Cam Newton scouting report compares to Josh Allen

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

“ Cam can’t read a D” “ We don’t need Allen to lock onto his receiver like Cam” “ We need Allen to anticipate his throws unlike Cam.” 

Etc, etc, etc.......,

??

If only. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bills4life1924 said:

If in an imaginary world the bills got Cam Newton before the draft, most fans I would expect to be ecstatic. 

But in reality, Allen gets bashed before even putting on a bills uniform.

In no way am I comparing the 2, but I am an Allen supporter and hopeful he turns out to be our guy we have been waiting for

Getting really tired of the Allen hate. Wanted rosen myself but geez let's wait until we get a friggin snap from him

You think if Josh Allen played on that Auburn team he would have also won the national championship? I don't 

Cam is just a freak of nature athlete, Josh isn't anywhere close to him in that regards. Vick was the fastest QB of all time but Cam is the most athletic. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Getting really tired of the Allen hate. Wanted rosen myself but geez let's wait until we get a friggin snap from him

No hate on Allen at all.. I said I'm a supporter and have been even before the draft. I stated many times, I can't wait for Allen to prove all these negative nellys' wrong!!

31 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

No hate on Allen at all.. I said I'm a supporter and have been even before the draft. I stated many times, I can't wait for Allen to prove all these negative nellys' wrong!!

For sure, I'm basically just echoing your take. TBD is 60% sheople. If we just make the appearance we're in the majority we get TBD on our side. Let's take this board over.

So.. is your screen name implying that you were born in 1924? Because if so that is awesome.

39 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

You think if Josh Allen played on that Auburn team he would have also won the national championship? I don't 

Cam is just a freak of nature athlete, Josh isn't anywhere close to him in that regards. Vick was the fastest QB of all time but Cam is the most athletic. 

He's definitely not cam. But heck if he can pass as well as cam I'm ecstatic.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

For sure, I'm basically just echoing your take. TBD is 60% sheople. If we just make the appearance we're in the majority we get TBD on our side. Let's take this board over.

So.. is your screen name implying that you were born in 1924? Because if so that is awesome.

He's definitely not cam. But heck if he can pass as well as cam I'm ecstatic.

Once he can pass as well as Peterman, maybe he can set his sights on Cam.

23 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Once he can pass as well as Peterman, maybe he can set his sights on Cam.

ONCE HE TAKES A SNAP he can set his sights on whoever the heck he wants.

Sorry getting belligerent drunk here.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The several thousand he's taken up to now don't count?

No because it's not the NFL lol

I'm out man I'm drunk. We can resume later. I wanted Rosen myself but screw it. We have a top 10 pick at QB and I want to see him in a Bills uni before I eat my words because I don't give a flying crap about CFB. I'll save my heartache when he sucks playing regular season games. 

We're in the sports doldrums, gots to be patient man. I love the NFL season because it has a tangible meaning in talking Bill. Until then there's nothing to talk about.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

On 4/30/2018 at 3:46 PM, wppete said:

I bet If you look at Luke Kuechlys scouting report it looks similar to Tremain Edmunds.

Josh Allen - Cam Newton

Tremain Edmunds - Luke Kuechly

There's no question that McDermott coveted a middle linebacker with off the charts athleticism.  Tremaine is a bit slower than Kuechly (who ran in the 4.4s).  However Tremaine is much bigger and stronger.  

13 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

There's no question that McDermott coveted a middle linebacker with off the charts athleticism.  Tremaine is a bit slower than Kuechly (who ran in the 4.4s).  However Tremaine is much bigger and stronger.  

Kuechly ran a 4.58 at the Combine which is still very fast for a MLB

Edited by Buffalo716

Except the part where he doesn't go after the game changing fumble in the Super Bowl to protect his legs nor the sulking like a spoiled brat when things don't go his way.

usp_nfl__super_bowl_50-carolina_panthers

giphy.gif

On 4/30/2018 at 4:16 PM, Fadingpain said:

Cut to the chase:

If Allen turns into a perfect clone of Cam, is it good enough?

Nope.

if he isn't better than Cam we are in for a lot of disappointing seasons.

When you look at the lives of Newton vs Allen, they are NOTHING like each other. Why are people insisting on comparing them, and their accomplishments so far?

One guy grew up in a rural area on a farm, going to some little high school.  The other guy in the Atlanta area, going to a high school that had churned out athletes

That is just one, massive difference.

Their career trajectory, and life paths are different. Just try to judge Allen as his own man.

He looks like a great prospect, and I'm happy to have him.

Edited by OJABBA
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I noticed that the two HCs from teams who reportedly had Allen #1 on their boards both were with Carolina previously, McD and Wilkes. Could just be coincidence but thought worth noting. 

They both like big, strong, talented quarterbacks?

On 4/30/2018 at 2:22 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

John Elway's teams had losing records when he was there. 20-23 as a starter. Never went to a bowl game. He was arguably the best QB prospect of all time, one of the best QBs of all time, a SB winner and a Hall of Famer. 

The talented quarterback went on to throw for more than 9,000 yards and set five major NCAA Division I-A records during his four years at Stanford, finishing second in the Heisman Trophy balloting as a senior.

USC Coach John Robinson, who lost a recruiting battle to Stanford, said of Elway, "He's the best ever to come out of high school."