Job's & Medical For Everyone!

Dante

lol ok, you get at it, Bernie. What a  bumbling old washed up communist charlatan.

Sheesh, since I have a job and pay my own med can I get Sharks season tix for next year? Good ones, lower club level.  Like I should get my fair share of the Fed gifties. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/384554-sanders-to-announce-proposal-to-guarantee-jobs-to-all-americans

27 minutes ago, Cinga said:

It's the Democrat way....... to buy votes..... "Free" healthcare.... "Free" tuition... "Free" jobs... 

I never realized it was so easy. We just have to mandate this stuff and it's all good! The elegant simplicity of Bernie.

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Well, there’s a government job open now.

Laws are for little people, part #45,732

Another Chris Christie Port Authority victory. 

According to her company bio, she served on finance committees for Hillary Clinton and Gov. Jon Corzine.

With credentials like that, I think we can give her a break and assume she's just an honest, hard-working mom.

8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Awesome!!  So can I assume since every American will have a job, Bernie has proposed dismantling the welfare system?

That's the idea; welfare programs would be replaced by a jobs guarantee program. I would think conservatives would like that. The wage paid would also set a floor for the private sector. 

A job is the best social program ever invented, but since I studied how they tried this in the 1930's and it ran up against local wage rates, needs for jobs, putting the program in place and hurting the flow of labor I'd want to see more details. Jennifer Rubin of the Washington Post argued that helping the unemployed move to areas where there are jobs is a better idea that this and unemployment insurance and I lean in that direction. Even during the recession employers were having problems finding trained workers for jobs. If the government had a program to train and move workers I'd like that.  

The coal mining areas would love this job guarantee thing so they would never have to leave the rural areas, get educated and join the new economy. 

12 minutes ago, TPS said:

That's the idea; welfare programs would be replaced by a jobs guarantee program. I would think conservatives would like that. The wage paid would also set a floor for the private sector. 

Why would conservatives support a government program that will turn into another patronage racket

The U.S. economy is desperately short of skilled workers, and the federal government claims it wants to help. Alas, a new report from the Labor Department’s inspector general shows that the $1.7 billion federal Job Corps training program is a flop.

Launched in 1964, Job Corps works with 16- to 24-year-olds who grew up homeless or poor, passed through foster care, or suffered other hardships. The goal is to equip these young adults with skills for careers in advanced manufacturing, the building trades, health care, information technology, business and more.

Nearly 50,000 people enrolled in 2017, and 87% lived in Job Corps dorms. In addition to training and housing, the Job Corps provides meals, medical care, books, clothing and supplies, as well as an allowance for child care and living expenses. Such comprehensive support doesn’t come cheap—the taxpayer cost per student last year was $33,990—and the IG suggests that the investment often doesn’t pay off.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

If all of these jobs pay $5M a yer then everyone will be rich.  How is this a bad idea?

$5 million per year? You cheapskate!

Everyone deserves at least $10 million per year, with a 12 hour work week and full benefits (including 51 weeks of paid vacation per year).

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

$5 million per year? You cheapskate!

Everyone deserves at least $10 million per year, with a 12 hour work week and full benefits (including 51 weeks of paid vacation per year).

Go tell that to all the Trump voters in WV that want the government to make coal work for them (filthy coal we don't need) 

So hypocritical to act like Democrats are the only ones that pander to the work averse 

57 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Go tell that to all the Trump voters in WV that want the government to make coal work for them (filthy coal we don't need) 

So hypocritical to act like Democrats are the only ones that pander to the work averse 

Last I checked, the coal industry was not owned by the government.

so i'm going to see Bruckner's 8th symphony next week with the Toronto SO

I wonder if Tibs can write 10,000 words on this great musical work ad-lib despite never having heard of Bruckner before