Here we go again with a new QB

All of you are missing the point. No QB can be successful with a trash O-line and trash WR. Not to mention a garbage Defense outside of the secondary (hope Vontae Davis is healthy)

The Bills now have both. It is plain as day, yet you refuse to see it. 4-12 right now at best.

But hey trade everything for 'can't hit a barn Allen', 'Concussion Rosen' or 'smurf Mayfield'.

Trading away 3-4 picks and next year's top 5 pick is dumb. Will you gamble on 'concussion Rosen' behind this line? He would retire in a NY minute behind this line. Maybe turnover Darnold is your pick?

McBean trashed this roster. It is garbage.

Let the draft fall to the Bills. They need everything right now. BPA is the way to go for multiple drafts.

All they need is QB, LB, OL, WR ,DL and CB.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

You have some pretty rose colored glasses. Can I borrow them? This roster as it is built now stinks. OL is bad, LB is bad, WR is bad, and DL is counting on guys 'bouncing back'.

This is a 4-12 team right now.

I enjoyed your post. It was rational and well thought out. I think "that QB" is there at 12. I really do. And I think the team can be built up around him with the other picks.

No, with a top 5 pick it is easier to move to #1 or #2. Use the bevy of picks this year to build the D front 7 and O-line and then get a QB in 2019

Which QB?  Looks like a pretty weak class and if we build up a beast team this draft, we may not be able to get that qb.  I do believe that there’s more than 1 way to become a championship team.  You don’t have to have a stud qb if you draft a perfect team....but it would be nice to have one.  Hitting on all the draft picks isn’t as easy as it seems.  If we draft like the Vikings have drafted over the last few years we’d have a chance. 

13 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

All of you are missing the point. No QB can be successful with a trash O-line and trash WR. Not to mention a garbage Defense outside of the secondary (hope Vontae Davis is healthy)

The Bills now have both. It is plain as day, yet you refuse to see it. 4-12 right now at best.

But hey trade everything for 'can't hit a barn Allen', 'Concussion Rosen' or 'smurf Mayfield'.

Trading away 3-4 picks and next year's top 5 pick is dumb. Will you gamble on 'concussion Rosen' behind this line? He would retire in a NY minute behind this line. Maybe turnover Darnold is your pick?

McBean trashed this roster. It is garbage.

Let the draft fall to the Bills. They need everything right now. BPA is the way to go for multiple drafts.

All they need is QB, LB, OL, WR ,DL and CB.

e8104e99a57a4577801a7e02945aa3fd.jpg?ito

"Right on, Roc!

8 minutes ago, kota said:

I stopped reading after your first argument for not taking a QB is because of Andrew Luck and his situation.

Did he start throwing 'The Duke' again or am I missing something? He is a QB that can't even throw a football.

He was ruined in Indy. Indy's inability to build a team around Luck ruined him. No O-line and a terrible Defense ruined him.

I don''t want to do that to a top prospect. Buffalo's O-line and WRs suck. Any top 5 prospect here will fail because of it.

My troll post about Luck to Buffalo is worthless now. Buffalo has no O-line. Luck has yet to throw a football. He is done. Any trade from Indy for Luck would be fools gold now, as would any rookie QB in Buffalo this year.

Edited by RocCityRoller

I know!  The Bills can draft Allen. . .Kyle Allen.  What, you never heard of him?  His name has popped up on TV lately.  He was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school.  He went to Texas A&M.  Unfortunately he had a problem with interceptions and got replaced as a starter early on in his college career.  He transferred to Houston.  After, sitting out a year, he began the following year as a starter, and promptly got benched for throwing interceptions.  

Why is he popping up lately as a deep sleeper?  He's smart, has good measurables (6'3") with an NFL arm.  He was a great QB in high school, and apart from the interceptions did a lot of great things on the field.  The question is, has he learned from his unfortunate college experience.  His going to come and be pretty raw.  If, however, he's figured out what he was doing wrong, he might be as talented as another Allen we hear about.  I'm not recommending Buffalo take him, especially not ans the guy they would be counting on to develop into the next Jim Kelly, but if you don't trade up, and you have to settle for a Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph, it might be a good idea to add someone like him as competition.  He might just surprise people.

5 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Did he start throwing 'The Duke' again or am I missing something? He is a QB that can't even throw a football.

Indy's inability to build a team around Luck ruined him. No O-line and a terrible Defense ruined him.

I don''t want to do that to a top prospect. Buffalo's O-line and WRs suck. Any top 5 prospect here will fail because of it.

You cannot compare the two.  Two different teams, coaching staffs, etc....  Losing Wood and Richie does hurt a bit but it's not like they were getting any younger.  The Bills will find replacements and it will be just fine.

Nobody thought the bills would win 9 games much less make the playoffs but they did.  Losing a couple of players is a small bump compared to the mountain they already crossed.

Same mistake found on this board every year. You can't possibly predict problem areas before the end of free agency & the NFL draft.

There are OLmen waived over contract issues, surprised waived players + 2nd year players stepping into starting roles.

40 minutes ago, kota said:

You cannot compare the two.  Two different teams, coaching staffs, etc....  Losing Wood and Richie does hurt a bit but it's not like they were getting any younger.  The Bills will find replacements and it will be just fine.

Nobody thought the bills would win 9 games much less make the playoffs but they did.  Losing a couple of players is a small bump compared to the mountain they already crossed.

Let me go on record to say i like McDermott a lot. I really like the guy, I think he will be a very successful NFL coach, and win multiple Super Bowls.

I don't think the Bills have what it takes for even McDermott to be successful. Beane has trashed a good roster, and now has the worst dead money cap in the league, and a terrible roster to boot.

This is not an accident. Beane has to be a total Wizard in the draft to approach Whaley in talent. I said it, Wahely !@#$3d up on QB, but he got the rest right. The Bills had talent all over the roster with Whaley, but he couldn't find a QB.

If Beane get's the QB he is half way there, but what is the cost? Is it Rosen and a horrible O-line, and no WRs worth no 1st rnd pick in 2019?

Beane is in a no win situation now. The D is weak (name 3 starting LBs) which McDermott needs to run an elite defense, the offense is in a shambles.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Eh...there are still picks to pick and moves to make.

Watch Baker fall to 12 because he's 6 feet tall and has maturity issues. We grab a solid OL and WR in the first 2 rounds and grab another vet in FA after more off-season cuts. 

Talk to me in August.

This is my hope. It's the only situation Beane can hope for now.

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't understand these people who say things like it'd be a devastating cost to trade up.

You trade up, and try to build around the guy. It doesn't work, then we're back in the top 5 in 2020. I watched for the better part of 16 years an awful team, and you guys can't gamble away 2 years? Grow a pair. Outside of shady who on this roster do you care about winning for in the short term. Or who has talent that you think they must capitalize on or you'd feel like they missed a window. Draft a QB. There is no winning now by filling holes, and 2019 hasn't appeared to be a big qb year. Sure it could turn out differently but this has been the year of the qb for 2 or 3 years now.

I was going to go on about how nothing in that post was pragmatic, but I was lazy and I just assumed it'd go over his head.

The point about Luck is just beyond... I'm going to refrain from being any more rude.

Luck has yet to throw a football. He was ruined by a terrible football team. Admit the truth.

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

Luck has yet to throw a football. He was ruined by a terrible football team. Admit the truth.

One of the worst, and most hated, GMs in their franchise history failed to build the team around the franchise pick. If you think Beane is as bad as Grigson, then your concern is valid. Otherwise, it doesnt hold up.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

One of the worst, and most hated, GMs in their franchise history failed to build the team around the franchise pick. If you think Beane is as bad as Grigson, then your concern is valid. Otherwise, it doesnt hold up.

It is a valid and recent example of what can happen, when you trade away your franchise for a great QB

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Colts did not trade anything to pick Luck.  Multiply by 10 if you trade 3 firsts plus for a QB.

this is exactly my point. Thank you. No QB will succeed here behind this O-line/ WR combo.

It will be worse than Indy if we trade the farm away.

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

you have no point, youre not on topic, youre just crusading.

Other than Sam Darnold, I think these 2018 QBs need a solid team around them.

I believe Rosen stinks as an injury prone quitter, I believe Allen can't hit the broad side of a barn.

If that is a 'crusade' sign me on. We have multiples in the other camps. Even the Giants are now passing in Rosen, why?

You need a solid O-line and some WR to succeed. The Bills stink in both regards. Admit it.

Edited by RocCityRoller