Reagan Was My Hero And Trump Is His Clone (Somewhat)

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

“America represents something universal in the human spirit. I received a letter not long ago from a man who said, ‘You can go to Japan to live, but you cannot become Japanese. You can go to France to live and not become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany or Turkey, and you won’t become a German or a Turk.’ But then he added, ‘Anybody from any corner of the world can come to America to live and become an American.’ ”

yes, but one should do so legally.

11 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Why do you want more immigrants? Lay it on me. Is our population insufficient to the point we need to bring people in? Any type of immigrant in particular? Low skills or high skills?

From his perspective, everybody's high skills.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

And who should immigrate? 

People who are more interested (and capable) of improving our country and society than they are in simply trying to recreate their shithole country in our back yard.

17 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

People who are more interested (and capable) of improving our country and society than they are in simply trying to recreate their shithole country in our back yard.

I agree, but something tells me Tibs has a color spectrum in mind. 

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
13 minutes ago, ALF said:

What I liked about Reagan he was on good terms with Tip O'Neill , Speaker of the House , that's  how to get things done.

Back in the 80's, when you could just walk into the Capitol building and roam around, I was looking at some mural or whatnot and when I turned to leave I banged right into a rather large gentleman hurrying down the corridor.  Tip.

No courtesies were exchanged, he was moving too fast.

😃 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Back in the 80's, when you could just walk into the Capitol building and roam around, I was looking at some mural or whatnot and when I turned to leave I banged right into a rather large gentleman hurrying down the corridor.  Tip.

😃

I still have access! 

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

😃

You were assaulted by Tip O'Neil. Get some. 

• Haha (+1) 1