More wins in 2018, Browns or Bills?

More wins in 2018? Browns or Bills?   

252 members have voted

1. 1. More wins in 2018?

• Browns
    • Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 05:42 PM

On 5/14/2018 at 9:56 AM, dma0034 said:

I'll say Bills because you can't bet on the Browns

No money involved=Browns.

16 hours ago, Augie said:

He doesn’t need too much free time on his hands. 

Said much the same thing to my wife the other day. I fear for him, and those around him, unless he gets help.

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

It's not last year. No, I don't think fans know what Tyrod Taylor is. They will find out the hard way this season. 

What do you think Taylor is?  Do you think Taylor is capable of being the quarterback for a Super Bowl team?

Honest questions. I will respect your opinion.

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

What do you think Taylor is?  Do you think Taylor is capable of being the quarterback for a Super Bowl team?

Honest questions. I will respect your opinion.

No. To me he's a QB that won't win or lose you games. The Browns can build an offense based on big plays and few turnovers. Basically what the Bills were when Greg Roman was OC. They will score points. Rank around 10th overall. They won't turn the football over. If their defense can be top 20 in points allowed they will easily finish around 8 wins or even more. 

10 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

No. To me he's a QB that won't win or lose you games. The Browns can build an offense based on big plays and few turnovers. Basically what the Bills were when Greg Roman was OC. They will score points. Rank around 10th overall. They won't turn the football over. If their defense can be top 20 in points allowed they will easily finish around 8 wins or even more. 

Fair and I can agree with that opinion on Taylor.

I just don’t see the Browns winning 8 games. I think McDermott and Beane agree with you about Taylor as well. 

2018 NFL Over-Under Win Totals: Browns poised to be an AFC wild-card contender

There's no sugarcoating 2017 for the Browns: it was an egg. A literal one, too, with a goose egg popping up in the loss column thanks to the Browns failure to win a single game all year long. The most impressive part about the whole thing was Hue Jackson, who has never won a game for the Browns on a Sunday, managed to keep his job after going a combined 1-31 in two seasons with Cleveland.

Make no mistake, though: this is John Dorsey's team now and his fingerprints are all over the place. Starting with the quarterback room, which will look very different from last year. There is finally a veteran in place (Tyrod Taylor, acquired via trade this offseason) to give the roster a higher floor. Baker Mayfield, taken No. 1 overall, will be his primary competition and it could get pretty heated this offseason. Don't be surprised if Baker starts early.

I still love how some people are so quick to buy into a team going from 1-15 to 0-16 suddenly becoming playoff contenders after a few "sexy" off-season acquisitions while still under the same head coach.  Isn't this the same thing I've heard about the Browns the last two years?  And how did that work out for them?  Do you really expect them to go "zero-to-hero"?

Going from zero wins to 4-6 wins would be an accomplishment, a solid season.  7-8 wins would be a stunning turnaround.  9+ would be a miracle.  I do see the Browns contending for a playoff spot...the season after this one.

23 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I still love how some people are so quick to buy into a team going from 1-15 to 0-16 suddenly becoming playoff contenders after a few "sexy" off-season acquisitions while still under the same head coach.  Isn't this the same thing I've heard about the Browns the last two years?  And how did that work out for them?  Do you really expect them to go "zero-to-hero"?

Going from zero wins to 4-6 wins would be an accomplishment, a solid season.  7-8 wins would be a stunning turnaround.  9+ would be a miracle.  I do see the Browns contending for a playoff spot...the season after this one.

Its happened before, Miami went from 1-15 to 11-5 in 2007 to 2008

I think the biggest difference with the browns this year is at quarterback. They have a guy this year that won't lose a game with turnovers.

I think they will look a lot like the past few years bills teams. Now is hue Jackson better or worse than rex Ryan? 

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

It’s just a different team. The 2018 Browns look nothing like the 2017 Browns. 

QB - They turned Kizer into Tyrod and Baker.

DB - They added Gaines, Randall and Ward.

WR- They have a healthy Gordon and added Landry.

OL- They added Corbett and Hubbard.

RB- They added Hyde and Chubb.

LB- They added Kendricks

They are pretty much better everywhere. Usually when a team goes through a transition phase they improve in some areas and get worse in others. The Browns are better across the board.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s just a different team. The 2018 Browns look nothing like the 2017 Browns. 

QB - They turned Kizer into Tyrod and Baker.

DB - They added Gaines, Randall and Ward.

WR- They have a healthy Gordon and added Landry.

OL- They added Corbett and Hubbard.

RB- They added Hyde and Chubb.

LB- They added Kendricks

They are pretty much better everywhere. Usually when a team goes through a transition phase they improve in some areas and get worse in others. The Browns are better across the board.

Which is another area of concern.  You add that many players, it takes time for everyone to gel.  That's why I see them as a force in 2019, not 2018.  Drastic, one year turnarounds are incredibly rare.  I won't pull a Rodak and say it can't happen.  All I'm saying is that in my opinion it's all a bit premature, wishful thinking.  The Browns are a 1-31 team until they show they're not.  People seem ready to christen them a legitimate threat in the AFC already based solely on offseason moves.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Which is another area of concern.  You add that many players, it takes time for everyone to gel.  That's why I see them as a force in 2019, not 2018.  Drastic, one year turnarounds are incredibly rare.  I won't pull a Rodak and say it can't happen.  All I'm saying is that in my opinion it's all a bit premature, wishful thinking.  The Browns are a 1-31 team until they show they're not.  People seem ready to christen them a legitimate threat in the AFC already based solely on offseason moves.

The bold is where we disagree. Less than half of the guys that started on those 1-31 teams are starting now. Every year is a different year and a different team. The 2016 Browns record has absolutely no impact on the 2018 Browns record. In the same manner the 2016 Eagles record has no effect on the 2017 Eagles.

I’m not saying that the Browns are a Super Bowl contender. I think that they win 8 games. I don’t think that the Bills win 8. By 2019 though, both teams have a chance to be threats in their division (if the rookie QBs can play). IMO, the Browns are further along than the Bills though. They are better at OL, QB, WR, pass rush, and LB. The Bills should be better at DB and RB but the Browns are good there as well. The Bills have better coaching and should have a more stout run defense.

Again though, they are a year ahead in their rebuild. They had the cap space and a ton of picks. The Bills had picks but not a lot of cap space. By next year the roster should be pretty stacked.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The bold is where we disagree. Less than half of the guys that started on those 1-31 teams are starting now. Every year is a different year and a different team. The 2016 Browns record has absolutely no impact on the 2018 Browns record. In the same manner the 2016 Eagles record has no effect on the 2017 Eagles.

I’m not saying that the Browns are a Super Bowl contender. I think that they win 8 games. I don’t think that the Bills win 8. By 2019 though, both teams have a chance to be threats in their division (if the rookie QBs can play). IMO, the Browns are further along than the Bills though. They are better at OL, QB, WR, pass rush, and LB. The Bills should be better at DB and RB but the Browns are good there as well. The Bills have better coaching and should have a more stout run defense.

Again though, they are a year ahead in their rebuild. They had the cap space and a ton of picks. The Bills had picks but not a lot of cap space. By next year the roster should be pretty stacked.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Time will tell which of us was right.  This is going to be a fun thread to revisit halfway into the season.  I have never seen anyone, nonetheless so many people, pick an 0-16 team to win 8+ games the following season.

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Time will tell which of us was right.  This is going to be a fun thread to revisit halfway into the season.  I have never seen anyone, nonetheless so many people, pick an 0-16 team to win 8+ games the following season.

Tell me the last team to turn over their roster like that? Thinking about the 2018 Browns like the 2017 or 2016 Browns is crazy. They are TOTALLY different. Hue Jackson is the only thing that’s the same. They have a lot of young talent and now a lot of experienced upgrades. They are literally better at every single position group than a year ago. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Tell me the last team to turn over their roster like that? Thinking about the 2018 Browns like the 2017 or 2016 Browns is crazy. They are TOTALLY different. Hue Jackson is the only thing that’s the same. They have a lot of young talent and now a lot of experienced upgrades. They are literally better at every single position group than a year ago. 

The Jags.

The Browns followed the Jags formula.  Be bad for awhile, accumulate young stars and prospects, then make some FA and trade splashes to make the leap.

Something the Bills should've done years ago.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1