman interior. These slaves, many that would die free (depending on the era) were typically treated well, and their children would often be free and eligible for service in the legions (depending on the time period) and then Rome would have increased their population, and rid themselves of a culture that was in opposition to theirs. Brilliant method. Completely humane for the time period. Oh, and the slaves were mostly white. I figured I'd add that last part for liberals -- maybe itll make their heads explode...white slaves, can you believe it?!

Edited by The_Dude

7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What a pair of insufferable, pseudo-intellectual simps!

When did I ever deny the role of Africans in the slave-trade?... I just maintained that YOUR account, per usual, is largely incomplete, and devoid of any context. 

One thing I'll give Wa-po is that it accurately established European (Portuguese, British) fingerprints all over the crime scene.

Benin, (per your link) at the time was an expanding African kingdom at war with multiple tribes. I'm not sure why someone would think that Imperial expansion would be limited to European  world powers. Trading enemy captives for things more useful, (like weapons, and metals)  was considered a cleaner and more profitable means of disposal. However,  state-sponsored slave trading in Benin would not  seamlessly endure. 

At the heart of the  Atlantic slave trade was European and colonial demand.   Outside the Kingdom of Benin, the phenomenon of Africans selling other

Africans on an industrial scale was also driven by fear of European reprisals... For many tribal African slave traders the choices were clear.  1)Trade slaves. 2)Be taken as one yourself. (with your  family)  3) Let the Europeans strike a deal with your rivals, who would gladly enslave, or annihilate you, with the unbelievably deadly weapons furnished by their new white business partners. 

So if you're asking if someone put a gun to some African slaver's head, -The answer would often be yes. Yes they did.

The false narrative that Africans exclusively and ruthlessly sought to undo 'their own kind' is nonsensical, and valid only to those trying to condone by rationalization a system that resulted in the death, torture, rape, murder, mutilation, and degradation of millions of human beings.

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You're as boring as you are stupid.

You lunkheads always pick the same two paths after someone dispels your bunk.

The subject is either deemed "too complex" to pursue, or your opponent, too stupid to discuss it with.

It's a particularly cowardly form of evasion that suits you both very well. :lol:

Edited by #34fan

23 hours ago, #34fan said:

The smugglers have more resources at their disposal than the U.S. gives them credit for.... They've uncovered well-lit air-conditioned, tunnels complete with rail systems spanning the border... Lo-tech catapults that hurl drugs over portions of wall... A wall, in my opinion, is a totally wasteful expenditure.

th?id=OIP.KCQ2HvRVgZqo4dHdEOgxFAEsDg&pid

i guess it depends on who's perspective is viewing a proposed wall. i'm quite positive that GUS doesn't like someone outside of their sanctioning getting their drugs into the US and invading their turf.

7 minutes ago, #34fan said:

You lunkheads always pick the same two paths after someone dispels your bunk.

The subject is either deemed "too complex" to pursue, or your opponent, too stupid to discuss it with.

It's a particularly cowardly form of evasion that suits you both very well. :lol:

1) you haven't dispelled anything.

2) when we present you information, you consistently demonstrate that you don't understand the complexity, and simplify things to a kindergarten-level.

3) when we present you information, you consistently dismiss it a priori and demonstrate that you're too stupid to discuss it.