Interesting developments in Italy

20 minutes ago, #34fan said:

That criminal is just doing his job!

This bank KNEW he was coming, but did nothing to stop him, THEN left the vault open, THEN, along with the cops, WATCHED him take the money without stopping him, -who's at fault?

There should never be these minuteman-type hacks babysitting swathes of open border. -Your government is letting you down.

I have a radical thought. Maybe if we put a wall and/or other measures up along the border to prevent illegals sneaking in, then maybe we wouldn't have to follow the law and split up families.

Three months ago, a girl who works with us got T-boned by a drunk, undocumented alien who ran a light... No insurance, but somehow, the guy had a licence.

I thought that was pretty f__ked up.

Common-sense approaches to immigration, that put the citizen's welfare at the forefront of any discussions are being abandoned.

-Why would anyone think abandoning common sense to be a good idea, either here or in Europe?  

15 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Three months ago, a girl who works with us got T-boned by a drunk, undocumented alien who ran a light... No insurance, but somehow, the guy had a licence.

I thought that was pretty f__ked up.

Common-sense approaches to immigration, that put the citizen's welfare at the forefront of any discussions are being abandoned.

-Why would anyone think abandoning common sense to be a good idea, either here or in Europe?  

Yeah...years ago I had by brand new car and one other nearly totaled (parked, fortunately) by a drunk, uninsured illegal immigrant who left the scene of the accident (but left his entire front clip in the street, so he was easy to find.)

Police pointedly refused to go after him, because "We don't want to ruin his life."  Uh...excuse me?  That's EXACTLY the person who's life you DO want to ruin.  What if he kills someone next time?

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I have a radical thought. Maybe if we put a wall and/or other measures up along the border to prevent illegals sneaking in, then maybe we wouldn't have to follow the law and split up families.

A simple wall is a waste of money that isn't going to work... Especially, If we're talking about the southern Border of the U.S... -Even if the damn thing gets finished you could put holes in a wall, -tunnel under it, -or scale the damn thing.... All tactics the cartels and human smugglers currently use to circumvent walls already in place.

It's also worth mentioning that many of the future undocumented arrive by plane, or cross the border legally with B-1 or B-2 visas that go "out of status" when they fail to return home. There's petition process for that, but many just don't bother with it. 

Edited by #34fan

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

A simple wall is a waste of money that isn't going to work... Especially, If we're talking about the southern Border of the U.S... -Even if the damn thing gets finished you could put holes in a wall, -tunnel under it, -or scale the damn thing.... All tactics the cartels and human smugglers currently use to circumvent walls already in place.

It's also worth mentioning that many of the future undocumented arrive by plane, or cross the border legally with B-1 or B-2 visas that go "out of status" when they fail to return home. There's petition process for that, but many just don't bother with it. 

Of course, now they don't need to bother with it, because we don't even enforce the laws...

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah...years ago I had by brand new car and one other nearly totaled (parked, fortunately) by a drunk, uninsured illegal immigrant who left the scene of the accident (but left his entire front clip in the street, so he was easy to find.)

Police pointedly refused to go after him, because "We don't want to ruin his life."  Uh...excuse me?  That's EXACTLY the person who's life you DO want to ruin.  What if he kills someone next time?

Because any time anyone brings up enforcing things against illegal central americans it's #RAYSIS!

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

A wall as part of a comprehensive solution including jail for people who hire illegals, and taxation on foreign remittances would go a long way to fixing our problems.

Securing the border is as much about stopping human trafficking and breaking up the international child sex trade as it is about preventing illegal immigration, as much of the transporting occurs through our southern border.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, #34fan said:

A wall is part of the solution. Your stance reminds me of the old liberal mantra regarding opening up new areas for drilling for oil. "Why do it, it'll take 10 years to get that oil to market".  Heard that for decades.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

A wall as part of a comprehensive solution including jail for people who hire illegals, and taxation on foreign remittances would go a long way to fixing our problems.

Except the people who hire illegals might just be YOU. 

Domestic maids, migrant farmworkers, and landscape laborers make up a significant portion of the undocumented.

I think jail could be appropriate for repeat hiring offenders, but a fine usually does the trick.

A no more than 3% tax on foreign remittances also seems fair.

announcing the intention to cut back on illegal immigration is the first and largest step

the wall is a part of it, a big part

oh wait, someone on this board has declared a wall useless, Trump should be notified so he can cancel it based on this viewpoint

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

announcing the intention to cut back on illegal immigration is the first and largest step

the wall is a part of it, a big part

oh wait, someone on this board has declared a wall useless, Trump should be notified so he can cancel it based on this viewpoint

A wall isn't useless.  It's worse than useless.  It has to be maintained and patrolled, at greater expense that would be incurred just properly patrolling the border in the first place.

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Domestic maids, migrant farmworkers, and landscape laborers make up a significant portion of the undocumented.

I think jail could be appropriate for repeat hiring offenders, but a fine usually does the trick.

:lol:

a maid? landscape workers?

WTF do you think I am, Warren Buffett?

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

"Hires?"

You mean "enslaves."  

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

A wall is part of the solution. Your stance reminds me of the old liberal mantra regarding opening up new areas for drilling for oil. "Why do it, it'll take 10 years to get that oil to market".  Heard that for decades.

The smugglers have more resources at their disposal than the U.S. gives them credit for.... They've uncovered well-lit air-conditioned, tunnels complete with rail systems spanning the border... Lo-tech catapults that hurl drugs over portions of wall... A wall, in my opinion, is a totally wasteful expenditure.

th?id=OIP.KCQ2HvRVgZqo4dHdEOgxFAEsDg&pid

th?id=OIP.FzYqA7yZOO7ioz4XYvgN0AHaFj&pid

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The very first order of business for the next democratic administration will be to demo any completed portion of Trumps wall. 

Even if he completes it, it's probably doomed.   There are other ways being discussed here that I think would be far more effective.

16 hours ago, #34fan said:

And Syphilis.... -Although it's hard to say which was more devastating to colonial populations.:lol:

And who's Europe are we talking about, Anyway?

The Hohenzollerns? -The Habsburgs?.. Which one of the myriad nation-states, Duchy's and Grand-duchys of the Holy Roman Empire does your particular bloodline hail from?

Please tell me so I can laugh in your face.

What if I told you the awful truth?  Which is that the European continent was ALWAYS a diverse population to one degree or another. Bloodlines

consistently intertwined and intermarried across language a cultural lines. -And even that wasn't good enough...  Trade routes from India, china, Asia minor,

and the Americas enlightened European palates,drove it's fashion trends, and propelled it's innovations... Gunpowder, spices, silks, textiles, medicines, and the

all-important strange poonanny! Europe not only thrived on diversity, -It required diversity to advance through the ages.

Dude, "Diversity" f__king rocks!  

-Diverse gene pools lead to healthier, more robust people.... Low genetic diversity can render your bloodline biologically unable to perpetuate itself.

-Diverse investment  portfolios help you manage financial risk better.

-Diverse educational experiences introduce new perspectives and ideas that make for more capable, well-rounded individuals.

That said,

Instantly Flooding a linguistically, politically, and religiously homogenous population with thousands of people who don't speak the language, don't care for the

local customs, and prefer their own culture to the host nation isn't diversity, but inundation, -and inundation is always problematic.

-

....my undergrad is in European history. 

You dont know know what you’re talking about. 

Edited by The_Dude

22 hours ago, #34fan said:

Probablly not since she is CRAZY as hell.... You could argue too that she's the one who threw Europe's door open to refugees on an epic scale.

yeah, "one could argue"...

You left out the answer to "Who is going to stop the problem?"

It's not going to be the Democrats. It's not going to be the Left in Europe, so what the !@#$ are you are arguing with us about?

Edited by OJABBA

10 minutes ago, #34fan said:

The smugglers have more resources at their disposal than the U.S. gives them credit for.... They've uncovered well-lit air-conditioned, tunnels complete with rail systems spanning the border... 

th?id=OIP.KCQ2HvRVgZqo4dHdEOgxFAEsDg&pid

th?id=OIP.FzYqA7yZOO7ioz4XYvgN0AHaFj&pid

Built by Mexican companies who specialize in concrete and gravel and donate to the CF... 

Or are we not allowed to talk about that part of it?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Built by Mexican companies who specialize in concrete and gravel and donate to the CF... 

You can talk about it, if you want to called a racist.

Edited by OJABBA
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ah, good old CEMEX.  I was wondering when we'd introduce them.

• Like (+1) 2