Dorsey: No legit offers for #1 pick

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, imagine if the Browns traded out and missed ANOTHER QB?!? He basically has to use the pick. 

Exactly. This should be no surprise to anyone as many have been saying since Dorsey got the job as GM. 

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, imagine if the Browns traded out and missed ANOTHER QB?!? He basically has to use the pick. 

I would disagree with that, they are going to have a shot at one, maybe two of the "top 4" QBs with their 4th pick.  Knowing the Browns the would probably be better off letting "the market" select which QB they would chose because left to their own they will pick the one bust of the group.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

I would disagree with that, they are going to have a shot at one, maybe two of the "top 4" QBs with their 4th pick.  Knowing the Browns the would probably be better off letting "the market" select which QB they would chose because left to their own they will pick the one bust of the group.

Zero NFL organizations think like this.  Not one. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

They can’t pass on the top guy. They basically have to take one first and have to be right.  It is a tough scenario for them. If Darnold, Mayfield, Allen or Rosen goes before the Browns take a QB and they are a star Dorsey is immediately on the hot seat. They passed on Wentz, Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky, Etc.. They don’t have the luxury of waiting to 4 IMO.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

They can’t pass on the top guy. They basically have to take one first and have to be right.  It is a tough scenario for them. If Darnold, Mayfield, Allen or Rosen goes before the Browns take a QB and they are a star Dorsey is immediately on the hot seat. They passed on Wentz, Watson, Mahomes, Trubusky, Etc.. They don’t have the luxury of waiting to 4 IMO.

If, and granted this a big if, they think all of the "top 4" are basically risk adjusted equal, imo they would be doing the absolute right thing by by trading away the number one pick if they got some stupid compensation like one teams entire draft for the year and next years #1.

To paraphrase Marv Levy, Once you start doing things to placate fans, you might as well join them in the stands.  

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Zero NFL organizations think like this.  Not one. 

I was being facetious but I stand by my argument they would be well served to trade away #1 IF 1) they thought the top four were all about "the same" (highly unlikely) and  2) they get a kings ransom for it (which they would).

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If, and granted this a big if, they think all of the "top 4" are basically risk adjusted equal, imo they would be doing the absolute right thing by by trading away the number one pick if they got some stupid compensation like one teams entire draft for the year and next years #1.

To paraphrase Marv Levy, Once you start doing things to placate fans, you might as well join them in the stands.  

I was being facetious but I stand by my argument they would be well served to trade away #1 IF 1) they thought the top four were all about "the same" (highly unlikely) and  2) they get a kings ransom for it (which they would).

Hard to tell around here these days with so many off the wall (not the subforum) threads and ideas being promulgated.

15 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I’m not saying that I disagree but if they pick a QB 4th he has to be the top guy in the class or they are going to hear it. They are backed into a corner because of previous decisions. They are just going to take their guy and hope to be right.

I can't see Dorsey wanting to trade either 1st round picks.

They surely don't need MORE picks this year, they got 5 in the 1st 2 rounds with 9 total.

How many rookies do people think they want to bring to camp?

I can see them making smaller moves in the 2nd to pick up 2019 picks (they already got 2 3rds next year).

I would say he wants close to a Ditka offer knowing he won't get it but if he does then we can take a QB at #4 ... Bills Probably would need to offer like 12, 22, 53, 56, 65 and next years #1 and #2  ... I think he would trade for that ... JMO