RD 6, 187 Ray-Ray McCloud - WR Clemson

2 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

Almost nobody thinks they drafted him to play wr.  All you haters should be ashamed of yourselves.

Well if they aren't going to use him as a WR, and kickoff returns are being taken out of the game, they just used a 6th round pick on a punt returner?  :o

Edited by LabattBlue

1 minute ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Equanimeous still available and they take this guy?

There's a receiver like this every year, that was projected to be a 3-4th rounder, goes 7th-UFA, and is never heard from again.

I think they are hoping Ray-Ray is a Sproles/Woodhead type of player.  

I'll take that in the 6th

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not in love with him as a WR, but if our defense is as dominant as we believe it will be, Ray Ray is not a guy that opposing teams will want to punt to.  Not a burner but his tight space shiftiness is absurd.  

At this point we are angling towards being a team that hopes to hold the opponent to 10 and break two big plays on offense. As a 6th rounder if he might get 2-3 of those 32 big plays, it’s a win! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Well if they aren't going to use him as a WR, and kickoff returns are being taken out of the game, they just used a 6th round pick on a punt returner?  :o

Better than trading up for Kickers and Punters.  OOOO Also talk is a transition to defense.

Well if they aren't going to use him as a WR and kickoff returns are being taken out of the game, they just used a 6th round pick on a punt returner?  :o

If you get a someone to contribute with a 6 that's a win.  I don't care if they're just a longsnapper.

He doesn't just do returns on st either.

Just now, Steve Billieve said:

If you get a someone to contribute with a 6 that's a win.  I don't care if they're just a longsnapper.

Waste of a roster spot if he can't contribute as a WR(which you said he won't), and can't be on coverage teams because he is a twig.

Waste of a roster spot if he can't contribute as a WR(which you said he won't), and can't be on coverage teams because he is a twig.

There is nothing saying he cannot contribute as a WR. So many of these type of players become good players in the NFL From Antonio Brown to Edleman Late Round gambles in this position can and do pay off.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lots of teams keep a spot for their returner.  and lots of teams don't like using one of their marque players for the job either.  He's played cb before.  Clemson put him out there on kick offs not just returns.  Was part of a lot of gimicy plays for them too.  And just because he will probably never be a starting wr doesn't mean he can't contribute at that position occasionally.

Just now, LabattBlue said:

....except the poster who I was responding to stated that he wasn't drafted to play WR. ;)

I think he said he was drafted to be a Return Man, didn't read anything saying he would not contribute as a WR

Just now, Steve Billieve said:

...And just because he will probably never be a starting wr doesn't mean he can't contribute at that position occasionally.

Well then you should have said that to begin with, instead of "they didn't draft him to be a WR".  Capiche?