Fantastic Rosen article

4 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Unless Highsmith misread what the coach was saying. I get the Rosen hate because he is a bit Smug and his background makes him come across entitled etc. Yet at the end of the day his on the field skills are above average.

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah he's pretentious, wouldn't want to be around him. But I'm interpreting his personality as confidence. And translating that to the ole grid iron and pigskin thing we talk about so much

Exactly, this is what I can’t understand from these front office guys. There are plenty of pretentious NFL superstars. Shady for example is a complete tool imo. 

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I'm not sure I understand the broader point he's trying to make, honestly.

I think the author believes the NFL draft process should focus more on talent and on real red flags such as drug abuse and criminal behavior, and stop "fluffing" as red flags crazy stuff like volleyball coach didn't want to comment on Rosen, or St. Brown speaks several languages

But that's just my best guess, I tend to agree with you he didn't do a great job of laying out a clear point then supporting it.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If only there were a way to ignore topics you didn't want to discuss.

That is one reason Mods encourage folks to make thread titles descriptive..

If it says "Rosen" in the topic (like this thread), and you aren't interested,  why are you reading it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Does anyone else wish that we didn't have to hear about Rosen anymore?

Again: it says "Rosen" in the title.  I get your point if the title just said "interesting article",

Since the title says "Fantastic Rosen Article" and you aren't interested.....

why are you in this thread, reading and contributing when you could just, like, ignore it and read a different thread maybe?

SMH

The degree of Rosen excuse making is unbelievable.  To the extent the article or posters are suggesting NFL Execs, whose living depends on wins and losses, really based their decisions on a "narrative" they did not investigate first hand - that is absurd.  Teams dig deep on these guys.  Sure, some of it is a feeling.  But the are feelings based on in-person meetings and extensive background checks.  Highsmith probably regarded the volleyball story as an incident he could share risklessly.  That does not mean it is all Cleveland had.  More likely their view was like that of a lot of other teams.  A view something like this:

According to Scott Davis of Business Insider, there is at least one team concerned that his personality will cause internal issues with the Arizona Cardinals, comparing him to two former quarterbacks who did so.

One team reportedly compared to Rosen a combination of former quarterback Jeff George and Jay Cutler, the polarizing quarterback most recently with the Miami Dolphins, saying he doesn’t think Rosen could lead a team.

Another executive referenced Rosen’s wealthy upbringing, calling him a “cake eater,” and saying Cardinals quarterback coach Byron Leftwich won’t allow Rosen to act like an “a–hole.”

Very glad this guys is not our problem.

6 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

The degree of Rosen excuse making is unbelievable.  To the extent the article or posters are suggesting NFL Execs, whose living depends on wins and losses, really based their decisions on a "narrative" they did not investigate first hand - that is absurd.  Teams dig deep on these guys.  Sure, some of it is a feeling.  But the are feelings based on in-person meetings and extensive background checks.  Highsmith probably regarded the volleyball story as an incident he could share risklessly.  That does not mean it is all Cleveland had.  More likely their view was like that of a lot of other teams.  A view something like this:

According to Scott Davis of Business Insider, there is at least one team concerned that his personality will cause internal issues with the Arizona Cardinals, comparing him to two former quarterbacks who did so.

One team reportedly compared to Rosen a combination of former quarterback Jeff George and Jay Cutler, the polarizing quarterback most recently with the Miami Dolphins, saying he doesn’t think Rosen could lead a team.

Another executive referenced Rosen’s wealthy upbringing, calling him a “cake eater,” and saying Cardinals quarterback coach Byron Leftwich won’t allow Rosen to act like an “a–hole.”

Very glad this guys is not our problem.

Yeah, but people here think it was this volleyball coach encounter that changed the Browns mind.

Or they think, "I watched the Cowherd interview, so impressive. NFL people are stoopit."

We shall see....

Edited by OJABBA

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Again: it says "Rosen" in the title.  I get your point if the title just said "interesting article",

Since the title says "Fantastic Rosen Article" and you aren't interested.....

why are you in this thread, reading and contributing when you could just, like, ignore it and read a different thread maybe?

SMH

My clickbait wouldn't have worked tho

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is not a great receiver though...

he is tall and fast. Compares to Andre Holmes imo

Impactful for ND. if he's saying he doesn't want to do special teams in the NFL, then that's valid. Honestly didn't know about that knock on him

6 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

http://www.azcardinals.com/fan-zone/message-boards.html

Think you meant to post it here. 

It's not about Rosen dude. My b. Shameless clickbaiting

Folks I'll really need y'all to know the article is about NFL evaluation. Stop projecting the pointless Rosen Allen debates to this. 

Also the article is clearly tongue in cheek. It's written like a bill Simmons article.. popular type of writing medium. The volleyball coach thing is more a funny anecdote than his definitive proof of his thesis

Anybody know how to fire rex Ryan in franchise mode Madden 16? Couldn't fire him in 2016 and when his contract expired he is still coaching. Guess he's working for free I guess.

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Josh Rosen won more games, threw less interceptions, and didn't miss multiple games because of injury his politics and intelligence wouldn't be an issue.

Rosen may be a genius, but the narrative about how wordly and smart the guy is when compared to his actual comments seem misguided.  I think he comes across as an immature kid who has no idea who is.    If you're looking for a guy to lead a team you don't want a person who blows in the wind not someone who is constantly searching for who they are.   Rosen comes across as the guy who wants to discuss philosophy at length to show you how smart he is, but has no actual idea about real life.  Just my opinion.

And just for the record the comparison to Callaway is inane.   Rosen didnt drop to round three, he was picked 10th overall, so NFL Executives werent that terrified of him.  

If he is so smart why the 29 on the wonderlic? I think Rosen thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is. Allen scored a 37 but doesn't come off as an arrogant douche know-it-all like Rosen does. I do not understand where this 'he is so intelligent' narrative comes from, the facts do not support it. The difference between a 37 and a 29 is significant but I have hardly heard any comments about Allen's intelligence.