Am I the only one who has confidence in our WR's?

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You and Teddy are one of the same. Try adding some insightful takes to the board.??

Here's some insight for you.  If you're a pot, don't call the kettle black.  You are one of the most consistently negative people on this board.  Try looking at things objectively for a change. 

Take the WR position.  Are they great?  No.  At they as horrible as some would suggest?  No.  Benjamin is good.  Kerlan has been in the league a long time; you don't hang that long if you don't have ability.  Not an All Pro by any means but a contributor.  Jones was highly regarded coming out, was hurt last year, and many rookies take a while to figure out the WR position.  You have a GM that finds guys lurking in the shadows; Thompson last year made a lot of important plays and the June 1 cuts are around the corner.  and you have a new QB and new OC that hopefully can use the assets they have at WR more productively than in the past.

Above all, it would be enormously helpful around here if people would actually et guys get on the field and play, as oppose to pronouncing them as horrible before actually watching them.  As you are prone to do.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You and Teddy are one of the same. Try adding some insightful takes to the board.??

Says the genius who calls the board racist for not loving the 3 point playoff qb. 

You’ve struck out already.   Go sit back down.  

Every time we have the receiver conversation I bring up this clip. Can anyone tell me the Bills receiver that can make this play? Shady is the only guy that I can think of. This play almost won his team the game. We don’t have any receivers that can make a play. That is a problem and why they are bad. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

As a duo, Woods and Watkins produced almost identically per game to their previous years here. The only difference was their roles flipped. And yes, it's fair to look at them as a duo because when they're on the field on any given play only 1 of them can get the ball thrown to them.

Let's look at 2015 (their first year with Tyrod) vs 2017 (their first year with Goff)

2015:

27 Combined Games (13 for Watkins, 14 for Woods)

176 Targets (96 for Watkins, 80 for Woods)

107 Catches (60 for Watkins, 47 for Woods)

1,599 Yards (1,047 for Watkins, 552 for Woods)

12 TDs (9 for Watkins, 3 for Woods)

2017:

27 Combined Games (15 for Watkins, 12 for Woods)

155 Targets (85 for Woods, 70 for Watkins)

95 Catches (56 for Woods, 39 for Watkins)

1,374 Yards (781 for Woods, 593 for Watkins)

13 TDs (8 for Watkins, 5 for Woods)

So was it really that amazing that in the same number of combined games played the duo got 12 fewer catches for 225 fewer yards, but 1 more TD?

Dont post the facts. It does not fit the narrative. Our WR's are awesome and Tyrod just sucked. 

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You could use some objectivity yourself. AS OF RIGHT NOW, the Bills are probably a bottom 3 group at the WR position. What is false about that statement? What is so negative about that take? BASED ON THE WR TALENT on the roster, it's a bad unit from what we've seen at out of these guys so far.

Why do people get their panties in a bunch over FACTS?

Jones was AWFUL last year. Yea he was a rookie and a 2nd round pick(which is why he will make the team) with potential and needs to step up big time for the Bills to have even an average group of WR's. 

Its possible one of the late round picks or UDFA WRs could emerge as a good WR, but what are the chances of that based on the history of the league?

You have absolutely no concept of what a fact is vs. an opinion.  It's sad.

47 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Ryan do you ever make a post on this board that does not involve TT in any way?

This is a serious question

My name isn’t Ryan and this thread isn’t about  Taylor.     

Its about the wide receivers who will fare better once we don’t have a terrible qb who ranks 31st in passing yards 

[]

Call up Marquise Goodwin.   He can enlighten you. 

Look what happens when you have balls to pass to KB 

200w.gif

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Based on the FACTS of the NFL careers of the performance of this current WR group as a whole up until this point it is a BAD GROUP. 

What aren't you comprehending? 

You don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion. It's sad.?

So do you have actual data on each guy, in the same offense, with the same QB, and controlling a host of other variables?  No.  You don't.  So your "facts" are simply your opinion, and I don't know if it's more funny or sad that you can't get that.

I have mentioned this several times around here, but the misuse of data on this board and on various blogs and sites written by guys without a clue, has reached epidemic proportions.  You want to claim as fact our WRs are bad.  But without taking into account the multiple variables that could influence that (such as those I mentioned above like Jones' injury, the quality of the QB, the offense run) it becomes extraordinarily difficult to state as fact that player A is truly better than player B.

Are some receivers better than others?  Yes.  Are some better than others because of the other things that add into the equation?  Yes.  I love my boy Andre Reed, HOFer and well deserved.  But would he have been as good if he was not playing in the K Gun with Jimbo? 

I said in my first post that our WRs are not as good as we want but not as bad as we think.  Opinion.  Of course that pales in the face of your "facts" but I guess I'll just have to live with it.

39 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

My name isn’t Ryan and this thread isn’t about  Taylor.     

Its about the wide receivers who will fare better once we don’t have a terrible qb who ranks 31st in passing yards 

[..]

Call up Marquise Goodwin.   He can enlighten you. 

Look what happens when you have balls to pass to KB 

200w.gif

You keep telling yourself that you dont bring out our former qb with every post you make if that makes you feel better.

You are not reading what you are writing.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You keep telling yourself that you dont bring out our former qb with every post you make if that makes you feel better.

You are not reading what you are writing.

Enjoy the Browns games with Scott, both of you being zero to the board anyways 

Ill be watching KB, Zay, and Kerley (the topic of the thread) 

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Enjoy the Browns games with Scott, both of you being zero to the board anyways 

Ill be watching KB, Zay, and Kerley (the topic of the thread) 

Some solid teddy on here today.