Zay Jones Had Knee Surgery and is Out for the Spring - Back to Practice without Restrictions

2 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

By the sounds of it you have the whole story? Please share.

He basically gave the whole story. Local media reported last week that ZJ was out not due to his initial offseason knee procedure, but due to a serious laceration caused by the hotel incident that doctors had trouble closing and cleaning up. His placement on the NFI list by the team backs this up.

I remember there was some initial confusion when camp opened; national media reported his absence and some of them assumed it was due to the football-related surgery. That’s why I get my Bills’ news from here ?

Watching him last year and then taking into account the off season I don’t know if this kid has what it takes to be an nfl player.  

We we are extremely thin at WR so that helps his chances but he is not looking like a McD kind of guy.  Which is odd given McD drafted him.  

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What if...

Zay turns into the receiver we thought he could be when drafted? If our new system and QB can use KB and Zay effectively maybe, just maybe we won't have the worst WR corps. Could even be downright serviceable.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

What if...

Zay turns into the receiver we thought he could be when drafted? If our new system and QB can use KB and Zay effectively maybe, just maybe we won't have the worst WR corps. Could even be downright serviceable.

That would require an optimistic view point which is frowned upon here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

In God's name what has you thinking optimistically about Zay?

I am not down on Jones. He dropped some but also had a lot of uncatchable balls thrown his way. He made some good catches and made some plays. I want to see how he does with a more aggressive QB that is not afraid to take chances.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Zay Jones was cleared for contact, and the Bills' WR was in a feisty mood

ORCHARD PARK – Zay Jones took off the red no contact jersey and was a full participant in practice for the first time at St. John Fisher College Monday morning.

And it didn’t take long for the contact to get serious for the second-year wide receiver. About two-thirds of the way through a closed-to-the-public session, Jones and safety Micah Hyde got into a scuffle in the middle of the field in the deep secondary.

What was odd is that it looked like a rather innocuous play at first and the two were jawing back and forth as they were walking back to their respective huddles, but then it escalated and they were rolling around the ground throwing punches.

Jones, in perhaps the most monotoned, uninteresting media session he’s ever conducted because normally he’s quite engaging, would only say of the fight,

“Football.”

1 hour ago, eball said:

Dude seems FOCUSED.  I hope he has put all of the nonsense behind him; he's so talented.

Chris Brown just said on One Bills Live that Zay is “laser focused like he’s never seen before”.  Stressed that he’s really, really locked in.

Said he’s not out there to make friends, and even got into it with Hyde. Said he and Hyde were chirping and Zay was giving it right back, then grabbed Hyde by the face mask, pulled him in close and yelled right in his face. 

I would recommend listening to Chris Brown tell it. I can’t remember his exact words, but I know he said it much better, and in more detail, than I just did. It’s right at the start of OBL today.

Brown sounded very impressed by Zay’s new attitude. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Zay Jones moving all over the place

Zay Jones took snaps on all three teams during practice after being forced to watch for the majority of camp while rehabbing a knee injury.

Jones looked to be moving well and after practice spoke to the media about his practice.

"I'm very focused," Jones said. "I have a vision and a mindset on things I want this football team to do and individually. ... I don't have to prove anything except to myself."

Jones said he was still competing well while being limited by wearing the red non-contact jersey, but he was glad to finally be a full part of practice.