Day 2 Disappointment...

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I guess I'm supposed to be fine with incompetence simply because we've been watching it for so long.

The kid is still on the plane to Buffalo, yet you're claiming this draft pick a bust.  All picks are a gamble, that's football. Allen would have gone quickly to any one of the teams looking for a quarterback.

32 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

This has nothing to do with the players the Bills drafted yesterday...

As someone who loves to watch the draft, yesterday morning, I was excited about watching Day 2 of the draft, knowing the Bills had 4 selections(2 in the 2nd & 2 in the 3rd).  By the end of last night, those 4 selections became 1...at the end of the 3rd round.

Really takes all the excitement out of Day 2, and makes Day 3 more interesting, with 4 selections.

Well, now that we know how it personally affects your enjoyment of the draft, we should really start complaining about the move up to get Allen.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Bills fans are pathetic.   We made the playoffs last year when everyone said we were "tanking".  I expect this team to be even better than last year.

Couldn't agree more.  I did not want to trade up, but Beane did, twice, and they got the two most important positions for us in this draft.  Flesh out the depth with rest of the picks, and we'll be fine. 

This team was not supposed to go 9-7 and make the playoffs, but it did, and fans who wanted the Bills to tank still whined. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Bills fans are pathetic.   We made the playoffs last year when everyone said we were "tanking".  I expect this team to be even better than last year.

I hope you are right. I want to be SO wrong about Josh Allen I really do.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Bills could have stayed at 12 and still drafted him and would have had two second-round picks tonight. I still would have hated the choice but it would have been much less reckless.

I think Beane was trying to protect the Bills from any other team thinking about trading ahead of them.  Allen wasn't my first choice, either, but apparently, he's the guy.

Just now, jjmac said:

I think Beane was trying to protect the Bills from any other team thinking about trading ahead of them.  Allen wasn't my first choice, either, but apparently, he's the guy.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Bills could have stayed at 12 and still drafted him and would have had two second-round picks tonight. I still would have hated the choice but it would have been much less reckless.

Did you not watch the draft?  NO way either Allen or Rosen would have been there at 12 and I don't want Lamar Jackson.  Arizona traded up to 10 to get Rosen and if we didn't take Allen, somebody else would have, probably Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm fine with a boring Friday night in late April, as long as it's leading to exciting Sundays in September-December (January? Is that too much to hope?). That is more than an even trade in my book.

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Nope. 

The Bills have some extra ammo in next year's draft so don't be surprised if there is a trade up if they really like a guy. In 2019 they have an extra 4th from the Reggie Ragland trade, and an extra 7th rounder for the Cardale Jones trade. So right now they are sitting on 9 draft picks and 100 million in cap space. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Did you not watch the draft?  NO way either Allen or Rosen would have been there at 12 and I don't want Lamar Jackson.  Arizona traded up to 10 to get Rosen and if we didn't take Allen, somebody else would have, probably Miami.

Yes, I watched the draft.  I'm just not convinced that any of these QBs were the kind you trade up for.  You trade up for guys that you know can and will start Week 1 (Manning, Manning, or Luck).  There are none in this draft.

Edited by jjmac

33 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Don't worry, this roster is stacked. The Bills have no use for picks 53, 56 and 65.

Didnt you hear bro? Were good. We won the draft. We took the poster child for NFL QBs.

Tall white dudes with no risky political views > better Talent and proven ncaa production vs solid defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

They'll probably make some moves.  They really need to.  WR and RT are areas I'd like to see them address.

I think the interior OL is a bigger concern than the tackles at this point.  Luckily, interior OL are positions where it's relatively common for Day 3 picks to turn into decent or better players.  I also think that the number of trades in the first round suggests that there may be limited top end talent in this draft, especially at some positions like OL, and teams went up and got the best ones early.  Usually interior OLers (centers/guards) who actually go in the first round go in the 20s.  Nelson went in the top ten and Price went in the top fifteen I think.  A right tackle went in the top ten as well, which is not nearly as common as left tackles going high.

Apparently, none of this year's WRs were particularly well regarded, so maybe it's just as well that the Bills look to Day 3 or FA for help there.

10 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Why would Miami have taken Allen? Gase loves Tannehill.

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Why would Miami have taken Allen? Gase loves Tannehill.

Trust me, if we hadn't traded up, both of those guys would have been gone.  After we took Allen, it changed the rest of the 1st round as far as QB's go.  Arizona traded up to get Rosen and I believe if Miami didn't take Allen, someone else would have traded up.  I don't believe either one of those guys would have been there at 12.  I could be wrong, but obviously the Bills thought the same thing.

23 minutes ago, Will-GM-for-food said:

What WRs do we think will still be available at 96? 

Hopefully Miller.  Although I don't think they'd take him.  I see them taking big body WR's.  It's their model from Carolina.  Benjamin, Funchess.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

Hopefully Miller.  Although I don't think they'd take him.  I see them taking big body WR's.  It's their model from Carolina.  Benjamin, Funchess.

If they draft a WR, it will be a speedster.