Should Tommy Robinson be freed?

Protests are erupting in front of 10 Downing street over the Jailing of conservative British activist Tommy Robinson.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/25/tommy-robinson-arrested-outside-child-grooming-trial-breaching-peace-7579280/

Not sure how to feel.... If you've ever spoken to Tommy (not his real name) you don't get the feeling that he's a true racist... -Could be why he's so dangerous!

Not sure what I struggle with more.. -The fact that I think Tommy's sentence was unduly harsh, or the fact that I think Lauren Southern is GORGEOUS (for a racist.) 

I probably hate myself more for the latter. :mellow:

Edited by #34fan

16 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Protests are erupting in front of 10 Downing street over the Jailing of conservative British activist Tommy Robinson.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/25/tommy-robinson-arrested-outside-child-grooming-trial-breaching-peace-7579280/

Not sure how to feel.... If you've ever spoken to Tommy (not his real name) you don't get the feeling that he's a true racist... -Could be why he's so dangerous!

Not sure what I struggle with more.. -The fact that I think Tommy's sentence was unduly harsh, or the fact that I think Lauren Southern is GORGEOUS (for a racist.) 

Don't know.  Don't know the applicable English law.  

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Don't know.  Don't know the applicable English law.  

It's more or less contempt of court... He was out of jail on a suspended sentence, and picked up a violation for breach of peace. Basically reporting on a trial that a gag order was placed on....

Shocked that you're not aware this, Tom... -Might I suggest less Mein Kampf and more international news.

Edited by #34fan

10 minutes ago, #34fan said:

It's more or less contempt of court... He was out of jail on a suspended sentence, and picked up a violation for breach of peace. Basically reporting on a trail that a gag order was placed on....

Shocked that you're not aware this, Tom... -Might I suggest less Mein Kampf and more international news.

Did it cover the whole trail? How do you get birds to keep from chirping? No rustling of the leaves? You have a lot of explaining to do. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Did it cover the whole trail? How do you get birds to keep from chirping? No rustling of the leaves? You have a lot of explaining to do. 

Hm... A little nit-picky, but fixed, nonetheless.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

It's more or less contempt of court... He was out of jail on a suspended sentence, and picked up a violation for breach of peace. Basically reporting on a trial that a gag order was placed on....

Mein Kampf is more relevant to current events.

As you describe it, his sentence doesn't sound the least bit harsh.  Suspended sentence + violation = jail time.  What's the problem?

He obviously wanted to get arrested to bring attention to the trial. It's working.

In the past I have occasionally brought up the Rotherham grooming gang to my Trump hating peers, and NOT ONE of them had heard of it. They were too busy knitting pink hats.

Edited by OJABBA

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

59 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Why would you want to see him freed? You support that kind of thoughtcrime law here in America! Also, Lauren southern is a racist in your beta mind only.

13 months is a long time for a guy with small children... Tommy' (Stephen's) appeal is that he completely seems like a regular guy with a point of view... It's stupid for him to put himself in this position, but I think British lawmakers are trying to cut religious violence off at the pass.

Both Lauren Southern and Faith Goldy are big-time bigots, and anti-Islam activists... I think Lauren helped seal Tommy's fate by standing outside a UK Mosque with a sign questioning Allah's sexual preference... She and Faith are quite evil...  But also quite hot... WHY oh why did they have to be hot? :(

40 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Mein Kampf is more relevant to current events.

As you describe it, his sentence doesn't sound the least bit harsh.  Suspended sentence + violation = jail time.  What's the problem?

There's been a big run-up to this.... One you could easily follow on outlets like youtube, but, to me, the arrest seemed petty.... Again, Tommy is one of the most pleasant right-wing boneheads you will ever meet... I've frequented Europe and the UK since my early 20's... It's really at a tipping point.

Edited by #34fan

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

13 months is a long time for a guy with small children... Tommy' (Stephen's) appeal is that he completely seems like a regular guy with a point of view... It's stupid for him to put himself in this position, but I think British lawmakers are trying to cut religious violence off at the pass.

Both Lauren Southern and Faith Goldy are big-time bigots, and anti-Islam activists... I think Lauren helped seal Tommy's fate by standing outside a UK Mosque with a sign questioning Allah's sexual preference... She and Faith are quite evil...  But also quite hot... WHY oh why did they have to be hot? :(

There's been a big run-up to this.... One you could easily follow on outlets like youtube, but, to me, the arrest seemed petty.... Again, Tommy is one of the most pleasant right-wing boneheads you will ever meet... I've frequented Europe and the UK since my early 20's... It's really at a tipping point.

So mocking Islam is bad? Like Sam Harris says all religions are bad, but some are worse than others. Mocking Muhammad to show THEIR intolerance of our values is a useful method. It’s not evil to despise a religion that is fundamentally incompatible with modernity. The uk has taken tolerance to its natural extreme.

Edited by joesixpack

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

There's been a big run-up to this.... One you could easily follow on outlets like youtube, 

I've got better things to do than trawl youtube for news on alt-right career criminal Brits who violates the terms of his previous criminal sentence.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

but, to me, the arrest seemed petty.... Again, Tommy is one of the most pleasant right-wing boneheads you will ever meet... I've frequented Europe and the UK since my early 20's... It's really at a tipping point.

The moron's trying to make a First Amendment issue out of something that's really a "he's an ass" issue, in a country that doesn't have a First Amendment.

The arrest isn't what's petty in that story.

15 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So mocking Islam is bad?

Directly Insulting anyone's religion without provocation is very bad, I would say... -If you were a Christian, you wouldn't want some Muslim on your church steps holding a sign insulting Jesus.... It's asking for trouble, and it's why Lauren got banned from the UK... Are you seriously going to prop yourself up as a pillar of tolerance? -You're offended by athletes kneeling for the national anthem?

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1