4-23: Brandon Beane on One Bills Live

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did he say anything about Rube Baker I mean Leighton Vander Doodle?

NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports teams have injury concerns with Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch.

Vander Esch's neck injury has removed him from some draft boards. He also had a pinched C-spine nerve and LCL sprain at Boise State. This has been out there, but it confirms teams have flagged Vander Esch's medicals. Vander Esch was given a passing grade for his neck issue at the Combine.
Apr 21 - 5:26 PM
  • Like (+1) 1

Steve Tasker, "Nobody likes me".

--One Bills Live

Steve, you started off dope as eff with like, "nobody wants to hear about that stuff" or something to that effect, putting Beane on the spot and then you just went on and on and gave Beane a chance to think before responding. You almost had him a bit off balance which is hard for reporters and pundits to do bruh, but you ended up begging him to be in the draft room like a sixteen year old with Tourettes. What happened Steve?

I swear I will stop hacking on the Taskmaster as soon as he stops giving me ammo; something I doubt will happen anytime soon. GO BILLS! 

Edited by Threedollabills

You simply cannot keep reiterating the fact that "this is a QB-driven league" and then stand pat while the top 3 QBs are taken off the board, especially when you have a division rival taking one of those guys. If Beane doesn't trade up he's signing his own pink slip. If you're acknowledging that QB is the most important position on the field you can't take the "sit at 12 and take who comes to us" position. I don't care if you overpay, the only excuse for not trading up is "we offered them the farm and they didn't want to trade." That may happen at 1-3, but there is no excuse not to trade up to 4-6 when you know there are several teams not in the top 10 looking for QBs. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

You simply cannot keep reiterating the fact that "this is a QB-driven league" and then stand pat while the top 3 QBs are taken off the board, especially when you have a division rival taking one of those guys. If Beane doesn't trade up he's signing his own pink slip. If you're acknowledging that QB is the most important position on the field you can't take the "sit at 12 and take who comes to us" position. I don't care if you overpay, the only excuse for not trading up is "we offered them the farm and they didn't want to trade." That may happen at 1-3, but there is no excuse not to trade up to 4-6 when you know there are several teams not in the top 10 looking for QBs. 

Unless he's sure his guy is going to be there. I think he knows Rosen will be there at 5, 6 and 7.

26 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

No Jay is spot on here.  The Bills have gone out their way to show that Russ is not involved in football decision.  Russ himself as well.  

There are business sides to football decisions . Particularly at say, the QB position. They'll leave the decision to the football guys though, ultimately. 

3 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Unless he's sure his guy is going to be there. I think he knows Rosen will be there at 5, 6 and 7.

This would be nice. Except he can't possibly know this. 

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

There is no chance they already know who the top 3 QBs being picked are. GMs at 1 and 2 won't even tell their HCs who they are picking. There is no way to know which of the top 4 is available after pick 4. I you like Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold you can't sit around and figure you can get that guy at 5 or later. 

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

What if there's only one of the " top 4" left and the Bills wouldn't take that guy with the 32nd pick? Then what? 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

What if there's only one of the " top 4" left and the Bills wouldn't take that guy with the 32nd pick? Then what? 

That's why I just said, you have an obligation to trade up to a pick that will secure you one of the QBs you want. You cannot sit around and be reactive.

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

There is no chance they already know who the top 3 QBs being picked are. GMs at 1 and 2 won't even tell their HCs who they are picking. There is no way to know which of the top 4 is available after pick 4. I you like Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold you can't sit around and figure you can get that guy at 5 or later. 

Pretty clear Darnold and Mayfield are going 1 and 3 and then next QB is preference between Rosen and Allen.