Jeff Darlington talks draft with Brandon Beane

IMO this could possibly hint at Rosen. 

He's the only QB of the top 3 that has bene talked about possibly slipping out of the top 5. 

Between that, Yolo's comments about the Pegulas loving him, Beane's comments about pocket passers, the stuff that came out today about not moving up for Allen etc. I am really starting to think that Rosen very well could be our pick. It's getting me excited!

But I don't want to get my hopes up too high, or get too set on any 1 QB since we have no clue what will happen. Another team could mortgage 2 drafts to move up to #2 or #4 and Beane probably won't be willing to match. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

IMO this could possibly hint at Rosen. 

He's the only QB of the top 3 that has bene talked about possibly slipping out of the top 5. 

Between that, Yolo's comments about the Pegulas loving him, Beane's comments about pocket passers etc. I am really starting to think that Rosen very well could be our pick. It's getting me excited!

But I don't want to get my hopes up too high, or get too set on any 1 QB since we have no clue what will happen. Another team could mortgage 2 drafts to move up to #2 or #4 and Beane probably won't be willing to match. 

Bingo. That's what I am hoping.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

Bingo. That's what I am hoping.

Plus the stuff that came out today about the Bills not moving up for Allen.

That, and guys like Benjamin Albright saying that the Bills are telling people they like/want Allen... that's just not Beane's MO. He said he hasn't even told his wife who he wants. 

So if thr Allen stuff is a smoke screen, and both Darnold and Mayfield are projected to be gone by pick #3, that leave Rosen.

Lots of little clues that he may be the guy they want IMO. 

8 minutes ago, PIZ said:

What happens if Browns go Darnold, Giants go Rosen, and Jets go Mayfield?

Then we're screwed! But I would assume from Beane's comments that he has talked with the Giants about the #2 pick, and if the Giants were planning on taking a QB they wouldn't even entertain that discussion IMO.

18 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I was in a fantasy football league with Dan (and other industry people).  I won and wasn't invited back. :P

Anywhoo I follow Dan rather closely. he's a huge Rosen fan and has been pumping him up since day 1.  His thoughts about Rosen and the Giants is nothing more than reading tea leaves, he's very against a move down or Barkley, I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

• Thank you (+1) 1