Gregg Rosenthal: AFC East Projected Starters

On 5/7/2018 at 3:55 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I feel like they have Bodine plugged in at center.

Groy is super valuable wherever he will line up but I feel they signed Bodine to start

i would rather groy at guard than vlad.  isn't lg miller's natural position?

On 5/7/2018 at 4:32 PM, TheTruthHurts said:

That's dumb. Makes zero sense. I would feel much better about Josh Allen if he could sit behind someone like Tyrod for 2 years. Hopefully McCarron can fill that role, we just don't know.

I would not want Josh Allen sitting behind TT at all for any length of time.  Their gameplay is to different and TT does not read the field and throw guys open.  Therefore what is Josh going to learn - the offense would be stagnant.

Plus TT was on his last year - so you would be paying 16 million for one last year - rather than 10 million to AJ for 2 years and he is a more comparable fit to Allen.

In terms of wins and losses - TT might be better than AJ - we won’t know that for a bit, but to help Josh grow - I do not want TT anywhere near him.

On 5/7/2018 at 4:00 PM, jahnyc said:

The roster is being completely remade and they are only about half-way through that process.  The defense appears upgraded and the offense seems to have lost talent overall without finding equivalent or better replacements.  I assume the plan next offseason will be to upgrade the offense with free agent acquisition and draft picks.  I think our offense will be our weak spot this season (and it may be very weak).

this is what i don't get. what did we lose?....ok, a great lg who was probably only gonna be here 1 more year...and apparently, last i checked was retired by his own words. we lost an average center and with bodine being younger, i'll call that a wash.

we lost deonte thompson which sucks, but, well it was deonte thompson.  ok, who am i forgetting that we lost that will send our offense backwards? tyrod..no   tolbert?...no  dennison?....no....which reminds me...

we have a new oc that has spent quite a bit of time with belichek, just oc'd a college championship (with i believe, a fast wr named foster).. and seems like a bright younger guy who will scheme to his players and not the other way around. i'd feel safe to say he is better than rico.

i'd also like to note that our wrs should be 100% healthy, not to mention, we didn't start out with kb last year.

we also have a qb who is capable of resembling an actual nfl qb so, i'll call that a plus. so again i ask what did we lose on offense that has supposedly sent us into the abyss?

Edited by billsredneck1

Our defense looks really really good, yes we're hurting at the LB position still, but the depth we have on the defensive line and secondary is scary. 

Our offense needs work.  Our offensive line isn't impressive nor is our receiving team.

The defense gets me excited.  The offense will give me nightmares.  At least I don't have to watch Tyrod play anymore.

On 5/7/2018 at 2:51 PM, I'm Spartacus said:

Ryan Groy should be in there as a starter (center or guard).

Yeah, I understand how he reached that conclusion but I'm not sure that's how the Bills see it.

I think Beane, anyway, thinks that Wyatt Teller could be in the mix for a starting job if he "turns his light on".

What does anyone know about Adam Redmond (C, 1 yr), Connor McDermott (OT, 2 yr), James Josh (OT, 1 yr) and De'Ondre Wesley (OT, 3 yr)?

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

That O-Line has train wreck written all over it.

I'm worried, personally.  Though I'm told it's not as bad as I fear.  What gets me is how year after year, Belicheck**** somehow manages to turn what look like scraps at OL into solid protection for Brady.

On 5/7/2018 at 4:02 PM, PIP said:

With the number 1 pick the Buffalo Bills select.................

That's why we didn't trade our 2019 ?

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, I understand how he reached that conclusion but I'm not sure that's how the Bills see it.

I think Beane, anyway, thinks that Wyatt Teller could be in the mix for a starting job if he "turns his light on".

What does anyone know about Adam Redmond (C, 1 yr), Connor McDermott (OT, 2 yr), James Josh (OT, 1 yr) and De'Ondre Wesley (OT, 3 yr)?

I'm worried, personally.  Though I'm told it's not as bad as I fear.

I wonder if AJ is a worried as we are?

I bet he paid up his Aflac just to be sure.

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm worried, personally.  Though I'm told it's not as bad as I fear.  What gets me is how year after year, Belicheck**** somehow manages to turn what look like scraps at OL into solid protection for Brady.

Dante Scarnecchia does that.  I wish he had stayed retired.