Should Tommy Robinson be freed?

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm not sure I understand the thread.

People in England don't enjoy the protection of rights by their government.  They ceeded them long ago.  As such they have no expectation of not being molested by the state.

England has fallen into despotism.  So why should Tommy Robinson be freed?

Forward!

The Strange Case of Tommy Robinson

by John Hinderaker

Tommy Robinson (whose real name reportedly is Stephen Lennon) is one of the founders of the English Defense League, which opposes mass Islamic immigration. On Friday, he was standing outside a courthouse where several Muslims were on trial for sex-related crimes, “reporting” on the trial via Facebook live, when he was arrested for breaching the peace.

Robinson was hauled before a judge and, apparently, was immediately sentenced. I think what happened is that the judge imposed a 13-month prison term that had been suspended, arising out of a similar incident:

But shortly after his arrest, a source with knowledge of the case told Fox News that he had been jailed for 13 months on a contempt-of-court charge.

A court listing indicated the case was “closed” by Friday afternoon.

One source said he was jailed in Hull Prison. The prison declined to comment to Fox News on whether Robinson was there. Leeds Crown Court also did not return a request for information.

According to The Independent, Robinson was already on a suspended sentence for contempt of court over a gang rape case in 2017.

In that case, Robinson wasn’t one of the rapists, he was trying to film or photograph the rapists, in violation of notices posted around the courthouse.

The court in the current case has imposed a press blackout on Robinson’s arrest and apparent jailing:

{snip}

It is too early to say where this will end, but this thought occurs to me: we have pointed out many times the fallacy of categorizing all opposition to mass immigration as “far right,” as the European press has unanimously done. This description is evidently intended to rule debate over immigration out of bounds. But the truth may be worse than that: perhaps being labeled “far right” can be a precursor to groundless arrest, secret trial and incarceration, and a ban on reporting.

In the U.K., anyway. It could never happen here, as America’s liberals are far too tolerant and too devoted to free speech.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Why do you believe Laura Southern and Faith Goldy deserve to be in prison?

I said they deserve it more than Tommy does... And it's because of all the Alt-right "defend European identity" sh_t they've stirred up internationally... Those two are all over Europe crusading for whiteness... In many countries Lauren would have been jailed for the crap she pulled in the UK... But she's a hot little Nazi, so she gets away with it.

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm not sure I understand the thread.

People in England don't enjoy the protection of rights by their government.  They ceeded them long ago.  As such they have no expectation of not being molested by the state.

England has fallen into despotism.  So why should Tommy Robinson be freed?

England has fallen into despotism? :lol:

-Please name the despot who runs England?... There's no way you could know what that word even means... As far as the English having " no expectation of not being molested by the state". -That's nonsense. -They clearly have those expectations, as evidenced by the massive protests to free Tommy.

Edited by #34fan

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

I said they deserve it more than Tommy does... And it's because of all the Alt-right "defend European identity" sh_t they've stirred up internationally... Those two are all over Europe crusading for whiteness... In many countries Lauren would have been jailed for the crap she pulled in the UK... But she's a hot little Nazi, so she gets away with it.

I can imagine this speech being given before the inevitable dance-off.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

England has fallen into despotism? :lol:

-Please name the despot who runs England?... There's no way you could know what that word even means... As far as the English having " no expectation of not being molested by the state". -That's nonsense. -They clearly have those expectations, as evidenced by the massive protests to free Tommy.

Yes, they absolutely have. So called hate speech codes have anyone who doesn’t toe the pro Islamic line in fear of being jailed FOR EXPRESSING  AN OPINION. if that’s not tyranny, then I don’t know what is. And don’t think it can’t happen here. Just look at the vitriol spewed toward trump who has rightfully pointed out the ill effects of unbridled illegal immigration. The left is unhinged. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yes, they absolutely have. So called hate speech codes have anyone who doesn’t toe the pro Islamic line in fear of being jailed FOR EXPRESSING  AN OPINION. if that’s not tyranny, then I don’t know what is. And don’t think it can’t happen here. Just look at the vitriol spewed toward trump who has rightfully pointed out the ill effects of unbridled illegal immigration. The left is unhinged. 

Now you've gone and done it. You surely have pissed that #34 dick off and you'll be called a racist for sure. BTW, anytime I write #34 in the future I really mean "dick".

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Now you've gone and done it. You surely have pissed that #34 dick off and you'll be called a racist for sure. BTW, anytime I write #34 in the future I really mean "dick".

#34 Clark

#34 Van Dyke

Andy #34

#34 Cheney (that one should burn him)

23 hours ago, #34fan said:

Yes, saying "they deserve it more" directly implies that all parties deserve to be jailed, to varying gradients.

You're also conflating justice with legality.  I assume you'd take great issue (correctly, might I add) if someone were to make the argument that more blacks deserve to be in prison because more blacks are in prison.  Only you're doing the exact same thing here.

So, again, why do Laura Southern and Faith Goldy deserve to be in prison?

To the rest, I'm not at all interested in your opinions about "crusading for whiteness" when you haven't provided a single example, and have demonstrated a penchant for making baseless claims of racism as a substitute for intellectual rigor.

England has fallen into despotism?

:lol:

Yes, England has fallen into despotism.

Those living there don't have any rights.  They have a list of privileges and duties which have been assigned to them by their government. 

There is a fundamental difference between rights and privileges, as they transform the relationship between government and citizen.  Governments are at the mercy of citizens with rights, while citizens with privileges are at the mercy of their government.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

There is a fundamental difference between rights and privileges, as they transform the relationship between government and citizen.  Governments are at the mercy of citizens with rights, while citizens with privileges are at the mercy of their government.

:worthy:

17 hours ago, joesixpack said:

In the UK, ( and a large swath of Europe in general) If you don't somehow control what people say in public, religious violence WILL ensue... That's where things are, as of today.

-It's not likely to change anytime soon... What's the point of fanning those flames by insisting you can say whatever you want, whenever you want, about anyone's religion?

True free speech, invariably leads to provocation.... I wish Tommy weren't locked up... But he along with Goldy, Southern, and the entire rebel media family, put himself there.

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

In the UK, ( and a large swath of Europe in general) If you don't somehow control what people say in public, religious violence WILL ensue... That's where things are, as of today.

-It's not likely to change anytime soon... What's the point of fanning those flames by insisting you can say whatever you want, whenever you want, about anyone's religion?

True free speech, invariably leads to provocation.... I wish Tommy weren't locked up... But he along with Goldy, Southern, and the entire rebel media family, put himself there.

????‍♂️??‍♂️????‍♂️??‍♂️????‍♂️??‍♂️

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Yes, saying "they deserve it more" directly implies that all parties deserve to be jailed, to varying gradients.

Tommy kind-of deserves it because he's had convictions NOT realated to his crusade.

They deserve it more because Lauren stands in front of a Mosque with a sign denoting Allah's sexual preference.

They deserve it more because Lauren hides in the Alps with bands of French "patriots" trying to intercept African migrants...

The girl got banned from the UK for a reason.

You talk to Tommy, and it's hard not to get the feeling he's genuinely a good guy.... I don't agree with everything he says, but I don't think he should be put in a position to die in jail at the hand of an angry Muslim inmate... OR be exposed to more extreme forms of nationalism.

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

To the rest, I'm not at all interested in your opinions about "crusading for whiteness" when you haven't provided a single example,

“There has been a rising in, I think, white racial consciousness, after decades of identity politics which underscored non-white identities. I think a lot of white men, specifically, this seems to be their struggle — are mad as hell and they’re not gonna take it anymore.”

-Faith Goldy-Bazos

Edited by #34fan

Just now, #34fan said:

Tommy kind-of deserves it because he's had convictions NOT realated to his crusade.

They deserve it more because Lauren stands in front of a Mosque with a sign denoting Allah's sexual preference.

They deserve it more because Lauren hides in the Alps with bands of French "patriots" trying to intercept African migrants...

The girl got banned from the UK for a reason.

You talk to Tommy, and it's hard not to get the feeling he's genuinely a good guy.... I don't agree with everything he says, but I don't think he should be put in a position to die

in jail at the hand of an angry Muslim inmate... OR be exposed to more extreme forms of nationalism.

OK, so you think people should be put in jail for what they say and what they think.

And, of course, those people happen to disagree with you politically.

So you're advocating for political prisons.  Got it.

“There has been a rising in, I think, white racial consciousness, after decades of identity politics which underscored non-white identities. I think a lot of white men, specifically, this seems to be their struggle — are mad as hell and they’re not gonna take it anymore.”

-Faith Goldy-Bazos

She fairly well summarized the genesis and rise of the alt-right as a consequence of identity politics.

When one a group, any group, is stigmatized there is going to be a back lash.  Years of racial injustice throughout US history should have taught us that.

When groups are taught to weaponize their race to their own advantage against other racial or ethnic groups, it forces the group now being what they view as marginalized to form their own group identity, and to become political in it's advocacy.

This is the inherent danger of race based politics.  It always creates an "other".  We cannot ever move forward if we insist on doing that.

Further, making this observation is not inherently racist.  It's nothing more than a clear understanding of cause and effect.

-------------------------------------------

And now I'm going to take a moment to examine the two ideas I addressed separately as a comingled issue:

You are critical of what Laura Southern is doing in the Alps (for the purpose of discussion, I'll accept that offering on it's face) working to prevent Muslim immigration into Europe.

At the same time, you are claiming that the current state of Europe  makes true freedom of speech impossible without inciting religious violence.

These combined notions are what is problematic, and what is driving the expansion of the European right

National culture is of central importance.  That culture is one which birthed the Enlightenment, and the concepts of free speech itself and they are losing it.  This isn't a trivial matter.  This is what they are fighting for.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Do you realize how absurd that post is?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

And now I'm going to take a moment to examine the two ideas I addressed separately as a comingled issue:

You are critical of what Laura Southern is doing in the Alps (for the purpose of discussion, I'll accept that offering on it's face) working to prevent Muslim immigration into Europe.

At the same time, you are claiming that the current state of Europe  makes true freedom of speech impossible without inciting religious violence.

These combined notions are what is problematic, and what is driving the expansion of the European right

National culture is of central importance.  That culture is one which birthed the Enlightenment, and the concepts of free speech itself and they are losing it.  This isn't a trivial matter.  This is what they are fighting for.

I never said it was trivial.

I just think from a tactical standpoint, it's a little late...  I don't think there's any longer a choice between religious violence or not. -Just an option to perpetually postpone...

That's the deal, as I see it... Peace or war.

It's not what you want to hear but aspects of European culture, colonialism, hedgemony, and Imperialism. helped spawn this nightmare.

One of the reasons, I'd like to see Tommy out, is because IMO, he's far LESS dangerous alive... YEARS of Anti-Muslim Rhetoric, plus spearheading the EDL

make him a target in the joint.  -I'm not certain what consequences a dead Tommy Robinson would bring..

Just now, #34fan said:

make him a target in the joint.  -I'm not certain what consequences a dead Tommy Robinson would bring..

Hopefully it would solidify brexit and bring about an overall reduction of Islamic populations in the UK, and Europe in general.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Hopefully it would solidify brexit and bring about an overall reduction of Islamic populations in the UK, and Europe in general.

How?... The refugee population has nowhere to go but to OTHER European countries... Fixing Syria might help.

For the most part though, the European Muslim is there to stay.