Is Kim qualified?

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What are the qualifications and background of other major sport team presidents?

What is a description of the sport team president job?

who knows but I don't care about other teams.

look I'm not against Kim but is she the best person for the job? I'm not saying she isn't just that What makes her qualified , to which no one has answered except that she owns the team which is not good enough.

remember when Terry 's daughters wanted that hockey player (forgot his name) and he ended up sucking, I don't want a repeat of things like that.

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

We'll see how she does but yeah I'd rather she and and her husband nominate someone else, for sure. And I do find it ironic that Terry hired her and then it led to them becoming husband & wife...

Anyway, as usual, let's not shoot down a decision before we let it have some time to unfold. But it's normal to be worried when owners meddle too much in day-to-day operations. It's rarely their strengths

I agree to be that person! 

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

she is the owner ??

Yes, part owner.  But good owners don't meddle in football ops.  They leave that up to the football people.

• Like (+1) 1

If I wanted a meddling owner/president and borderline Tsar regime, I would have been a Jerry Jones Cowboy fan. We go from one extreme to another, from an owner who was cheap and didn't care about the product, to overly involved owners who probably aren't nearly qualified to direct football or hockey decisions. Why can't we just have normal owners who hire the best of the best to make football decisions. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

11 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

(...)

I’ve had a number of employees who told me I didn’t know what I was doing and I showed them the door.  I’ve had others who offered great insight and guidance and they have been promoted and have done very well.  As a result, I can tell you that one of the most important ingredients when you are an owner is trust. 

Terry obviously trusts Kim. If she wasn’t capable, she would not have achieved the status that she is currently at. I have peers with spouses in their biz (female owners and male owners).  I have very rarely seen a spouse who IS successful hand over some control to their significant other if they are not capable

I agree with those that say Kim initially achieved her status because she married Terry.  However, she may have well achieved a similar status without him -we will never know.  In my years of starting and growing companies, experience and pedigree is waaaay overrated.  I’ve had employees with Ivy League degrees that were terrible and interns from no name schools with little experience turn into superstars very quickly. Don’t tell me the dude with 20 years experience is always better, that’s simply not true. After she married Terry, I’d surmise the rest she has achieved is because she is capable.

Kim is a people person and from my vantage point, is making some great moves. Give her a chance and stop bashing her. If ultimately she fails, we can call for her to be replaced. I’d just ask that you have some perspective. It takes an awful lot to achieve what Terry and Kim have. Most people aren’t willing to take the risk. Those that do get to call the shots.  

Amen!  Some of my best reports and teammates had no degrees, or degrees from Obscurity College, and not necessarily "relevant" degrees, but they were focused and energized and opened themselves to learning as much as they could and they rapidly improved over people who had been there for years and were more or less coasting on past accomplishments...still working hard but no longer as engaged and focused.

Unspoken in this whole thread is....how many people get their first opportunity because of who they know, not what they know?  Sons or cousins or connections of people in power?  Seems to me there are quite a lot of them.  What were their qualifications?  Sometimes they are unfit for the position.  Sometimes they aren't.

We have folks here virtuously proclaiming "this would never be tolerated in any other team in the AFC East" well......

New England Patriots*** Owner: Robert Kraft  President: Jonathan Kraft

New York Jets Owner: Woody Johnson    Chairman/CEO:Christopher Johnson

(and so on around the league)

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

But it's those meddling kids :lol: (Scooby doo reference :D )

:thumbsup:  Yeah, hopefully the Pegulas realize their limitations.  From what I can gather, they are casual fans who are learning on the job.  I would suspect that being present in the draft room, and various other football situations made them realize that they don't know what they don't know.  If so, this could be a good thing.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Can anyone tell me what in particular Kim Pegula has the capability to screw up as president? What is the worst case scenario for the Bills that people are up in arms about?

As long as she stays away from football decisions than I don't care what she does. It is why I had issues with Brandon. Just let the GM and coach do their thing, and evaluated accordingly. If Kim has final say on who we draft, then she is already unqualified. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

its not disrespectful, it a matter of facts; does she or does she not have the qualifications to this job. More importantly is she the best person to do the job?

The kitchen argument is tired and lame and has nothing to do with this subject.

A Better subject would be is this nepotism?

Actually my comment about the disrespect wasn't really directed at you. Asking the question innocently out of genuine curiosity is ok.

In a way it's calling out the credibility of a person. That in a way could be disrespectful. What if behind the scenes she really was becoming an influencing figure. What if she was taking over duties Russ was slacking on and learning the position. 

What if they did plan ahead before they canned Russ Brandon and already had her installed in many ways before they fired him.

The only person I think really should ask if some one is qualified for the job is the person hiring them. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I really don't much about her business skills and am not trying to say she can't do it but is Kim qualified to be president?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

She is already pretty much acting like the President...with the way they've envigorated downtown and basically everything they have done has turned to gold I'd have to say yeah they know how to run a business.

Just now, Lfod said:

Actually my comment about the disrespect wasn't really directed at you. Asking the question innocently out of genuine curiosity is ok.

In a way it's calling out the credibility of a person. That in a way could be disrespectful. What if behind the scenes she really was becoming an influencing figure. What if she was taking over duties Russ was slacking on and learning the position. 

What if they did plan ahead before they canned Russ Brandon and already had her installed in many ways before they fired him. The only person I think really should ask if some one is qualified for the job is the person hiring them. 

There is obvious bias in Terry 's assessment, I hope your right and she does a good job.

3 minutes ago, Mij yllek said:

Two words...Georgia Frontiere...worked out so well for the Rams.

Not Photoshopped:

44OPJY3NXVG6PHRU7HXUVVC6GE.jpg

8 playoff appearances, including a Superbowl and 2 conference championship games in the first decade she owned the team

3 Superbowl appearances during her ownership, including a Superbowl win, "Greatest Show on Turf"

What have most of the other owners achieved that worked out so much better?