(OT) Congrats To My Big Brother!!

R. Rich

My brother and a co-worker have won 2nd place in a national news award competition.

Congrats to your brother, there is nothing better than being proud of family!

I hope that your brother turns into one of the broadcasters that I actually enjoy listening to! If he is related to you I have faith!

Congrats to your brother, there is nothing better than being proud of family!

I hope that your brother turns into one of the broadcasters that I actually enjoy listening to! If he is related to you I have faith!

276153[/snapback]

I don't think broadcast journalism is something he's ever going to be into. I could be wrong, but he's never really looked too kindly on TV and radio news.

Is he as scary looking as you RRich?? If so, I do not want to click on the link and see him  :blink:

Congrats to both of them  B-)

276156[/snapback]

There's no picture on the site, knucklehead. Anyway, he's not nearly as big as I am. He goes about 6-4 and 220.

Yeah, it does. He's one heck of a reporter. He's been offered jobs in other places before, but he says he won't leave until he gets an offer that will allow him to do the kind of work he's doing now. He's not leaving just to go to a larger paper and start over.

There's no picture on the site, knucklehead.  Anyway, he's not nearly as big as I am.  He goes about 6-4 and 220.

276173[/snapback]

I was trying to picture your "big" brother doing triple jump in track, myself. :blink:

Congrats to him for the award, AND for having a brother who is so very proud of him! B-)

Let me be the first to say:

Who is Kevin Flowers?

Congrats R. Rich!  I even read your blog (which I never do).  Your admiration and pride show through.  Wonderful award for your entire family.

276237[/snapback]

Thanks, but I can't even try to take any credit. It really is all his. I'm just hoping I can attend the banquet for the award, which is in Atlantic City. I'm not sure if it's open to the public or not, but if it is, I'm there. When my Mother became a member of the SES (Senior Executive Service) at Social Security, there weren't any family members allowed to that ceremony, but since it was at the White House and was conducted by then-VP Al Gore, I guess there were security concerns. Even though there are a number of high profile media people who are getting awards, I wouldn't think that security would be so much an issue that the public, especially family members of the honorees, aren't allowed to attend.

Thanks, but I can't even try to take any credit.  It really is all his.  I'm just hoping I can attend the banquet for the award, which is in Atlantic City.  I'm not sure if it's open to the public or not, but if it is, I'm there.  When my Mother became a member of the SES (Senior Executive Service) at Social Security, there weren't any family members allowed to that ceremony, but since it was at the White House and was conducted by then-VP Al Gore, I guess there were security concerns.  Even though there are a number of high profile media people who are getting awards, I wouldn't think that security would be so much an issue that the public, especially family members of the honorees, aren't allowed to attend.

276248[/snapback]

Here's hoping you get to go. If not, find the largest waiter's outfit that you can and sneak in.

It warmed my heart to read hogboy's comments in your blog. He does have a heart after all. :blink: