Have You Ever Gotten Into A Fight Defending The Bills?

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

This thread is for tough guys and old war stories.  You wanna get all emotional you can go share your fears and turn ons in the 'I am my Mother's Son' thread with the other Marys.

I agree.... but keep the stories legit.  That’s all I’m saying

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Mind you, this was in Western, NY but I think people had started to turn on the Bills for losing.  The problem is that many fans were jumping on Dallas Cowboy bandwagon and wearing those annoying dark blue and silver poofy Starter coats.  Sorry to any Dallas fans, but those guys were just jerks.

I grew up in Texas moving after the music city miracle. I obviously didn't bring too much attention to myself but those 2 teams weren't even remotely rivals at the time. I was hella mad when Bills blew a MNF lead with Romo's 4 first half picks and had to own it that year. Cowboys fans suck, but they were pretty easy to troll during the early Romo years when I was in highschool.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I grew up in Texas moving after the music city miracle. I obviously didn't bring too much attention to myself but those 2 teams weren't even remotely rivals at the time. I was hella mad when Bills blew a MNF lead with Romo's 4 first half picks and had to own it that year. Cowboys fans suck, but they were pretty easy to troll during the early Romo years when I was in highschool.

Yeah you might be too young to remember them in the 1990’s, but everyone seemed to jump on the bandwagon.  You saw lots of Cowboys merch everywhere - even in Wester, NY.  I really wonder what happened to those fans.  Surprisingly there wasn’t much visible Cowboys gear when Drew Bledsoe played QB for them

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

No, I'm not a meathead.  Football is a game, it's entertainment to take our minds off of the real world.  Nothing worth fighting over.

Miya different when you have someone trying to bully you for being a Bills fan.  You gotta stand up for yourself and your team sometimes 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Yeah you might be too young to remember them in the 1990’s, but everyone seemed to jump on the bandwagon.  You saw lots of Cowboys merch everywhere - even in Wester, NY.  I really wonder what happened to those fans.  Surprisingly there wasn’t much visible Cowboys gear when Drew Bledsoe played QB for them

well highschool bandwagon fans never really develop that emotional attachment we get. Their loss. We obviously have a strong community here despite our differences in opinion (disregarding DunkirkDon and SaviorPete)... Thurman#1's schooled me, Gugny, Tyrod's Friend (easy sparring partner).. but at the end of the day we're on the same team. I wouldn't give up my fan experience for the world, win or lose. It's the same patriotic feel I have for the US soccer team, and community I have there.

• Like (+1) 1

No, but I had a guy who was about 65 ask me the other day if I wanted to 'mix it up' after my six year old daughter impeaded his progress on a walking path.  That was the closest I've come to a fight in the last few decades.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Can we all recall Dunkirk Don literally used this forum to sell his **** land property?

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

No, but I had a guy who was about 65 ask me the other day if I wanted to 'mix it up' after my six year old daughter impeaded his progress on a walking path.  That was the closest I've come to a fight in the last few decades.

oof, some big dude in a cowboys shirt barged into my blind father. Wasn't sport related, but man if there was ever a time to have a black jack on me.. dude would have been rocked.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Here's a question, that I am sure many people can relate to.  I'm wondering if you have ever gotten into a fight defending the Bills.  Personally, I have gotten into many verbal fights that occasionally ended with pushing, shoving, or a thrown drink here or there.  

H12N-Starter-proline-NFL-Buffalo-bills-jacket-1.jpg

In high school, this happened quite a bit.  I used to have a Buffalo Bills Starter jacket (which ironically is now worth a lot of money) and it was great to wear it to school when the Bills were winning.  Not so great on Monday after a Super Bowl loss.  I remember getting teased really really bad the day after Super Bowl 27.  Mind you, this was in Western, NY but I think people had started to turn on the Bills for losing.  The problem is that many fans were jumping on Dallas Cowboy bandwagon and wearing those annoying dark blue and silver poofy Starter coats.  Sorry to any Dallas fans, but those guys were just jerks.  The irony of those kids from the blue-collar city thinking they were rough and tough Cowboys.

fc306881bf1ddeda1249f056e48606d7.jpg

Anyway these were the days when kids were allowed to bullies.  There was a lot of bullying going on and school just accepted it as part of the high school experience.  And wow was I bullied after the Bills Super Bowl loss and it started immediately - like right when I walked into school before the first period began.  It got so bad, I finally stood up to one fat blonde haired kid with the Cowboys Starter coat and told him to shut the f up.  I think his name was Randy.  This was around a crowd and he was embarrassed, so he challenged me to fight in the gym at 2:30.  I didn't want to fight because I knew I'd lose, but something inside me wanted to fight for the Bills.  By the end of the day, word really began to spread throughout school and everyone was asking me if I really was going to go through with it.  I told them yes. 

I remember walking down the halls with my Starter jacket.  Several teachers heard of the fight too and they made not attempt to stop me.  In fact, several male teachers shook my hand and said "good luck."  When I got to the gym, I saw Randy waiting for me on the bleachers.  There must have been about a 100 people waiting.  I ran over the bleachers and we started trading punches on the bleachers.  We feel over a few times, as it's easy to trip over the steps.  I took a few good shots but gave some back too.  But the fight stopped when we backed up to the edge of the bleachers I picked Randy up and suplexed him over the guardrail onto a plastic table.  The table didn't break but it did tip and he kind of skidded right off it.  Everyone cheered.  Randy's pride was kind of wounded and he pretended that he was hurt worse than he was to get out of the situation.  He limped away pretending he hurt his knee when people congratulated me.  

They did not sing the "Shout" but they damn well should have.  The worst part about this was, I think the gym teachers were still in their offices hanging out.  They were too damn lazy to get off their ass to try to stop a fight after school.   Oddly enough, no one was ever disciplined or even questioned about the event.  There were a ton of people there, so the adults and teachers had to find out about but no one cared to do anything.  "Boys will be boys" I guess.  But them 'Dem Boys (Cowboys)....F Them.  

That's really the last major physical confrontation I've had, but it's a great memory defending the Bills against a bandwagon, trash-talking Cowboy wannabe fan.   The Bills did not win the Super Bowl that year, but I sure won the fight. 

Wow... this explains so much...

First of all, getting **** because your team lost a game is not bullying. That word is thrown around way too much now. 

Secondly, no, I don't get into physical confrontations over my team and I won't ever. It's childish, immature, and you're defining it as great. You should be embarrassed by it. I love the Bills, but I'm not defined by them, they aren't my wife or child. It's completely stupid to physically fight someone over them. Whenever someone has insulted me for liking them, I just laugh, not because they're funny, but I find anyone who defines themselves and others by a football team to be utterly stupid and not worth the time. It's hilarious. 

I can't believe you're proud of this. 

50 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Maybe now....but back in the day people really would needle you about being a Bills fan.  It was bad.

You're right... People used to needle you when they were going to superbowls every year and going to the playoffs...

Now, the kids have it easy... I mean, what could they say to those soft ass millenials who went to school from 2000 onward. 

You're still a child, it's a football team. I'm borderline figuring you're a complete moron given your posts. That or a loser... I should be careful, you might challenge me to a fight in the gym and I know all your teachers will wish you luck. 

56 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Total BS.  This is a thread for legit stories...not fan-fiction

This whole thread is fan fiction, I mean, you wanted to fight Randy for the Bills you said.

That's delusions of grandeur and fan fiction wrapped up in one. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

21 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Did you win?

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Did he threaten you with his walker?

and to answer the op, no. But I did beat up a fish fan for smoking in my house 

Edited by joesixpack

The closest I got to fighting to defend the bills was when I was in Indianapolis back when the colts and the bills were in the Eastern Division.  This was during the Kelly era, the bills destroyed the colts.  On my way out a very drunken Female Colts fan was very aggressive in trying to take my Bills hat.

I am glad to say I was able to retain my beloved Bills hat. (no punches were thrown LOL)

7 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I was hitchhiking through Maine a few years back wearing my Bills hat and shirt when the local sheriff, who I assume was a Pats fan, started hassling me.  They said I was drunk in public, which wasn't true since I was only half drunk at the time, and tossed me in a holding cell to cool off.  Thats when I started having flashbacks and my military training kicked in.  I wound up destroying half the town.  They called in the special forces, had to take them all out. 

It was a massacre.

More believable than others’ fictional accounts of masculine prowess on here.