Mixed Couple TV Commercials

32 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

Just what this thread needed. This thread. 

"I just noticed how the liberal agenda is making us look at interracial couples"

Roseanne? Have you been taking your Ambien again?

Lets just get back to how the Parkland shooting didn't happen and stop wasting our time on this.

You can act a fool on your own. You don't need to involve others.

Edited by Azalin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Azalin said:

Nothing in this thread is even remotely relevant to what you're talking about. Or more accurately, nothing you're talking about has any relevancy to the topic. You can act a fool on your own. You don't need to involve others.

Is this a safe space ?

1 minute ago, GG said:

Certainly not for snowflakes.

Cool. Thank God. I wouldn't want snowflakes to get in here and hurt my feelings. I'm glad this is a different kind of safe place. A safe place for people who don't need safe places! Fantastic! Lets run with it. 

On 5/24/2018 at 11:51 PM, Paulus said:

No, hiring people based on color is.

On 5/24/2018 at 11:09 PM, keepthefaith said:

PC and inclusiveness.   Attempts to appeal to wider audience while being socially hip.  Libs dominate the ad agency industry too. 

It's a liberal plot designed to make those of other colors and backgrounds accepted as people.

30 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's a liberal plot designed to make those of other colors and backgrounds accepted as people.

It's actually a capitalist plot to make money by marketing products and services to black and brown people in order to separate them from their hard earned money, which they have only now begun to amass as capital, after a multi-generational struggle out from under oppression.

I wish I was there to watch your head explode.

25 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's actually a capitalist plot to make money by marketing products and services to black and brown people in order to separate them from their hard earned money, which they have only now begun to amass as capital, after a multi-generational struggle out from under oppression.

Or,  a subliminal campaign to get white women ages 13-25 more comfortable with the idea of physical love with Black Muslim men. Further isolating them from their bigoted fathers, and undermining the white nuclear family.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

As long as you're alright with hiring folks based on the color of thier skin... 

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

As long as you're alright with hiring folks based on the color of thier skin... 

So I have to ask, if they were all white, would you still wonder if they are hiring by skin color?

I'm glad to see this finally happening. Media is a true portrayal of Americana. We can all rest easy now. All is right with the world, or at least ??   . Bet this type of progress isn't on TV in Iran

Edited by RaoulDuke79

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So I have to ask, if they were all white, would you still wonder if they are hiring by skin color?

In my area, definitely.  I go in to an establishment here, I don't see any Hispanics or Asians, and I assume the hiring was racially biased.

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

In my area, definitely.  I go in to an establishment here, I don't see any Hispanics or Asians, and I assume the hiring was racially biased.

Maybe the owners think that big titted strippers will attract more customers.

THE HIGH PRICE OF STALE GRIEVANCES  Screen-Shot-2018-06-06-at-6.06.55-PM.png

That is the title of this essay by Columbia undergraduate Coleman Hughes. The piece is quite brilliant. More than that, Hughes must be one of America’s bravest young men.

Hughes’s subject is the double standard that is so often applied in favor of African-Americans. He begins with an anecdote about being selected to back the singer Rihanna on the MTV Video Music Awards. Several of his friends were chosen as well, but one of them, a “white Hispanic,” was then discharged because the “artistic team had decided to go for an all-black aesthetic.”

One thing, however, is clear. If the races were reversed—if a black musician had been fired in order to achieve an all-white aesthetic—it would have made front page headlines. It would have been seen as an unambiguous moral infraction.
Though the question seems naïve to some, it is in fact perfectly valid to ask why black people can get away with behavior that white people can’t. The progressive response to this question invariably contains some reference to history: blacks were taken from their homeland in chains, forced to work as chattel for 250 years, and then subjected to redlining, segregation, and lynchings for another century. In the face of such a brutal past, many would argue, it is simply ignorant to complain about what modern-day blacks can get away with.

Yet there we were—young black men born decades after anything that could rightly be called ‘oppression’ had ended—benefitting from a social license bequeathed to us by a history that we have only experienced through textbooks and folklore. And my white Hispanic friend (who could have had a tougher life than all of us, for all I know) paid the price. The underlying logic of using the past to justify racial double-standards in the present is rarely interrogated. What do slavery and Jim Crow have to do with modern-day blacks, who experienced neither? Do all black people have P.T.S.D from racism, as the Grammy and Emmy award-winning artist Donald Glover recently claimed? Is ancestral suffering actually transmitted to descendants? If so, how? What exactly are historical ‘ties’ made of?

Hughes goes on to describe less benign instances of what can fairly be described as black racism from writers Michael Eric Dyson and Ta-Nehisi Coates, who exemplify “the lower ethical standard to which black writers are held.” Unfortunately, the problem doesn’t end with would-be intellectuals:

By itself, the fact that black progressives like Dyson and Coates play by a different set of rules would not amount to a great societal injustice. But the biases of the chattering classes don’t stay put; they seep out into the general populace, setting the boundaries of polite conversation, and coloring the political landscape in which laws are crafted.

Thus, we have institutional racism in our college admissions system. This is interesting:

{SNIP}

And, to sum up, this question:

Progressives ought not dodge the question: Why are blacks the only ethnic group routinely and openly encouraged to nurse stale grievances back to life?

There is more, all equally sensible. And this guy is an undergraduate! Someone, please get him a bodyguard.

Much more at the link.................

On 6/6/2018 at 9:18 PM, B-Man said:

THE HIGH PRICE OF STALE GRIEVANCES  Screen-Shot-2018-06-06-at-6.06.55-PM.png

That is the title of this essay by Columbia undergraduate Coleman Hughes. The piece is quite brilliant. More than that, Hughes must be one of America’s bravest young men.

Hughes’s subject is the double standard that is so often applied in favor of African-Americans. He begins with an anecdote about being selected to back the singer Rihanna on the MTV Video Music Awards. Several of his friends were chosen as well, but one of them, a “white Hispanic,” was then discharged because the “artistic team had decided to go for an all-black aesthetic.”

One thing, however, is clear. If the races were reversed—if a black musician had been fired in order to achieve an all-white aesthetic—it would have made front page headlines. It would have been seen as an unambiguous moral infraction.
Though the question seems naïve to some, it is in fact perfectly valid to ask why black people can get away with behavior that white people can’t. The progressive response to this question invariably contains some reference to history: blacks were taken from their homeland in chains, forced to work as chattel for 250 years, and then subjected to redlining, segregation, and lynchings for another century. In the face of such a brutal past, many would argue, it is simply ignorant to complain about what modern-day blacks can get away with.

Yet there we were—young black men born decades after anything that could rightly be called ‘oppression’ had ended—benefitting from a social license bequeathed to us by a history that we have only experienced through textbooks and folklore. And my white Hispanic friend (who could have had a tougher life than all of us, for all I know) paid the price. The underlying logic of using the past to justify racial double-standards in the present is rarely interrogated. What do slavery and Jim Crow have to do with modern-day blacks, who experienced neither? Do all black people have P.T.S.D from racism, as the Grammy and Emmy award-winning artist Donald Glover recently claimed? Is ancestral suffering actually transmitted to descendants? If so, how? What exactly are historical ‘ties’ made of?

Hughes goes on to describe less benign instances of what can fairly be described as black racism from writers Michael Eric Dyson and Ta-Nehisi Coates, who exemplify “the lower ethical standard to which black writers are held.” Unfortunately, the problem doesn’t end with would-be intellectuals:

By itself, the fact that black progressives like Dyson and Coates play by a different set of rules would not amount to a great societal injustice. But the biases of the chattering classes don’t stay put; they seep out into the general populace, setting the boundaries of polite conversation, and coloring the political landscape in which laws are crafted.

Thus, we have institutional racism in our college admissions system. This is interesting:

{SNIP}

And, to sum up, this question:

Progressives ought not dodge the question: Why are blacks the only ethnic group routinely and openly encouraged to nurse stale grievances back to life?

There is more, all equally sensible. And this guy is an undergraduate! Someone, please get him a bodyguard.

Much more at the link.................

He been expelled yet?