77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

21 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

77% were right. McDermott was wrong

McDermott wasn't wrong.  He needed a sacrificial lamb to make it through week 4.  Peterman needs to be that guy.  Well maybe he was wrong in thinking Nate would make it that long.  But he wasn't wrong in selecting Peterman as the lamb.

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

McDermott wasn't wrong.  He needed a sacrificial lamb to make it through week 4.  Peterman needs to be that guy.  Well maybe he was wrong in thinking Nate would make it that long.  But he wasn't wrong in selecting Peterman as the lamb.

lol talk about denial.  

5 minutes ago, gridrick said:

lol talk about denial.  

Denial of what?  I'm no Peterman apologist and very far from it.  You can find several posts where I actually cautioned people to not buy into the preseason Peterman.  My point is that Peterman is the sacrifice.  They were probably hoping Nate could last longer than he did, but I definitely do not think that Peterman was ever in their long-term plans even for this season.  Again, he's the lamb led to the slaughter until they feel Allen is ready.  I've always viewed it this way, especially since they traded McCarron away.  Once they did that, my thinking was they are hoping Allen progresses pretty quickly.  They didn't think they would have to force him into starting duty in week 2.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think his stats tell the whole story. He was much much worse than his stats imply... hello ...hello... is this thing on... I'll show myself out. 

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Denial of what?  I'm no Peterman apologist and very far from it.  You can find several posts where I actually cautioned people to not buy into the preseason Peterman.  My point is that Peterman is the sacrifice.  They were probably hoping Nate could last longer than he did, but I definitely do not think that Peterman was ever in their long-term plans even for this season.  Again, he's the lamb led to the slaughter until they feel Allen is ready.  I've always viewed it this way, especially since they traded McCarron away.  Once they did that, my thinking was they are hoping Allen progresses pretty quickly, but not so quickly that they would have to throw him in as a starter in week 2.

I think "The preseason Peterman" needs to become an offical term here at TBD for any preseason hero who stinks in real games.  "That dude was a real preseason peterman".

Edited by Batman1876

52 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Denial of what?  I'm no Peterman apologist and very far from it.  You can find several posts where I actually cautioned people to not buy into the preseason Peterman.  My point is that Peterman is the sacrifice.  They were probably hoping Nate could last longer than he did, but I definitely do not think that Peterman was ever in their long-term plans even for this season.  Again, he's the lamb led to the slaughter until they feel Allen is ready.  I've always viewed it this way, especially since they traded McCarron away.  Once they did that, my thinking was they are hoping Allen progresses pretty quickly.  They didn't think they would have to force him into starting duty in week 2.

Stupid thinking

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not saying this is what I want to see happen, but I think McDermott will stick with Nate.

I do to, until they think that Allen is ready Peterman, for good or bad, is the sacrificial lamb.

44 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Stupid thinking

What?  Thinking Peterman is the sacrifice is stupid thinking?  It might be unfounded, but I think we can deduce from particular transactions that that's exactly what this is.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

I do to, until they think that Allen is ready Peterman, for good or bad, is the sacrificial lamb.

What?  Thinking Peterman is the sacrifice is stupid thinking?  It might be unfounded, but I think we can deduce from particular transactions that that's exactly what this is.

Nope you are wrong.

...McCarron as expected did not do much in his last pre-season start post injury......but what was the rush to trade him for a pick anyway NOW?........not by any means saying he was or would have been the answer anyway in yesterday's slaughter, but a rush to judgment for a HIGHLY coveted 5th round pick?.....seriously?......

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

just let this thread die, damnit!

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The OP is free to lock this anytime he chooses.  

All it takes is a “report” to a mod of self deletion/ closing 

Eh, people are still talking about it. 

Mods are free to do what they will and lock it down at any point, but I think the fact that so many of us were basing our opinions on who would win the QB competition on who should win the QB competition have some vindication at this point makes this conversation quite relevant as we start our season.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Mods are free to do what they will and lock it down at any point, but I think the fact that so many of us were basing our opinions on who would win the QB competition on who should win the QB competition have some vindication at this point makes this conversation quite relevant as we start our season.

I feel vindicated because I promised Peterman would suck. That doesn’t make me happy though. It’s kind of like being found not guilty of a crime you didn’t commit. You still had to suffer through the trial (or in this case Peterman). This dumpster fire was predictable. Now, let’s just do what we need to do and hand the keys to the guy with a chance. Let’s pray that he’s the guy.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They won’t unless it goes way off the rails or the OP sends them some sort of message. 

That is you 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They won’t unless it goes way off the rails or the OP sends them some sort of message. 

That is you 

if the OP hadn't resurrected it continually, it would have died it's natural death. everytime it threated to slip into oblivion, the OP had to resurect it with a article that was already posted elsewhere on the forum.

I'm under the impression the entire offense is trash. Allen will most likely start now so maybe the Wrs will get open and the O-Line won't jump offsides all game. Hopefully Shady can break a run without holding penalties attached. 

Hopefully the punter doesn't fumble a punt and maybe the defense won't leave guys wide open by a mile and a half.

Who knows maybe Daboll doesn't look like a Rick Dennison clone with his game plan to straight suck. Hopefully Allen is the keys to make everyone do thier jobs because we all know Peterman couldn't.

I think everyone on the O-LINE took a turn jumping offsides. I hope Allen is the guy that makes the entire picture not blow chunks.  

On to the Chargers yucksters. 

Edited by Lfod

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I feel vindicated because I promised Peterman would suck. That doesn’t make me happy though. It’s kind of like being found not guilty of a crime you didn’t commit. You still had to suffer through the trial (or in this case Peterman). This dumpster fire was predictable. Now, let’s just do what we need to do and hand the keys to the guy with a chance. Let’s pray that he’s the guy.

Clearly you were just being a "hater" :lol:

The OP ALSO claimed this thread would auto lock on Sept 8.  

I guess we didn’t see the year was 2019 

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if the OP hadn't resurrected it continually, it would have died it's natural death. everytime it threated to slip into oblivion, the OP had to resurect it with a article that was already posted elsewhere on the forum.