RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Are you drunk or stoned? Return when you sober up and can structure a sentence so others can understand it. 

Lol for real dude. What do you love about Josh Allen so much that he was worth so much?

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No.

You're dumb.

And you are a genius who compiled a 3 word post with your biggest word of 4 letters as your response...why do you love Josh Allen?

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Delete

So why do you love Josh Allen? Some one please convince me

4 hours ago, Lfod said:

Well Beane made the pick understanding that he would be on damage control right away. He also made the pick knowing a bunch of fans would cry over it. At least he made the choice he felt was right and not the easy one. 

I'd pump the brakes a little but if you wanna set your hair on fire and run around in circles then do it. Thanks for another I don't like Josh Allen post with nothing new to add to the pile. 

Beane admitted today he thought he would be drafting Edmunds at 12. So basically Allen cost us 22, 53, 56 and 65. Add to that the plan is not to play him this year and most likely not next year either. So Allen cost us basically 2 second round picks more to sit. That is allot of bodies not playing for the Bills! 

16 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

didnt aaron rodgers sit for you 2 years. he was 1st round qb,

He was also the 17th pick, big difference, EJ was 16 and should have sat.

4 hours ago, napmaster said:

Then why didn't he go #1? 

Maybe Beane asked him why none of his teammates went to his 21st birthday party.

They asked Rosen if he remembered having concussions and he said yeah which of the half dozen do you want to ask me about. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloTX said:

This thread is terrible

Stop pulling it!

Edited by USABuffaloFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I read the article and nowhere in it does it state that it will take Allen two years to develop. 

Perhaps you could copy and paste the sentence because I didn't see it. 

Sorry you are correct...they reference Aaron Rodgers and his 3 years saying he will need it but only get 1 so hopefully he goes to somewhere that is patient but the point is i think we over valued him and i hope i am wrong but i dunno historically his chances are 0

5 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

He was also the 17th pick, big difference, EJ was 16 and should have sat.

Thanks lol atleast some one who understands this was terrible

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Lol for real dude. What do you love about Josh Allen so much that he was worth so much?

And you are a genius who compiled a 3 word post with your biggest word of 4 letters as your response...why do you love Josh Allen?

So why do you love Josh Allen? Some one please convince me

Dude, did Brittany Williams shoot you down in high school?

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Go read the Josh Allen thread, where it's discussed for 40+ pages.

So you are mad that I just joined today and posted on my own instead of under something else? Go worry about something else obviously you are a Josh Allen fan go teach him how to plant his feet at what he wants to throw 

13 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Love? I don't love him. I hated the pick the moment it happened. Hell, I threw my phone.

But I've spent the last 24 hours taking in interview after interview and highlight after highlight and breakdown after breakdown. As I've absorbed his story, I think he has a decent chance to be the exception to the rule of the Project QB, which is most often as a bust.

I hated Goodell said "Allen," not "Rosen" the moment it happened. Now I'm fine with it. Darnold and Mayfield were out of the picture already.

Have you looked into Allen at all?

Better yet, since you evidently hate the whole draft, what do you dislike so much about Edmunds and Phillips?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He did have over 20 drops on the season.

Add 11 completions , 1 over every game for drops and his % rises to 60%

Add 15 over 11 games or 1.3 completions per game to compensate for drops and his completion % rises to a respectable 61.8%

his team dropped more than that too

Of the teams o the top 6 QBs in the draft, Wyoming dropped the fewest passes. So go ahead and add those % points to the other guys, too. 

Edited by Domdab99

3 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Overpaid for getting a potential franchise QB and yet we kept our 2nd first round pick?  Some predicted we would have to give up three first round picks.  What do you think about that?  

keywords:  "potential"  "predicted" "3 - 1st round picks"

The charts say we overpaid, should have been 12 , 53 and 121.

McCarron has potential and a 2-1 NFL record, I will take that 1st.

McCarron has a 36-4 NCAA record and 2 Championships and much better stats.

Number 7 pick was never worth 3- 1st round picks.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Love? I don't love him. I hated the pick the moment it happened. He'll, I threw my phone.

But I've spent the last 24 hours taking in interview after interview and highlight after highlight and breakdown after breakdown. As I've absorbed his story, I think he has a decent chance to be the exception to the rule of the Project QB, which is most often as a bust.

I hated Goodell said "Allen," not "Rosen" the moment it happened. Now I'm fine with it. Darnold and Mayfield were out of the picture already.

Have you looked into Allen at all?

Better yet, since you evidently hate the whole draft, what do you dislike so much about Edmunds and Phillips?

What i love Edmunds and Phillips...And ive read every stat and watched games on Allen i hope he works out but go watch UNLV vs josh allen its 15 minutes he has some decent plays but he isnt a top talent and i think he can be the expection as well but i think we over paid and wasteda great opportunity

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Have you seen a Josh Allen game? You dont want him to succeed or do well, you just want everyone to believe your right. Saying you hope they turn out great but won't is just like starting a comment with "lm not racist but....."

Isn't that what Allen said?

2 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

keywords:  "potential"  "predicted" "3 - 1st round picks"

The charts say we overpaid, should have been 12 , 53 and 121.

McCarron has potential and a 2-1 NFL record, I will take that 1st.

McCarron has a 36-4 NCAA record and 2 Championships and much better stats.

Number 7 pick was never worth 3- 1st round picks.

When you are trading up for a QB high in the first round, you may have to pay a little more. 

Just now, Domdab99 said:

Of the top 6 QBs in the draft, Wyoming dropped the fewest passes. So go ahead and add those % points to the other guys, too. 

You can do that .. the point is he isn’t a very inaccurate passer and 1 completion a game changes stats drastically... nobody is saying he’s inaccurate if he just passed at a 63% rate

his upside is tremendous and he is now our QB so I’m going root for him till my voice is gone 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

We gave away an opportunity to build a deep solid roster and to give away so much for a QB who I believe was the 7th or 8th rated QB in this draft was a huge mistake. The trade up for Edmunds would have been a great move if we didnt already give away both 2nds for Allen. I would have preferred us to stay put and still would have probably been able to get Allen but I'd rather have had Rosen. Hands down the best passer in this draft. But i would have wanted us to use all the picks to build a savage squad and gave away the farm next year for a QB and gave mccarron a chance to prove himself n just to build a team that was a QB away from greatness. I hope Allen develops into a Super Bowl QB but if he doesnt this draft will go down as a huge franchise failure and will set us back for years compared to what we could have done with the arsenal of picks we had

I've been thinking all day that this draft, while not horrible, was certainly not what I would have hoped.

But after reading this drivel, I feel much better about it.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Who the !@#$ are the SEVEN other QBs you had rated higher than Allen? Seriously we're still waiting for an answer.  No really, answer the freaking question I'm legitimately interested in knowing.

Rosen, Rudolph, Lauletta, Falk, Jackson, McCarron, Peterman, White, Litton