2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol thought it was Haskins. I have not watched Duke either. What do you think of Clayton Thorson at Northwestern 

I haven't watched him in 2018. I did look at a couple of his 2017 games when there were rumours he might declare last year. I wasn't particularly impressed. Shades of Nate Peterman.

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is EXACTLY where I’m at. Paradis and Saffold in FA and another guy that can play OT in the draft.

If you add Bama's Jona Williams to the mix and then do what you suggest in adding to two  free agents to the unit you not only are building a good line but also depth. Look what happened with Jacksonville and their mounting injuries on the line? Their depleted line was being overwhelmed with the combo of Hughes/Williams. 

I don't see Miller returning next year. He seems to be in the McDermott doghouse. After a penalty that cost us a first down he was taken out and replaced by Groy. He didn't return after that. 

With a season under his belt Josh Allen should be able to more quickly make his reads and be more decisive in releasing the ball. That in itself should elevate the play of the line. An example of the opposite notion is Bortles's atrocious play. When your qb can't throw the ball down field it creates a tremendous amount of pressure for the OL playing in a one-dimensional offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't watched him in 2018. I did look at a couple of his 2017 games when there were rumours he might declare last year. I wasn't particularly impressed. Shades of Nate Peterman.

His arm is significantly stronger than Peterman's though, which is one of, if not the biggest issue Peterman has.

Having said that, as much as I wanted to like Thorson, I don't really see it either. He has some tools and has some mobility, but he seems like a pretty blah prospect to me. He's supposedly pretty renowned for his leadership/personality though; I remember the stuff I was reading a year or two ago about him made him sound like someone that I could see McDermott being interested in.

Don't think that's an issue at this point with Allen in the fold though.

26 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

His arm is significantly stronger than Peterman's though, which is one of, if not the biggest issue Peterman has.

Having said that, as much as I wanted to like Thorson, I don't really see it either. He has some tools and has some mobility, but he seems like a pretty blah prospect to me. He's supposedly pretty renowned for his leadership/personality though; I remember the stuff I was reading a year or two ago about him made him sound like someone that I could see McDermott being interested in.

Don't think that's an issue at this point with Allen in the fold though.

I didn't like almost anything about Peterman's game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The post you are quoting was not about Haskins - it was about the Duke kid.

His tape is pretty good and David Cutcliffe speaks highly of him both publicly and privately to FOs. He's rising because of the latter. I like him, especially compared to the 2019 crop in general. He's come a long way in his time at Duke.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

His tape is pretty good and David Cutcliffe speaks highly of him both publicly and privately to FOs. He's rising because of the latter. I like him, especially compared to the 2019 crop in general. He's come a long way in his time at Duke.

I haven't seen a single play. I think the poor class always left the possibility of late risers.

New mock from Benjamin Solak, one of my favorite draft writers:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/26/solak-mock-draft-3-0/

Bills picks:

9. Buffalo Bills

D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

Last time I did a mock draft on this here site, I got shredded by #BillsMafia for mocking them a potentially elite DT in Ed Oliver. Well, my dear Buffalonians, Oliver is still on the board — but I’m a good listener.

As the news broke earlier this week that D.K. Metcalf would indeed declare for the 2019 NFL Draft, I wondered how high his ceiling was. This is probably it: working his way into Top-10 consideration with a clean bill of health and stellar Combine testing. Metcalf’s density-adjusted athleticism will top the charts, and his tape beats that of teammate A.J. Brown when put under the microscope. Buffalo needs WR help and shouldn’t shy away from any fit/style of play — so Metcalf unseats Kelvin Benjamin, thank the good Lord in heaven.

40. Buffalo Bills: Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State

Other notable stuff:

• Two tight ends from the same college (Iowa) going in the top 8.
  • 10 WRs going in the first two rounds
  • Dwayne Haskins (#5 to the Giants) is the only QB in the first two rounds (this assumes Herbert returns to school).

FA:

1.) LeVeon Bell, RB to 3yrs 54m.

2.) John Brown, WR 4yr 32m

3.) Matt Barkley, QB 2yr 4m

4.) John Miller, OG 1yr 1m

5.) EJ Gaines, CB2 2yrs 8m

Draft:

Trade down

1.) Elgton Jenkins, OC, Mississippi State

2.) Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

2.) David Edwards, RT, Wisconsin

3.) Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin

4.) TE

4.) Defense

5.) Defense

5.) Defense

6.) Defense

6.) Defense

7.) WR

7.) WR

Here's my first shot at Fanspeak so far for 2019.  

There are so many good DLinemen in this draft it's hard not to land one.

8: R1P8

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
40: R2P8

DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN
71: R3P7

WR KELVIN HARMON
NC STATE
110: R4P8

CB KRISTIAN FULTON
LSU
133: R4P31

LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
147: R5P8

G GARRETT BRUMFIELD
LSU
168: R5P29

RB MYLES GASKIN
WASHINGTON
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was inspired by @thunderingsquid so here it is (with the disclaimer that I have no idea on the value of some of these guys). Leo Lewis is one of my favorite picks and in hindsight I might have done some things differently. Anyways:

CB GREEDY WILLIAMS
LSU

WR N'KEAL HARRY
ARIZONA STATE

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD

TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M

EDGE LEO LEWIS
MISSISSIPPI ST

DARRYL WILLIAMS
MISSISSIPPI ST
183: R6P8

LB T.J. EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
224: R7P8

JORDAN FULLER
OHIO ST
239: R7P23

JAKE HANSON
OREGON

• Thank you (+1) 2

I got what I wanted in the 1st 4 rounds. Banogu is worth a shot at the bottom of the 4th.

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
WR KELVIN HARMON
NC STATE
WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA
G BOBBY EVANS
OKLAHOMA
EDGE BEN BANOGU
TEXAS CHRISTIAN
DL DONTAVIUS RUSSELL
AUBURN
TE MITCHELL WILCOX
SOUTH FLORIDA
RB TRAVIS HOMER
MIAMI (FL)
S JORDAN FULLER
OHIO ST
C SEAN KREPSZ
NEVADA

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was inspired by @thunderingsquid so here it is (with the disclaimer that I have no idea on the value of some of these guys). Leo Lewis is one of my favorite picks and in hindsight I might have done some things differently. Anyways:

CB GREEDY WILLIAMS
LSU

WR N'KEAL HARRY
ARIZONA STATE

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD

TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M

EDGE LEO LEWIS
MISSISSIPPI ST

DARRYL WILLIAMS
MISSISSIPPI ST

LB T.J. EDWARDS
WISCONSIN

JORDAN FULLER
OHIO ST

JAKE HANSON
OREGON

That would be a great draft.  Lotta weapons.

1 hour ago, CookieG said:

I got what I wanted in the 1st 4 rounds. Banogu is worth a shot at the bottom of the 4th.

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
WR KELVIN HARMON
NC STATE
WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA
G BOBBY EVANS
OKLAHOMA
EDGE BEN BANOGU
TEXAS CHRISTIAN
DL DONTAVIUS RUSSELL
AUBURN
TE MITCHELL WILCOX
SOUTH FLORIDA
RB TRAVIS HOMER
MIAMI (FL)
S JORDAN FULLER
OHIO ST
C SEAN KREPSZ
NEVADA

Love Bangou

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I think the Bills are going to win a few and not pick in the top 10.  If that is the case count me in for trying to trade back and targeting Anthony Johnson in the early to mid 20's.  I am no expert but I know a star when I see one.  Anthony Johnson has good speed, very good hands, run routes well and is a beast after the catch.  He is going to take short passes in the NFL and run over undersized defenses like Moulds and Boldin used to do. 

Also very important that he plays for UB and would be more likely to re-sign here at the going rate than most.  Mack wanted us to draft him but we were too stupid to see the advantage of drafting a player with star potential that went to college here and wanted to play here.  Markets like Buffalo have to take advantage of that. 

Be late to the party if you want but Johnson is going to be a star.  I'm sure many of you are ready to pounce but go back and look at who was beating the drum for Baker Mayfield in his college thread.  I don't care about those who say he isn't a top 10 WR in the draft, I know a star when I see one and Anthony Johnson is going to shine.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

43 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

1. Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama

2. Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

3. Elgton Jenkins, OL, Mississippi State

4. Tyler Biadasz, OL, Wisconsin

4. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

Looks great but I have a feeling Brown will be gone in the top half of the 2nd round.    Or are those your top 4 with a tie for fourth?  :D

By the way, do we really have two 4th rounders?  Tankathon.com has us with just 2 5ths and two 7ths.  

My non-Fanspeak mock:

1st:  Little OT

2nd: Tillery DT

3rd:  Samuel WR

4th:  Scharping OT/G

5th:  Arnette CB

5th:  Banogu OLB

Edited by thunderingsquid

11 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Looks great but I have a feeling Brown will be gone in the top half of the 2nd round.    Or are those your top 4 with a tie for fourth?  :D

By the way, do we really have two 4th rounders?  Tankathon.com has us with just 2 5ths and two 7ths.  

My non-Fanspeak mock:

1st:  Little OT

2nd: Tillery DT

3rd:  Samuel WR

4th:  Scharping OT/G

5th:  Arnette CB

5th:  Banogu OLB

Not sure I used Fanspeak.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.