Simple, honest question?????

Was FOX as tough on Obama as the rest of MSM is on Trump?

To be honest, politics was a COMPLETE  bore for me before Trump. Love him or hate him, Trump is hardly a bore.

Again, was FOX every bit as bad to Obama or am I over exaggerating it?

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

To be honest, politics was a COMPLETE  bore for me before Trump. Love him or hate him, Trump is hardly a bore.

My advice is to stop measuring gradients of propaganda, and reject outlets that propagandize.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Who knows?  Who the hell watches Fox?

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It was over the top critical of Obama which is why anybody with half a brain didn't watch.  Kind of like CNN and MSNBC right now.

I disagree. Fox always had it out for Obama, that's for sure, but it was more ideological than it was partisan, and they didn't have routine on-air meltdowns like MSNBC and CNN are having now over Trump. Those two networks are too deeply invested in the narrative, so they're locked into gunning for Trump strictly because he's president.

Again, Fox hammered Obama day in and day out, but it was always over stuff like Obamacare, taxes, and the typical leftist/liberal democrat agenda that Fox viewers routinely eschew.

What CNN, MSNBC, all the broadcast networks, the NYT, WaPo, etc, etc, etc are engaging in is much more of a desperate attempt at character assassination and leftist propaganda, and they do so at the peril of their own credibility. I believe that the time will come where the willing surrender of their integrity will ultimately be their demise, as they continue to sacrifice objectivity for sales.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Azalin said:

I disagree. Fox always had it out for Obama, that's for sure, but it was more ideological than it was partisan, and they didn't have routine on-air meltdowns like MSNBC and CNN are having now over Trump. Those two networks are too deeply invested in the narrative, so they're locked into gunning for Trump strictly because he's president.

Again, Fox hammered Obama day in and day out, but it was always over stuff like Obamacare, taxes, and the typical leftist/liberal democrat agenda that Fox viewers routinely eschew.

What CNN, MSNBC, all the broadcast networks, the NYT, WaPo, etc, etc, etc are engaging in is much more of a desperate attempt at character assassination and leftist propaganda, and they do so at the peril of their own credibility. I believe that the time will come where the willing surrender of their integrity will ultimately be their demise, as they continue to sacrifice objectivity for sales.

Agreed

Obama would do an Executive Order, sign Obamacare, or move on some other part of the Left Wing agenda to which Fox would respond.  The MSM would then turn around and call Fox Raysis

Trump may do a summit with North Korea.  Fox spins it as Trump ending the Korean War.  The MSM responds with a piece on Stormy Daniels

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Don't forget  radio like Rush Limbaugh , Michael Savage and a lot more against Obama.

Conservative talk radio is just that. Limbaugh and the like make no bones about their ideology, and they don't try to pretend that they're news outlets dispensing unbiased information. Despite their obvious slant to the right, Fox is still a news organization whose hard news is largely straight down the middle. Talk radio is not in the business of being "fair" - most are little more than hyperbolic rants aimed at a specific audience for purposes of generating advertising revenue.

the question is how much does it sway opinion?

do people watch an "opposing view" with the intention of learning or possibly being influenced?

I say no.

i have to go out of my way to get to Rush or Fox, CNN is on all around me in shopping malls and airports.

Fox News harassed Barry every chance that they got.   

The issie is that the twitt in chief can’t STFU on social networks.  

If you say and do stupid crap every day you should expect to be called out.  

Lets ask a hypothetical question. 

If Shillary were elected and pulled this crap how long do you think it would have been before the majority filed for impeachment??

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If Shillary were elected and pulled this crap how long do you think it would have been before the majority filed for impeachment??

So saying things you personally disagree with on social media is an impeachable offense?

• Like (+1) 2

There were zero impeachment threats on any President between Ford and Obama 

10,000 completely frivolous impeachment calls have been made by the media and Dems since Trump won, about as sick as false accusations of rape or murder

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How do you not yet understand that 45's constant presence on twitter is an end-run around a hostile media that mischaracterizes and misquotes him on a routine basis? That he also uses it to keep would-be opponents off balance? If you buy into everything he posts on twitter, then you're letting him manipulate you.

With regard to your impeachment question, what has Trump done, in your opinion, that merits impeachment?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Azalin said:

With regard to your impeachment question, what has Trump done, in your opinion, that merits impeachment?

He's a raysis Russian colluderer that had sex with a pron star, he allows kids to die in schools, he somehow destroyed the environment in 2100, and his name isn't Hillary Clinton.

#impeach #resist #nevertrump

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1