Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth

/dev/null

Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth

I enjoy crunchy peanut butter.  I've never had it with shards of glass, though.

My mom would NEVER buy crunchy peanut butter.  I have no idea why (I'll ask her tonight).

I think that's why I buy creamy Skippy 99% of the time.  Once in a blue moon I'll get the crunchy, but it always makes me feel dirty.

i will usually choose crunchy, but recently got a vitamix and i haven't fine tuned my mixing skills yet to keep it crunchy but do not mind the creamy one bit.  there are times if i don't feel like cooking dinner, a couple of heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter fit the bill just fine.

and speaking of vitamix...time to go whip up a smoothie, and yeah, you can take that anyway you want...probably accurate ?

Edited by The Poojer

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

No.  This is a binary choice along the lines of Laurel vs Yanny or Picard vs Kirk

Yanny, Picard, and Crunchy FTW

OK, but that's not very inclusive of you. Stop living in 1995, it's 2018, a period of inclusiveness. 

Based on this neanderthalic poll my choice is (under protest) smooth.

(those using the term creamy rather than smooth have issues too deeply rooted to be delved into in this thread) 

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I enjoy crunchy peanut butter.  I've never had it with shards of glass, though.

My mom would NEVER buy crunchy peanut butter.  I have no idea why (I'll ask her tonight).

I think that's why I buy creamy Skippy 99% of the time.  Once in a blue moon I'll get the crunchy, but it always makes me feel dirty.

I suggest finding someone to talk about your mommy issues with.

9 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I suggest finding someone to talk about your mommy issues with.

I'll consider this an offer.  Thank you.  I'll PM you later.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/31/2018 at 8:14 PM, Gray Beard said:

I used to like crunchy. As I have gotten older and my teeth have become more sensitive to hard, sweet, cold, etc., I find myself gravitating toward smooth. My favorite is actually the fresh ground stuff from the health food store. It’s a rough texture, but closer to smooth than crunchy. 

Whole Foods has one of those grinders. Just plain grind up peanuts into butter. It's killer without a single additive or other ingredient. And if you want to sweeten it, you can grind the honey roasted peanuts into PB--that is the best peanut butter I've ever had and I LOVE peanut butter.

My wife likes the almond butter made the same way. I like almonds but not a huge fan of the butter.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:04 PM, CowgirlsFan said:

Smooth.

The fewer the trips to the dentist the better.

Please explain how eating crunchy PB has anything to do with the dentist.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:10 PM, Limeaid said:

I like crunchy on bread but smooth on veges like celery and carrots.

I too had a hard time with this. I rarely have ANY peanut butter, but on a sandwich I prefer crunchy, but for just that odd spoonful I like smooth. We have smooth in the pantry, so that’s my vote. (My wife prefers some “natural” stuff which can double as wallpaper paste, I think.)