Last time David Culley was a QB Coach=1982

Rebel101

So the future of our 7th overall undeveloped QB who will need indepth coaching. A lot of one on one training and learn proper footwork and mechanics will be under the tutelage of a coach who last taught a QB in 1982 at Middle Tennessee State. The rest of career he has been a WR coach and a decent one actually he'd probably be better off coaching Zay Jones. Dont you think it'd be smart of Buffalo to invest more into their 7th overall pick Josh Allen by getting a top notch QB coach? 

Edited by Rebel101

I never liked this hire and still don’t.  I was hoping that along with getting rid of Dennison, Cullen would go with him...or at least get reassigned.

If I’m Terry Pegula, I really try to convince McDermott to consider hiring a legit  QB guru to protect his investment 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

The reports about him working with Josh Allen have been very positive.

These guys all have offseason qb coaches.  Manziel and EJ have the same one who every year says how much better they get.

i hate bashing the guy but Allen has the flaws that are very hard to fit because they are so ingrained in him now.  Also, you want guys to react instead of thinking about their feet or arm angle.  The hit record of this guy’s improving at the nfl level is insanely low.

Just now, Rebel101 said:

Not hire more only a better more effective QB coach 

We shall see. I just feel it's premature to be spouting off about coaching at this point. A lot of new parts have been added and now the draft is complete. We can focus on what will be needed as far as position coach's. Maybe they do nothing..... I will wait and see!

Rich Gannon:

“It’s inexcusable to me that young QB’s are left unattended on Monday and Tuesday by many coaches,” Gannon tweeted. “It’s like leaving a child in a car seat in a locked vehicle while you have a drink at the bar! Absolutely insane and it’s happening w too many teams. I know because the QB’s tell me.”

Typically Monday in NFL is workout, treatment & game film review. Tuesday is players day off. Most QB's who aren't clueless come in on Tues to watch film. Not mandatory. But most are left alone in some dark room with no experience/knowledge as to how you breakdown an opponent.

Trent Dilfer: Rich nails it again! NFL is seriously lacking in coaches that know how to “nurture” a QB to reaching his potential. Lots of them can “speak” QB development, very few actually have a clue how to execute.

https://www.all22.com/nfl/rich-gannon-trent-dilfer-slam-nfl-quarterback-coaching#.WuXRiYgvwUE

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

So the future of our 7th overall undeveloped QB who will need indepth coaching. A lot of one on one training and learn proper footwork and mechanics will be under the tutelage of a coach who last taught a QB in 1982 at Middle Tennessee State. The rest of career he has been a WR coach and a decent one actually he'd probably be better off coaching Zay Jones. Dont you think it'd be smart of Buffalo to invest more into their 7th overall pick Josh Allen by getting a top notch QB coach? 

Good point.

Its like having a Ferrari in your driveway.....up on blocks.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

These guys all have offseason qb coaches.  Manziel and EJ have the same one who every year says how much better they get.

i hate bashing the guy but Allen has the flaws that are very hard to fit because they are so ingrained in him now.  Also, you want guys to react instead of thinking about their feet or arm angle.  The hit record of this guy’s improving at the nfl level is insanely low.

No doubt takes many thousands of reps to improve (if ever I suppose). I will say he is such a good athlete, work ethic, and has likely not been coached that he may have a better chance than most.

I do think he needs someone working with him every day.

Edited by horned dogs