Summer Concert Roll Call

billsfanmiami(oh)

5 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

They put on a fun show. Nothing computerized. Nothing but four guys, granted with two synths when they get into the later stuff, for obvious reasons. One of the best tribute bands I've ever seen. 

I thought this was the band you saw.  I watched some of a concert of theirs on PBS and I was very impressed.  Taking my son.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I thought this was the band you saw.  I watched some of a concert of theirs on PBS and I was very impressed.  Taking my son.

Yeah it's great. They even have an "Ed Sullivan" impersonator that comes and entertains the crowd during costume changes so its a nonstop show.

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Going to see Kenny Wayne Shepard and Beth Hart in July.

Can't wait to see Beth Hart.  I routinely check her tour schedule and Joe Bonamassa's to see if they are ever going to be anywhere together or close by to possibly see them together but I saw him last summer and will settle for her this summer.

Are you going to Palace Theater?  I'm gonna make the trip to Buffalo and see the show for $5 lol 

1 minute ago, section122 said:

Can't wait to see Beth Hart.  I routinely check her tour schedule and Joe Bonamassa's to see if they are ever going to be anywhere together or close by to possibly see them together but I saw him last summer and will settle for her this summer.

Are you going to Palace Theater?  I'm gonna make the trip to Buffalo and see the show for $5 lol 

Yes, I'll be at the Palace show.  May favorite place to see a concert.

1 hour ago, section122 said:

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yes, I'll be at the Palace show.  May favorite place to see a concert.

I'll be there also.  Big fan of both artists.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:17 AM, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Sweet baby Jesus...If anyone around here is a Tool fan, they absolutely killed it tonight. I’ve seen them twice before tonight and it was just jaw droppingly amazing. Unreal...crowd was amazing too 

Tool is definitely an experience. I've seen them a few times but not in a while. Hopefully they tour the new album a bunch next year and I can catch them somewhere.

So far what is planned for me this summer:

Steely Dan / Doobie Brothers

Weezer / Pixies

Black Label Society / Corrosion of Conformity

Slayer / Lamb of God / Anthrax / Testament / Napalm Death

Live / Counting Crows (two separate free shows at NYS fair on the same day)

Luke Bryan

Ozzy / Stone Sour

From this thread sounds like there will be a few of you at the same Lakeview versions of some of these shows. Great venue for any Buffalo people who haven't made the drive to Syracuse for it yet.

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Is that the Beth Hart show with Kenny Wayne Sheppard? That is going to be a great show.

41 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

26 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

From this thread sounds like there will be a few of you at the same Lakeview versions of some of these shows. Great venue for any Buffalo people who haven't made the drive to Syracuse for it yet.

Is that the Beth Hart show with Kenny Wayne Sheppard? That is going to be a great show.

Yeah Kenny Wayne Shepard was a welcome surprise.  I would drive 2 hours to only pay $5 to see Beth Hart lol.  Her voice just hits a chord with me.  Sister Heroine, I'll Leave the Light On, and Am I the One, and almost anything with her and Joe Bonamassa are those music experiences that I don't know how to describe.  Raw.  I can't wait!

It's funny @Metal Man I'm about 20 minutes from Lakeview Amphitheater and I'm headed to Buffalo twice to see some shows at Canalside lol.  It (Lakeview) is a great venue but if anyone goes pay the extra few dollars for VIP parking.  You get your own exit and none of the ridiculous (and it is ridiculous there) traffic after the show.  It's $10 for regular parking and $25-$30 for VIP.  From experience spend the few dollars!

Now I need the same kind of tips for Canalside lol.  This will be my first venture out there.  Does the music start right at 5 and end promptly at 10?  How is parking close by?  How is leaving after the show?  Any help would be much appreciated!

edit:  Just saw that you are Liverpool lol I'm not telling you nothing you don't know

Edited by section122

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

I'm going with 5 other guys.  We'll be pre and post gaming.  I'm spending the night in Albany.  Would be great to have a beer or 7.

Since most of the music I like, the artists are dead, retired, no longer any good, I go see a lot of tribute bands. Starting Saturday, and going till that next Saturday I'm going to

Saturday - Johnny Cash Tribute

Sunday- Willie Nelson/Sturgil Simpson, and a whole bunch of other relatively unknown country artists.

Tuesday - Chubby Checker is putting on a free show

Saturday- Eagles tribute with Journey opener at House of Blues.

14 hours ago, section122 said:

Yeah Kenny Wayne Shepard was a welcome surprise.  I would drive 2 hours to only pay $5 to see Beth Hart lol.  Her voice just hits a chord with me.  Sister Heroine, I'll Leave the Light On, and Am I the One, and almost anything with her and Joe Bonamassa are those music experiences that I don't know how to describe.  Raw.  I can't wait!

It's funny @Metal Man I'm about 20 minutes from Lakeview Amphitheater and I'm headed to Buffalo twice to see some shows at Canalside lol.  It (Lakeview) is a great venue but if anyone goes pay the extra few dollars for VIP parking.  You get your own exit and none of the ridiculous (and it is ridiculous there) traffic after the show.  It's $10 for regular parking and $25-$30 for VIP.  From experience spend the few dollars!

Now I need the same kind of tips for Canalside lol.  This will be my first venture out there.  Does the music start right at 5 and end promptly at 10?  How is parking close by?  How is leaving after the show?  Any help would be much appreciated!

edit:  Just saw that you are Liverpool lol I'm not telling you nothing you don't know

Hopefully it is better once they reconfigure the upper lot so there is a second exit but until then Lakeview definitely requires a strategy for parking. I haven't tried the VIP parking yet but I have some friends who do that each time. We usually park in the lower lot and take the shuttle up. Sometimes you have to wait a bit to get the shuttle after the show but driving out from down there is very easy. I heard that for this summer the lower lots won't be open for shows that are drawing smaller crowds so I will probably try the VIP parking in those cases.

Canalside became a thing after I moved out of the Buffalo area so I don't have a lot of recent info for you. The few times I went down there though the parking didn't seem to be an issue at all seeing there is a ton around that area for the Sabres games and getting out of downtown usually isn't that hard as there are a couple paths you can take to get back to 90. (190 or 33).

Hopefully someone who has frequented canalside more often can give you some more detailed advice.

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm going with 5 other guys.  We'll be pre and post gaming.  I'm spending the night in Albany.  Would be great to have a beer or 7.

That can certainly be arranged.  I have friends at several bars right near the palace so I could probably snag a reserved table.

• Like (+1) 1

On my way to the Gorge Amphitheater in a couple days for Dead and Co and then to Eugene. Have not seen this lineup yet but looking forward to it and seeing a lot of old friends.??

Next to Or. coast for my band's annual 4th of July gig, then 2 String Cheese shows and the Oregon Country Fair. Good start to the summer.☺

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2018 at 6:47 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Tuesday - Chubby Checker is putting on a free show

Chubby is only 76. I thought he was much older. 

While looking up his age, I came across a lawsuit he recently settled against HP for their. penis measuring app, the ‘Chubby Checker’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jul/25/chubby-checker-penis-measurement-app-lawsuit-hewlett-packard

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

While looking up his age, I came across a lawsuit he recently settled against HP for their. penis measuring app, the ‘Chubby Checker’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jul/25/chubby-checker-penis-measurement-app-lawsuit-hewlett-packard

This deserves its own thread.  Seriously.

14 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Honestly, until I saw the concert listing, I didn't even know he was still alive. But yeah, I assumed he would be about ten years older than he is. Since he only has three hits that are known by most people, most of his concerts consist of other 50s rock songs. Little Richard, Fats Domino, Jerry lee, etc. He apperently still has the same energy as ever, and the price is right. 

Last night was an interesting one...

Went to Canalside and watched Big Something.  First the venue is beautiful, more family friendly than I expected, and a great atmosphere.  I actually got to meet the band after the show which was really cool.  Love listening to these guys.

Umphrey's McGee came out after and we watched them play almost an entire set then we set out for Rochester's party in the park.  Made it there about 8:40 in time to catch Pigeons Playing Ping Pong.  They put on a fantastic show.  Atmosphere there was incredible.

2 venues, an hour apart, 3 bands, what a great night of music!

• Like (+1) 1

Taking full advantage of having Red Rocks around the corner, going to 2 x Tedeschi Trucks Band, Old Crow Medicine Show, Gov't Mule, and Rodrigo y Gabriela.  

Also I'll probably feel a little out of place, but I managed to get a ticket to Bruno Mars at the Pepsi Center - I don't like all his songs but dig when he channels James Brown in songs like 'Perm'

• Like (+1) 1

Went to the Outlaw Music Festival yesterday (lineup below). The opening acts were all great. I've known Sturgil Simpson for a while, but never really heard of the rest of them, Except Lukas Nelson, and that's just because of who his dad is. They were all great. Sturgil was phenomenal. Ryan Bingham was a mixed bag of country, blues, rock, and even threw in a traditional Mexican song on Spanish guitar. Country music isn't dead, they just don't play the good stuff on the radio. All these bands have the talent, but they don't sing about drinking Bud Light on a tractor with muddy country girls, so they're not gonna get the airplay they deserve anytime soon. 

But Willie was disappointing. He plays guitar as well as he ever did, but he can't sing anymore. He only played for about 55 minutes. He didn't play Always on my Mind, or Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain. He relied a lot on the "Now you sing it" trick, and spoke about 85% of the lyrics. Relied on the talent of his band, who I have to say was great. I love Willie Nelson. He's a hero of mine, and a living legend. But he just doesn't have it anymore. I've seen concerts where the performer just didn't care. This wasn't the case. Willie put his heart and soul and everything he had to put on the best show he could. He just doesn't have it anymore. It was sad to watch him go out like that.

• Particle Kid
  • Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real
  • The Wild Feathers 
  • Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians
  • Ryan Bingham
  • The Head & The Heart
  • Sturgil Simpson
  • Willie Nelson

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Went to the Outlaw Music Festival yesterday (lineup below). The opening acts were all great. I've known Sturgil Simpson for a while, but never really heard of the rest of them, Except Lukas Nelson, and that's just because of who his dad is. They were all great. Sturgil was phenomenal. Ryan Bingham was a mixed bag of country, blues, rock, and even threw in a traditional Mexican song on Spanish guitar. Country music isn't dead, they just don't play the good stuff on the radio. All these bands have the talent, but they don't sing about drinking Bud Light on a tractor with muddy country girls, so they're not gonna get the airplay they deserve anytime soon. 

But Willie was disappointing. He plays guitar as well as he ever did, but he can't sing anymore. He only played for about 55 minutes. He didn't play Always on my Mind, or Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain. He relied a lot on the "Now you sing it" trick, and spoke about 85% of the lyrics. Relied on the talent of his band, who I have to say was great. I love Willie Nelson. He's a hero of mine, and a living legend. But he just doesn't have it anymore. I've seen concerts where the performer just didn't care. This wasn't the case. Willie put his heart and soul and everything he had to put on the best show he could. He just doesn't have it anymore. It was sad to watch him go out like that.

• Particle Kid
  • Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real
  • The Wild Feathers 
  • Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians
  • Ryan Bingham
  • The Head & The Heart
  • Sturgil Simpson
  • Willie Nelson

I hope you paid less than $50.

next time you go to a Live Nation event by cheapest tickets on StubHub in the yard and then do upgrades on LNexperience.com. You saw my seats, I paid less than 40 bucks for both seats

----

Was going on go see Imagine Dragons but they are not playing anything good. No Demons, no Thunder.  Just radioactive.   Lame

Chicago is with REO Speedwagon and only playing new ****. Not one Chicago song I recognize.  Pathetic.  REO is playing their hits.

But I've added Marilyn Manson and Chvrches to the list.

Before any purchase I check out set lists and only buy tickets to events the day of and save hundreds and use secret methods to upgrade. 

Edited by Boyst62

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.