Kim Pegula on a New Stadium: "I Don't Even Know If We Can Get There"

Just now, corta765 said:

First off Lambeau went under a massive massive reno that added seat, luxury boxes etc... the stadium is like brand new and gorgeous its at the levels with the top in the league. Second Soldier Field is just the name of the stadium, they actually built a new stadium on top of it and just kept the name. People say basically is like a spaceship landed on the old stadium.

The Bills stadium if you have ever been to an out of town stadium is dated as heck. The renovations have at least modernized it to make it decent but its far behind in modern amenities. I know everyone is obsessed with tailgating but its also the cause of families not going because of the drunks. You will still have drunks in a new stadium and still have tailgating but you will also have an easier time controlling the rowdiness and families may actually go before kids is 11 years old.

You’re bringing it in this thread, Corta.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

First off Lambeau went under a massive massive reno that added seat, luxury boxes etc... the stadium is like brand new and gorgeous its at the levels with the top in the league. Second Soldier Field is just the name of the stadium, they actually built a new stadium on top of it and just kept the name. People say basically is like a spaceship landed on the old stadium.

The Bills stadium if you have ever been to an out of town stadium is dated as heck. The renovations have at least modernized it to make it decent but its far behind in modern amenities. I know everyone is obsessed with tailgating but its also the cause of families not going because of the drunks. You will still have drunks in a new stadium and still have tailgating but you will also have an easier time controlling the rowdiness and families may actually go before kids is 11 years old.

so we need to spend 1.4 billion so kids don't see drunks ?   I grew up going to Yankees stadium , they kids will be fine        

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Living in Houston, where they have a somewhat new stadium, I must say, as nice as NRG is, its kinda bland. I don't hate it. It has more bells and whistles than the Ralph. But nothing unique about it.

that kind of the why situation at Met life too.   you can get a better snack but i was just as happy watching Bruce in the old place then as the new place 

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

With a new stadium, tickets are gonna go up to at least $50 per ticket. But yeah, lets do it for the families. 

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is just the opening salvo of a long dance between ownership and the various governmental players.  Best not to get too excited or agitated about statements like these - there is a long way to go.

In the meantime, Kim should focus on improving the fan experience as well as the product on the field.  Bills fans have shelled out hard-earned money for a horrible product for decades, well beyond what most fanbases would’ve put up with. Start winning some games and then maybe there will be a bigger appetite for ticket hikes and even maybe PSLs.

100%.

Goes like this:

-Openly say new stadium may not feasible

-Announce plans how new stadium may be in the works just need to review

-Announce stadium officially and plans and how it isn't a bind on the tax payers

-Gov. rejects some of the tax plans

-Team puts mild threats on viability without new stadium

-Both sides behind close doors find a meeting point. This is the most important part because this is where owners can screw over gov if the leadership isn't strong enough to hold ground on the right things (property tax, not allowing over runs in budget, reduction of gov services etc..). The Pegula's don't seem the type that would screw over people royally like Dan Snyder but you still need strong leadership not to give the farm.

-New stadium is agreed on and opens in 3 years BOOM!

• Like (+1) 4

It's a shame stadiums have to be nice now. The Ralph is great for watching football. I could care less about all the other amenities. I guess most people need more than just football at games now#firstworldproblems

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Naw its part of the political ploy to get money state wise. They start off making overtures like this that gather public support and then announce their plans etc.. And with due respect the Chargers matter squat to their area compared to the Bills in Buffalo. The people in SD had zero issue not approving the stadium plans.

The City no but they could have been successful with the County.   He wanted a downtown stadium or nothing at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You’re bringing it in this thread, Corta.

Thanks. I study stadium deals and creation unhealthy but I find them fascinating. This is the perfect time for the Bills to start the game given the lease is up in 6 years. I expect a new stadium announced at some point in 2019.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

that kind of the why situation at Met life too.   you can get a better snack but i was just as happy watching Bruce in the old place then as the new place 

I do all my eating and drinking while tailgating. Might get a popcorn and a coke or something inside. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think they are going to explore the possibility of making conference/convention center for the city as well.  That way the county and state would be chipping in.  How much they are willing to chip in is anyone's guess.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

It's a shame stadiums have to be nice now. The Ralph is great for watching football. I could care less about all the other amenities. I guess most people need more than just football at games now#firstworldproblems

Its one of the few stadiums left, (Lambeau, and Arrowhead to name a few) that cater to the everyday fan. Newer stadiums are built for corporate boxes, etc.

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

With a new stadium, tickets are gonna go up to at least $50 per ticket. But yeah, lets do it for the families. 

That's not true It truthfully depends on the type of stadium. If the Bills do a mix of SEA/PIT/DET/IND its about 400-500 million which won't kill ticket prices. You are correct if they do a Vikings/Falcons type billion dollar project.