Is Kim qualified?

I don't think Brandon was a good president, far from it. But even I think he has more qualifications than Kim. Kim is just a fan who happens to be the owner of the team. Just because you are the owner doesn't mean you are qualified to handle football decisions, you leave that up to people who have dedicated their lives to the sport. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

Just now, Limeaid said:

Proof that there could be a worse choice; they could also make Barbarian in charge of trades.

I'm in !!!

After the Skelton failure I redeemed myself by trading up for Wentz and we win our first super bowl, yeah good times :beer:

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not Photoshopped:

44OPJY3NXVG6PHRU7HXUVVC6GE.jpg

8 playoff appearances, including a Superbowl and 2 conference championship games in the first decade she owned the team

3 Superbowl appearances during her ownership, including a Superbowl win, "Greatest Show on Turf"

What have most of the other owners achieved that worked out so much better?

This isn't about equality, let's not go off topic.

Personally I think the pegulas had more to do with the quarterback we drafted then I would like.

Still hopeful/excited for the prospects of our new draft class, but personally I would prefer the pegulas to stay out of it.

They remind me of Jerry Jones -- a little too "involved". I hope it works out though.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Personally I think the pegulas had more to do with the quarterback we drafted then I would like.

Still hopeful/excited for the prospects of our new draft class, but personally I would prefer the pegulas to stay out of it.

They remind me of Jerry Jones -- a little too "involved". I hope it works out though.

Any facts to support?

1 minute ago, Dalton said:

Any facts to support?

It's been commented by several that they flew around the country to various pro days and private workouts.

I think it was reported they sat in on Senior Bowl interviews?

Josh Allen in his initial interview commented about meeting the Pegulas and having a chance to get to know Terry at his workout

Beane commented that they had "helpful input" from the Pegulas on the QBs or words to that effect - he quickly offered that they weren't telling them who to draft, but gave opinions on character

That's all I remember at the moment

Bean was asked directly how involved they were on WGR. He dodged a bit but acknowledged of course they were involved on the future face of the franchise.

He downplayed how much and accepted ultimate responsibility for the pick. 

There is also evidence since they traveled personally with the coaches to meet them.

And of course the congratulatory phone call from Kim to Josh where she said she made up her mind after their first visit.

It's all anecdotal, but it does support the case. None the less, just a little too involved for my tastes leave the football and the draft to the football guys is how I would prefer it be

FWIW maybe those football guys were leaning towards Allen anyways whose to say but again, I prefer some separation there so it's not even a question.

Edited by BillsFan692

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This isn't about equality, let's not go off topic.

???

I'm responding to a post:

Seems very topical to point out that Georgia Frontiere's ownership worked out to a Superbowl victory, 2 other Superbowl appearances, several conference championship games, and playoffs 8x in her first decade of ownership.  In otherwords, not so badly especially relative to other owners.

I'm not sure where "equality" comes into it.  The fact is Frontiere heard a lot of crap talk when she inherited the Rams, some of which sounded a lot like the stuff in this thread (what does she know, she's unqualified, she slept her way into it, etc etc).  To the point where she famously quipped during her first press conference "There are some who feel there are two different kinds of people — human beings and women."[4]

And she still gets sort of knee-jerk disrespect like sarcastic "worked out so well for the Rams", yet under her ownership the record shows the Rams achieved as well or better than many other teams

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's been commented by several that they flew around the country to various pro days and private workouts.

I think it was reported they sat in on Senior Bowl interviews?

Josh Allen in his initial interview commented about meeting the Pegulas and having a chance to get to know Terry at his workout

Beane commented that they had "helpful input" from the Pegulas on the QBs or words to that effect - he quickly offered that they weren't telling them who to draft, but gave opinions on character

That's all I remember at the moment

Exactly, it's Jerry Jones esque. Just because you are a rich fan doesn't mean you know jack about scouting. You let your football staff make football decisions and sit back and watch like the rest of us, and if you don't like the outcome, fire and rehire. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yep. Jerry Jones Esque that's exactly what I said.

But I am biased I wanted Rosen and I think Allen was drafted over him for reasons that have little to do with throwing the football.

Still, I'm buying an Allen jersey and rooting for success.

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

just words..

All words are just words. 

To maintain a civil forum, words that are judged as insults, baiting, politicized terms are considered as not positively contributing to discussion here.

Shouting at the mod in the forum or poking 'em with a sharp stick also tends to be viewed kind of negatively

I am HOPEFUL that people will listen and the thread can stay unlocked for more-or-less civil discussion of this hot-button current issue

But I'm gonna go to sleep with the thread-lock handy right under my pillow.

G'night!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The busier they are kept in business ops, less time for football decisions. Just wishful thinking.

I understand an owners temptation to meddle, I'd probably be lying if I said I wouldn't if I was in there shoes. Yet they've just appeared bad when they meddle or even have to make decisions only an owner can make.

I follow the Sabres by proxy, just because you'll get bombarded with them on WGR and by friends. Yet I never get the impression they meddle over there as much. Can any Sabres fans tell me is that's an accurate assessment or is it just Hockey doesn't undergo the scrutiny that NFL teams do, even in a good hockey market? I just don't hear about them being as involved day to day as much in hockey decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News said other ex-player hockey presidents were "laughing" at Kim Pegula's promotion. Well Russ was equally qualified to be a hockey president as Kim.

EDIT: Harrington deleted the tweet.

Lol the NHL is run like a roadhouse tavern show. Any of those idiots laughing at her is only a plus in my book. Those retards have been trying to break hockey out of being a regional niche sport for how long? F them

what have these anonymous chuckleheads done for the sport of hockey in this country? Kept failing franchises in florida and arizona for wayyyyy past their expiration date. Failed to secure lucrative tv deals. Yeah. I think those are the last MFers that should be laughing.

Edited by JoPar_v2

If she isn't qualified, then she certainly is bright enough to know that she will need a 'coach' or two to get up to speed.

Half the country has either an MBA or lawn care company. 

I'm sure she'll hire a few MBAs and get up to speed.

3 minutes ago, hemma said:

If she isn't qualified, then she certainly is bright enough to know that she will need a 'coach' or two to get up to speed.

Half the country has either an MBA or lawn care company. 

I'm sure she'll hire a few MBAs and get up to speed.

If she wasn't married to Mr. Pegula, do you think her resume would be enough to qualify her for president of a NFL team? Be honest. 

1 minute ago, 100DollarBills said:

If she wasn't married to Mr. Pegula, do you think her resume would be enough to qualify her for president of a NFL team? Be honest. 

If you look at the NFL, do you think the resume of a bunch of high NFL execs and presidents would qualify them if they weren't related to the owner?

Nepotism is a thing.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

She doesn't seem like someone who is being propped up and sleeping through meetings as I've heard of some others.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Probably true but hopefully being around the team for few years now will help her avoid the mistakes of the past.