Sam Darnold on private workout with Bills: 'I could have thrown better'

Lurker

Didn't see this anywhere, so what the heck (and I know many don't like the BN paywall):

http://buffalonews.com/2018/04/25/sam-darnold-on-private-workout-with-bills-i-could-have-thrown-better/

"I wish I could have thrown better at that workout," Darnold said Wednesday of the session he had in front of coach Sean McDermott, General Manager Brandon Beane and other club officials in Los Angeles. "Not my best day throwing, but I completed most of my footballs. It wasn't a huge deal, but could have thrown better. But I threw it really well. I was consistent, accurate. The ball just wasn't spinning the way it usually does, which was a bummer, but it's nothing crazy."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, McNubbins said:

Nobody's really hyping him though.  I hear a lot about Rosen, maybe it's just because it's a foregone conclusion that Darnold is taken at one?

Nail on the head. Most people aren't assuming he's up for grabs like the rest are. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

What happened to Darnold?  I feel like he's dropped off the map.

It’s all part of the process. 

I like a guy who says I should have done better, but what he does in a private workout means very little to me. Look at the body of work, and get to know the person. 

If he goes to the NJ Jests, I’ll have to turn things around and dislike him. 

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Nail on the head. Most people aren't assuming he's up for grabs like the rest are. 

I agree with this.

I have maintained all along Darnold would go #1 and I still think he will.  I think most have him at 1 and so it's like he doesn't exist, as the Browns will take him, no one else can get him, and there's not much to talk about as a result.